PDA

View Full Version : BIG JAKE IDENTIFIED!

JBNJBQ
05-29-2004, 11:01 AM
Our best people have been working tirelessly in an all out effort to identify the notorious "BIG JAKE", alias (take your pick). We have pictures that explain his extreme hostility. It seems he is a frustrated dancer that attended the Julliard School of Dance in New York City, but flunked out in his first semester when he refused to cooperate with the strict regimen and protocol:

http://download2me.com/pictures/fat%20ballet.htm

BIG JAKE is considering suing the school for discrimination after he lost the part he so dearly wanted in the spring production "The Swan".

Be kind to him! He is a troubled soul! He's just trying to find his new identity!;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

bigjake
06-01-2004, 03:28 PM
I can honestly say that I am height weight proportional. What is wrong with a little ballet? Typical hatred from the state of sd. You sound like a frustrated little man. There is a lot of hatred coming my way whenever I pronounce sdsu as the next umkc. The truth hurts but until you prove me wrong I will continue to say it. I promise you that I will come back to this crummy site and pronounce sdsu as the greatest thing imaginable when they get to the elite 8. I don't anticipate living to 2075 though.

JBNJBQ
06-01-2004, 04:09 PM
I can honestly say that I am height weight proportional............ I don't anticipate living to 2075 though.

I did not know the definition of "proportional" in the context that you used it, so I looked it up:

Pro= Being in favor of.....
Portion= a serving
Al=the process of

Put it all together and you get:

The process of being in favor of a serving. Boy, by the looks of your picture, if you don't start cutting the carbs. you shouldn't anticipate living till 2005. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

bigjake
06-01-2004, 06:43 PM
Hey Soph, You sound like a very jealous and petty little man. The bottom line is that I live in Omaha and you wished you lived here. . Maybe one of these days you will be lucky enough to get out of SD where they are still in the 1950's and move to a really neat place like Omaha. 3 greatest cities in America
in order
1. New York City
2. San Francisco
3. Omaha - remember the 2nd richest man in the world chooses to live here. Who are your most noteworthy citizens - adam vinitieri? ADam Timmerman? Josh Ranek? Mike Miller? How manyof those guys live in SD in the off season? Probably none. They wanted to get the hell out of that place as soon as possible. I could be wrong but I know I am not.
What makes Omaha so great you ask?
1. The stunning views of the mo. river
2. World class steak houses
3. Awfully nice people like myself
4. A world class university up there with Ivy League - UNO
I heard that Mike MIller would have attended sdsu instead of Fla. had they been d1 at the time. Probably a lot of the knuckleheads on this board believe that.

luvthosejacks
06-02-2004, 12:25 AM
I like that last one --- UNO being an Ivy League-type set up. And why call Omaha the third-greatest city in the country? Why not the world?

JBNJBQ
06-02-2004, 04:04 AM
3 greatest cities in America
in order
1. New York City
2. San Francisco
3. Omaha - remember the 2nd richest man in the world chooses to live here.

BIG FAKE:

Boy that is all you could come up with to try to sell us on your great city? You must really be proud of Warren.

!. Mr. Buffet was born there, he did not move there. He makes his money preying on idiots like you that can't think for themselves.

2. He still lives in the same $130,000 house he bought years ago. Don't want to be too extravigant!

3. His wife moved to California years ago to get away from the rat hole of a city and her weirdo husband.

4. He treats his kids like business associates.

(source= www.salon.com/people/bc/1999/08/31/buffet/index1.html)

JBNJBQ

bigjake
06-02-2004, 07:11 PM
Hey dude, don't you have anything better to do than post at 504am. Good God - get some rest or should I assume you are unemployed and can stay up until 6am.
You never did mention whether those famous athletes summer in s dakota in their off season. I tend to doubt it.
We need to clean up this board and get some better insights going. This is just an sdsu pep rally with any true insights about the future trials and tribulations just being shot down as ignorance. I am really disappointed with the quality of this board although I will continue to give you "peckerwoods" (even though you aren't in the south you still qualify as one) a chance to do better.
Maybe one day you too can move out of your Huron SD trailer and move to the big time of Omaha, Ne. Remember Warren CHOOSES to live here as does Bob Gibson among others. Greatest city in America if not the world. REMEMBER THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF PEOPLE- THOSE WHO LIVE IN OMAHA AND THOSE WHO WISHED THEY LIVED HERE!!

