D-II, D-III, NAIA, and other lesser divisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-II, D-III, NAIA, and other lesser divisions

Awhile back JBNJBQ started a thread for non-D-I posters to smack on. Looks like it is time to bring it back, however it was already pretty full so I started a new one.

Here you go guys rant away.

Re: D-II, D-III, NAIA, and other lesser divisions

What happened to the thread that was talking about Mueller breaking the USD assist record. I know I saw it earlier, but I'm not sure where. i wanted to reply to it but I can't find where it is at. Does anyone know what thread it's under? ???

Comment

thought it was under basketball thread....but mayb enot

Comment

The thread had no relevance to SDSU or it's fans so it was removed.  

The Moderator*

P.S. It would have been a great topic for the USD board, if they had one. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
          The thread had no relevance to SDSU or it's fans so it was removed.  

The Moderator*
          Thanks for the quick reply, I was driving myself crazy looking for that thread.

Comment

Whats going on, my posts are even being pulled when I'm posting in the section that I was told to. Why is that?

Comment

*From the Moderator

Same rules apply here as on the rest of the smack board.  The board is almost 2 years old and no one has been banned, would you like to be first? If so keep it up.

Comment

i just saw the update to this thread, and am not really happy that the thread on USD's Mueller was removed. "No relevance to SDSU or its fans" seems a bit strong to me. I am a SDSU fan first and foremost, however, I am also interested in what is going on at the other institutions in the area. Does it have relevance to SDSU? I believe it does. His march to the record will be covered by the local media, which means limited media time will be going to USD. Is it the most relevant thing to SDSU? IMO, not even close, but there is some relevance there.

I am concerned that many on this board are willing to dish it out to anyone who comes on, but can't take it back from those posters. If "fun and entertaining" is the standard the moderator chooses to use (and he does get to set the standard), we all need to know what constitutes "fun and entertaining." What I think would meet that definition clearly is not what the board thinks meets the definition (see my thread trying to find out the stories behind the members names which had very few responses). So I know I cannot use my judgment, just want to know what judgment to use.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

1stRow,

Let me introduce you to the Argus Leader Forum.  It is far more encompassing then our board.  You can post about almost any topic over there.  They have a USD section so the Mueller thing would be appropriate at that site.  

http://www.argusleaderonline.com/forum/

If you have concerns about this board please feel free to send me a PM and we can discuss it further.

Comment

I don't need any introduction to any other board. As for discussions about how the board is being run, I believe needs to be done in the open for everyone to see and understand.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic
                      I don't need any introduction to any other board. As for discussions about how the board is being run, I believe needs to be done in the open for everyone to see and understand.
                      1stRow,

I know you "don't need" an introduction to another board. However, in your previous post you expressed that you were "interested in what is going on at the other institutions in the area" so I thought you might find the Argus Forum helpful since it's boards cover a greater variety of subjects including other schools in the area.

Next I ask you to look at my "in the open" response to your request for clarification, that took place just an hour and 10 min. after you asked for it. Me asking you to send me a PM if you wanted to discuss it further was to avoid any misunderstanding and hard feelings rather then some sort of secretive plot. For goodness sake we are talking about a fan bulletin board not how your tax dollars are going to be spent by the county commission. No need to invoke the freedom of information act or anything.

http://diaafootball.com/cgi-bin/yabb...num=1104421733

Finally let me end by saying I appreciate your imput however as I have said before, and will no doubt say again, this is an SDSU Fan board and my efforts are focused on the SDSU Fan, not the posters from other schools.

1stRow, I value you as a member and I think you add a lot to the board. It seems we may have a difference of opionion on this issue and I hope there are no hard feelings over this matter. (this is far more personal then I would usually get on the board, but in the spirt of being "in the open" I thought I would post it for all to see). Thanks again and keep cheering for the Jackrabbits!

Go State! ;D

Comment

Actually I have attended many women's sporting events and particularily enjoy Creighton women's basketball this year. But at most universities it is "fluff around the edges". Gosh, I have seen Creighton women play KU, Ne and Minn at home this year and we won two of them. I think the biggest crowd was 1500 which is nothing more than a small niche they have or as I have put it "fluff around the edges". Their women deserve more support than that but that is the way it is at most universities. Nothing against the women. That is a good number for a d2 school but not for a d1 school and that is why I consider women's bb as "fluff around the edges" at many schools. People aren't that interested except at the very elite program schools.
                        Your women have done some nice things this basketball season but apparently many of your fans think the same as I do based on your attendance.
                        sw mn 1049
                        mankato 1405 (Also, I don't know how you gauge attendance but a lot of schools fudge their nos. upward. Don't know about sdsu but it is common to do that.
                        concordia 1129
                        eau claire 1141
                        loras 715
                        ferris 609
                        Those numbers do not merit a sport being considered a marquee sport. That is why I will always measure your success on the sports that your people care about. People care most about men's bb and fb. Whatever team is in 3rd place I don't know - but I suspect it is a distant 3rd.
                        ****This belongs in another thread but I am not allowed in that thread.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
                          Your women have done some nice things this basketball season but apparently many of your fans think the same as I do based on your attendance.
                          sw mn 1049
                          mankato 1405     (Also, I don't know how you gauge attendance but a lot of schools fudge their nos. upward. Don't know about sdsu but it is common to do that.
                          concordia 1129
                          eau claire 1141
                          loras 715
                          ferris 609  
                          Those numbers do not merit a sport being considered a marquee sport.  
                          Those numbers would be really good nights for UNO's Men's Program.  

OK_Jackrabbit wrote:

UNO
                          6 home dates. Average attendance: 845

12/11: 625
                          12/7: 950
                          11/27: 1150
                          11/26: 950
                          11/21: 500
                          11/18: 1200

Interesting. Very ROUND numbers there. Amazing that exactly the same number of people came to the 11/26 and 12/7 games.  

I think they're using the USD Crowd Estimation System (USDCES, patent-pending). SDSU actually counts the number of people who enter Frost Arena. What a concept.  

Go State!  ;D

Comment

I was noticing that I have been promoted to sophomore on this messageboard (fun). I wondered if that makes me eligible for some sort of prize or plaque (fun). Why is there no juniors on this site?
                            I just want you to know 89 Rabbitt that one my 2005 new years resolutions is to get more posts than you have (entertaining). It will be tough since I am confined to this thread. But with Lance Armstrong like determination (I am wearing one of his live strong bracelets you know) I will surpass your over 2,000 post on this board. I have consulted Bill Stienke, the famed poster of the D2 football messageboard. This guy is one of my idols along with Mike Nelke (Am I allowed to still say his name on this board) (entertaining). He averages over ten posts per day and I know that if I am going to pass you 89 rabbitt those are the type of numbers that I have to put up. This thread my end up with over 3,000 posts. I hope it can take that many.
                            To show that I am not all a bad guy, I would like to wish everyone a happy new year and may all your rabbitt (SDSU reference) dreams come true.

Mavs #1

Comment

Mavs,

Best of luck to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X