"New" NCC to Change Name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "New" NCC to Change Name?

With the recent departure of NC, NDSU and SDSU, the NEW NCC's chances of winning a National Championship has diminished greatly.

For years North Dakota and South Dakota DI caliber athletes that wanted to stay close to home, chose to attend DII schools because there were no DI schools in those two states. Not any more. We have seen almost all of the best athletes choose DI over DII now that they have a choice.

What is the future of once formidable league? More of the same. As NDSU and SDSU build their rosters to a full compliment of DI athletes the DII schools level of play will suffer.
    The more years away from the switch the larger the disparity will become.

More and more people will begin to realize that the NCC has changed. Their chances of an NCC team winning a National Championship will become smaller and smaller over time because they will no longer be able to attract the quality of athletes they once did before there was a DI option in the Dakotas.

Maybe they should change the conference name to:

Not
    Championship
    Caliber

Re: "New" NCC to Change Name?

I was going to think up a name for the conference that you are in and then realized, your not in one!!!!!!!! Don't even call that football thing that was thrown together a conference. That thing is on life support. If I were you JBNJBQ, the word conference is something I might not bring up in the next few years. It might come back to bite you in the arse.

Go Mavs!    ;D

Comment

I almost always disagree with those 3 antagonists who get on our site and act disagreeable. But the one thing I do agree with them on is that I don't wish the NCC any ill will. I hope the ncc has a lot of great days ahead of it. It is not going to make me feel any better if the ncc struggles. We had a lot of great days in that league and I just want to remember the really good times without any ill will toward the ncc.
      I hope both sdsu and the ncc have a lot of great success in the coming years. I don't think it is a mutually exclusive kind of deal.

Comment

Originally posted by sdman
        I don't wish the NCC any ill will.
        Neither do I.  I was just stating a fact.

I hope the ncc has a lot of great days ahead of it.

So do I.  But the chances are not as good as they were.

It is not going to make me feel any better if the ncc struggles.
        Nor will I.  But it is destined to happen for the reasons I pointed out.

We had a lot of great days in that league and I just want to remember the really good times without any ill will toward the ncc.

Everyone feels that way.  But we must face reality, things have changed.  They chose to stay were they were rather than move up to bigger and better things.  They thought by so doing things would reamain the same, but they won't.

I hope both sdsu and the ncc have a lot of great success in the coming years.

So do I.

I don't think it is a mutually excluesive kind of deal.
        We will both move forward independent of each other.  We will take the best players and they will take what is left.

Isn't it great to agree!

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
          .....If I were you JBNJBQ.....

1.  You would be a lot better man than you are now.

2.  You would support a team with a future in big time sports not UNO.

3.  You would live in the greatest State in the Union not Nebraska.

4.  Your IQ would be 40 points higher.

5.  You would not spend your entire life on someone elses talk board.

6.  You would not have a criminal record.

The list goes on and on and on. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by JBNJBQ

1.  You would be a lot better man than you are now.

2.  You would support a team with a future in big time sports not UNO.

3.  You would live in the greatest State in the Union not Nebraska.

4.  Your IQ would be 40 points higher.

5.  You would not spend your entire life on someone elses talk board.

6.  You would not have a criminal record.

The list goes on and on and on. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

You forgot the part about no one ever responding to your posts.

Comment

Working...
            X