JBNJBQ
06-03-2004, 04:35 AM
Hey dude, don't you have anything better to do than post at 504am.

Early to bed....Early to rise.....Makes a man:

1. Healthy

2. Wealthy

3. and Wise

You, my pathetic friend are none of the above. I know you don't get up early because nobody orders pizza in the morning.

How much money has your wonderful Warren Buffet contributed to UNO? HAHAHAHA
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

JBNJBQ
06-03-2004, 05:09 AM
BIG JAKE's interests are not just limited to ballet dancing. He is also into competitive swimming. Here he is seen in a swim-off for the title "Mr. Omaha." Unfortunately BIG JAKE lost. He sunk directly to the bottom after diving into the pool. Perhaps it was the 49oz porterhouse you had for lunch? Here is a picture of the event:

http://www.download2me.com/pictures/olympic%20swimmers.htm

Better luck next time! ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Mavericks#1
06-05-2004, 05:52 PM
Way to go South Kentucky, first you have a druncken congressmen running over people and then trying to weasel his way out of it. Then you replace him with a liberal chick???????. You hillbillies never cease to amaze me. I can see the four esteemed presidents on Mount Hillbillymore shaking their heads right now in disbelief.
89rabbitt since you are the moderator now can I still talk about the wife beater OJ Oien or is that off limits. I saw USD is making upgrades to the dome. When are you going to fix up that glorified high school stadium of yours. JBNJBQ, so you found a website that has some funny pictures on it. Am I supposed to be impressed?
Well I am not. Come with some real smack not some pictures that some hillbilly threw on a website. Have fun getting your heads kicked in this year. Are you going to recruit Smarty Jones for the equestrian team now that he has failed in his triple crown attempt. I am off quicker than big Freds temper.

Maverick

SDSUFAN
06-06-2004, 05:07 AM
We have had this childish prather over on Bisonville. Maverick left out the racism charges, but included the hillybilly tirade. Just ignore this crap.

JBNJBQ
06-06-2004, 05:43 AM
JBNJBQ, so you found a website that has some funny pictures on it. Am I supposed to be impressed?
Well I am not. Come with some real smack not some pictures that some hillbilly threw on a website.

It appears that BIG JAKE has a friend?

Here is a question for you. What does Mavericks#1 have three of, that most pople have only one of?

(Hint= he talks out of one of them).

http://www.download2me.com/pictures/big%20belly.htm

Are you and BIG JAKE related? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

bigjake
06-06-2004, 07:57 AM
In a way I can see not increasing your fb scholarships immed. bc you aren't eligible for the playoffs for awhile and so why waste the resources. While that is probably part of the reason for not ramping up scholarships immediately the bigger reason is that you probably don't have the funding in place and that donors haven't stepped up like mrs miller and dr oleander thought they would. Now in the future if I see some real improvements to your fb facility and see you max out your fb scholarships then I will retract what I say. But all we have so far is the promise of increased spending. It looks like sdsu is going d1 "on the cheap". Promises are made to be broken - remember when the bush admin. told us that Iraqi oil was going to pay for the cost of the war. Promises, promises..... You are a recruit for sdsu and you are told you have 38 schollies and you will be competing against teams with 63. I would not like my chances if I were a recruit.
I know this board is just an sdsu fan site where everybody thinks there will be a few hard times followed by success. There is a lot of anger toward me bc I have a realistic assessment of what being new to d1 is going to be like - remember UMKC.
But it is always dangerous to think somehow
"this time it will be different"!! We shall see.

bigjake
06-06-2004, 08:00 AM
By the way no one ever did tell me whether some of those famous sd athletes I identified still live in SD. Heck if SD is so great why does your moderator live in Mission Hills, KS or wherever he lives down there.

