Maverick has a blog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maverick has a blog?

At first I thought I had found Maverick's Blog then I realized, this guy was too smart to be the Maverick we know.  UNO should pay attention to #3 and #5. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

http://www.blogmaverick.com/entry/2634308196564843

Success and Motivation  

1. Time is more valuable than money
    You have to learn how to use time wisely and be productive. How wisely you use your time will have far more impact on your life and success than any amount of money.

2. Random Acts of Kindness
    Being successful entails being able to not only get along with people, but also give something back. No one gets to the top on their own, and I believe we all should be able to make those around us smile.

3. No Balls, No Babies
    This is something a blackjack dealer once told me when I asked him if I should hit or stick. It is also my favorite line and probably the thing I tell myself the most. Once you are prepared, and you think you have every angle of preparation covered. Then you have to go for it. No balls, no babies.

4. Work Hard Play Hard
    I went 7 years without a vacation, but I sure managed to have fun. You have to find ways to blow off steam so you don’t blow a gasket.

5. Don’t let fear be a roadblack
    You can use fear as a roadblock or as motivation. There is always going to be someone who is competing with you, and they are going to win sometimes. Rather than not doing something for fear of losing, take on the challenge. If you fail, get back up and go for it again. I have been fired from more jobs than most people have had! In the search for success, you can fail any number of times, but you only have to get it right one time.

6. Expect the unexpected, and always be ready
    You don’t wake up in the morning with someone telling you that everyone is going to be selling lemonade so whoever sells the most wins. It’s the exact opposite. Life is unpredictable, which is exactly why we made The Benefactor unpredictable.

You never know when an opportunity will open or close. You have to realize this and always know that the game is on. Whatever your are striving to achieve isn’t waiting in one static place for you to find it.

It’s the opposite. Everyone has inside of them what it takes to be successful. You just have to be ready to unleash it when the opportunity presents itself.

7. It’s ok to yell and be yelled at
    One of the rules I have is that I don’t mind if people raise their voice and even yell a little bit. At MicroSolutions, my partner Martin and I would have some knockdown drag outs. They were always short bursts. They didn’t happen a lot. When they did, I knew, and he knew, that this was an issue we were passionate about.

8. Everyone gets down, the key is how soon you get back up
    I can’t count how many times I have gotten up in the morning dreading the day. I wasnt motivated, I was tired. I just wanted to crawl back in bed.
    Other times, I had lost a deal, we had lost a game, something wasn’t working. I just wanted to crawl under a rock and disappear.
    EVERYONE goes through those moments. The key is how you fight through them.
    Knowing that everyone has those days, the people who truly will be successful are those that fight through the quickest and come back stronger and smarter

9. It’s not if the glass is half empty, or half full, it’s who is pouring the water
    This is one of my favorites. They key in business and success at any endeavor is doing your best to control your destiny. You can’t always do it, but you have to take every opportunity you can to be as prepared and ahead of the competition as you possibly can be. Take the lead, and you can control your own destiny.

10. It’s not in the dreaming, it’s in the doing
    Everyone has it in them to be successful. EVERYONE. Most people only dream about what they do if they were successful, or how they might get there.

Anyone can dream. Anyone and everyone does have ideas about how they might be successful. It doesn’t matter if your definition of success is being a great parent, being an athlete, a business person, whatever.
    When I catch myself daydreaming about how I’m going to do this or that, I always try to wake up and ask myself just how I’m going to get from where I am, to where I want to be. What EXACTLY is it going to take to do it, rather than dream about it.

11. Pigs Get Fat, Hogs Get Slaughtered
    This is one I got from my partner Todd Wagner. He is right on. Sometimes you have to go for the jugular, but more often than not, the biggest mistake people make are getting too greedy. Every good deal has a win win solution. There is nothing I hate more than someone who tries to squeeze every last penny out of the deal. They often raise the aggrevation level to the point where it’s not worth doing the deal. They also raise the dislike level to the point where even if a deal gets done, you look for ways to never do business with that person or company again.

12. You only have to be right once
    I have been fired from more jobs than most people have had. Some jobs I have had were so bad, the only way I could justify them to myself was that I was getting paid to learn (as opposed to paying to go to school).
Working...
X