jackmd
06-06-2004, 10:04 AM
In a way I can see not increasing your fb scholarships immed. bc you aren't eligible for the playoffs for awhile and so why waste the resources. While that is probably part of the reason for not ramping up scholarships immediately the bigger reason is that you probably don't have the funding in place and that donors haven't stepped up like mrs miller and dr oleander thought they would. Now in the future if I see some real improvements to your fb facility and see you max out your fb scholarships then I will retract what I say. But all we have so far is the promise of increased spending. It looks like sdsu is going d1 "on the cheap". Promises are made to be broken - remember when the bush admin. told us that Iraqi oil was going to pay for the cost of the war. Promises, promises..... You are a recruit for sdsu and you are told you have 38 schollies and you will be competing against teams with 63. I would not like my chances if I were a recruit.
I know this board is just an sdsu fan site where everybody thinks there will be a few hard times followed by success. There is a lot of anger toward me bc I have a realistic assessment of what being new to d1 is going to be like - remember UMKC.
But it is always dangerous to think somehow
"this time it will be different"!! We shall see.

Bigjake,

You really are a major Jackass but you make me laugh and I appreciate that. However, keep your comments and observations on the appropriate level. I hardly think a drunkard on home probation is qualified to make any statements regarding the way SDSU and its administration is handling the move to DI. Your previous adamant attempts at defending Omaha essentially removed any hope of credibility for you.
Stick with the "low-brow" insults and personal attacks that better suit dimwits like yourself and maverick #1. Better get back to your quart of malt liquor and pack of Basic lights, I think Dale Jr. is about to fire up the #8 car.

bigjake
06-06-2004, 10:55 AM
I really appreciate when someone brings up legit. points that it is greeted with ad hominem attacks. Really thought provoking. I have heard you say you are a doctor at the mayo clinic. I will take you for your word and just assume that the extreme heat of scotsdale,az. has gone to your head.

jackmd
06-06-2004, 11:02 AM
I really appreciate when someone brings up legit. points that it is greeted with ad hominem attacks. Really thought provoking. I have heard you say you are a doctor at the mayo clinic. I will take you for your word and just assume that the extreme heat of scotsdale,az. has gone to your head.

This is the smack board, hardly the place for legit comments if you think thats what they are. At least my "attacks" are directed towards you and not someone who doesn't even post on the board. If you continue to direct negative comments towards SDSU, the admin, athletes, alumni or citizens of S.D. then your free game. Lets just keep the comments on the smack board. Bring you (il)legitimate comments to the other sections.

P.S. I'm at Mayo-Rochester, haven't been to Scottsdale for about 13 months.

JBNJBQ
06-06-2004, 06:10 PM
Big Jake and his friend Mavericks #1 have both been spotted at a downtown Omaha nightclub this week end!

The Omaha version of ChipenDales has apparently included the two in their Summer Blockbuster Dance Review "Salute to Cholesterol". The place was pretty much empty, just like UNO's basketball games.

Here is a peak at the pathetic duo:

http://www.funnyfreepics.com/funny-203.php

Face it guys, you don't have it, you never have had it, you will never get it! Maybe you should try square dancing! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

luvthosejacks
06-09-2004, 09:12 AM
I've learned one thing in my casual following of these SDSU boards: Don't disagree with jackmd.

jackmd
06-09-2004, 09:34 AM
I've learned one thing in my casual following of these SDSU boards: Don't disagree with jackmd.

I will defend my opinions and my stance until proven unequivacolly incorrect. Sometimes this facet of my personality has drawn the ire of those whom I interact with. I believe it has served me well. I find that some people from S.D. (not all) tend to prefer a passive-aggresive approach which, quite frankly, I find cowardly.

Not sure if your inferring a similar approach would be preferred in my posts here or that your just making an observation. Based on some of your previous contributions its obvious that your not afraid to make your opinions known. I certainly don't mean to intimidate as this may jeopardize the opportunity for me to experience the opinions of other individuals and further my own knowledge and understanding of certain aspects of life. However, if I disagree or find a statement offensive to myself or certain others I will call you on it.

Finally, as it is with any opinion, each is entitled to his own and to gather as many as he or she wishes. Don't misconstrue criticism or disagreement as an attempt to intimidate. Happy posting, sorry about the soapbox.

luvthosejacks
06-09-2004, 11:34 PM
You're OK, Jackmd. You take yourself a little too seriously in some of your posts, but I'm comfortable knowing that what I think matters not to you or anyone else. I certainly don't interpret your sometimes scolding tone as intimidating or as an attempt to intimidate.

Appropriate of nothing regarding Jackmd, I'd like to say there are name-calling sorts here who post things to try to inspire anger. They use a lot of exclamation points. There are others, less clownish, who try to inspire debate. I think it's sporting to make the distinction. This Mr. Big Jake -- a fiercely intimidating presence, I might add -- is going for both. I've been to the Dubliner many times in his fair city and regard it as one of the finer drinking establishments on the plains. Its presence alone in Omaha lends some credence to his boisterous claims.

bigjake
06-10-2004, 09:21 PM
Looks like a little tension is developing on this board between jackmd and luvthosejacks. Probably similar to the tension in the sdsu athletic development office when all those doors are slamming in their faces as they solicit their big donations. Let's face it the avg family in sd probably makes about 38k a year and there isn't much left over for the Jacks. Any hope of raising enough money to be truly credible in d1 will have to come from somewhere else.
The avg guy in SD probably believes sdsu will not do well in D1 as do most of the faculty there. But the dozen or so people who spend time on this board paint a picture that probably isn't representative of most people in the great state of SD. A very optimistic D1 outlook is portrayed on this site versus either general apathy at best or down right skepticism among most in your state. I will say this though you do have the "Faces" and the Badlands which are pretty neat.

89rabbit
06-11-2004, 05:38 AM
My problem with you Big Jake is that you never back up anything you say with facts. I can't think of one post on our board or the NDSU board that has anything but your crazy rants on it. I usually choose to ignore you but in this case let me help you out.

http://diaafootball.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=sdsuetc;action=display;num=108279869 8

Alum guy wrote:

Sid Bostic gave an update on his fundraising efforts at the SDSU Donor Appreciation Banquet. The event was held, appropriately, in The Barn.

Anyway, Sid said there are now committments for $6.2 million dollars. He believes by the end of the year between $9-$10 will be pledged for the move to DI. . . .

In addition, Sid said there are approximately 20 "asks" on the table for gifts ranging from $500,000 to $2 million dollars.

It's important to share this information so that people know Sid and the athletic department folks are fulfilling their promise.

I know $9 or $10 million may not seem like a lot of money to you foks there in the "Big City" of Omaha (typed with a ton of sarcasm), but it is a great start for our move to D-I. Big Jake, you will be happy to see that SDSU's Mens Basketball team will be playing the UMKC Kangaroos this coming season, being a big supporter of UMKC and all. Come on down we can have a beer before we watch the Jackrabbits take the Roos apart! ;D

Go State! 8)

bigjake
06-11-2004, 06:24 AM
I just may come to that UMKC game against SDSU although I doubt I will introduce myself to you or your other rabid fans. Afraid I might get the crap beat out of me in downtown on 12th and Baltimore after the game by some rabid Jack fan who is pissed about my astute observations after a bitter loss to the Roos. Probably a big crowd expected from SD to see the game then attend some of the many gentlemen's clubs in KC after the game.
. I hope you have a little more athleticism next year against UMKC than you had last year against UNO. You will probably need it.
If 10 million dollars is truly raised as opposed to predicted and put into an endowment it still will be hard pressed to generate more than 500k a year for cap improvements, scholarships, etc. That is assuming a 5 percent return on your money which isn't easy in this low interest rate environment. I highly doubt that your admin will put that money in the stock mkt bc of the risk short term and the fact you need some of that money now. An extra 500k yearly in the budget is nice but not near enough to make you anthing but a very low d1 program.
If that is what you want to play then great but I don't think it is worth the effort.
My point and UNO's point was they couldn't afford to do D1 and do it successfully. 10 million dollars is a lot of money but it still going to put you at the bottom of D1 where the other bottom feeders like UMKC live. My inlaws live in Sioux Falls and I go to KC for my job a lot so I will be able to follow the Jacks the next ten years or so. If I am wrong I will gladly admit but it is way too soon to know despite all the optimism from you 12 rabid fans on this site.

89rabbit
06-11-2004, 06:55 AM
I just may come to that UMKC game against SDSU although I doubt I will introduce myself to you or your other rabid fans. Afraid I might get the crap beat out of me in downtown on 12th and Baltimore after the game by some rabid Jack fan

bigjake,

We Jackrabbit fans have nothing but love and concern for you in our hearts. No need to fear us. ;)

http://www.blackjackinc.com/ProductImages/ihb/shirts/ihb_worriesyelbun_b_ltblue.gif

JBNJBQ
06-18-2004, 02:47 PM
The notorious "BIG JAKE", alias (take your pick).

http://download2me.com/pictures/fat%20ballet.htm

Hey BIG JAKE:

Every poster needs a picture for quick identification on this board. Why don't you use the one I furnished a while back? It's so nice to put a face with the name. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Mavericks#1
06-21-2004, 02:35 AM
I have to give Big Jake some credit. This guy has the stones to go on some other universities fanboard by himself and run smack at the risk of taking all of you by himself. He has stood toe to toe with you guys and never backed down. He has been knocked down a few times, but like a true champion gets back up and keeps swinging. I doubt any of you hillbillies have the nads to do the same. JBNJBQ would just put up his weak pictures that he has spent countless hours googling for and run away and hide.
Big Jake, I've got your back. Don't let them get you down. Much like their AD Big Fred they enjoy taking cheap shots. Keep up the good work Big Jake!!!!

Mavericks#1

P.S. I see that UNO is putting down its new field turf on its football field and USD is making upgrades to the dome. What are you doing to that glorified high school stadium of yours. Come on now, don't let some tiny D2 schools show you up. Get yourself up to D1 standards.

SDSUFAN
06-21-2004, 03:04 AM
I have to give Big Jake some credit. This guy has the stones to go on some other universities fanboard by himself and run smack at the risk of taking all of you by himself. He has stood toe to toe with you guys and never backed down. He has been knocked down a few times, but like a true champion gets back up and keeps swinging. I doubt any of you hillbillies have the nads to do the same. JBNJBQ would just put up his weak pictures that he has spent countless hours googling for and run away and hide.
Big Jake, I've got your back. Don't let them get you down. Much like their AD Big Fred they enjoy taking cheap shots. Keep up the good work Big Jake!!!!

Mavericks#1

P.S. I see that UNO is putting down its new field turf on its football field and USD is making upgrades to the dome. What are you doing to that glorified high school stadium of yours. Come on now, don't let some tiny D2 schools show you up. Get yourself up to D1 standards.

Well its nice that Maverick NO 1 has complimented himself since Big Jake and Maverrick No 1. are one of the same. Nothing like patting yourself on the back.
As far as our high school staduim, we plan to give those who love to solicit dates a place to congregate. We are adding an Elmood Park on the East side of the staduim. Then we will be keeping up with the Jones, namely UNO.

JBNJBQ
06-21-2004, 04:58 AM
I have to give Big Jake some credit. This guy has the stones to go on some other universities fanboard by himself and run smack at the risk of taking all of you by himself. He has stood toe to toe with you guys and never backed down. He has been knocked down a few times, but like a true champion gets back up and keeps swinging.........
.........Big Jake, I've got your back. Don't let them get you down................ Keep up the good work Big Jake!!!!

1. There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity. The only thing that separates the two is whether you pull it off or not. Big Jake has never pulled off anything on this board. He is neither informative nor funny. All he talks about UNO (which I believe is a card game) and Omaha which no one cares about.

2. He can not stand toe to toe with anyone because his huge stomach gets in the way(he must not be married).You have seen his pictures.

3. If he ever did get knocked down he would still be rolling.

4. If you've got his back side that is a huge statement. Kind of like saying I've got the GRAND CANYON!

5. We have just been toying with the poor slob, until some real smack talkers return.

6. He has to go to someones elses smack board because I don't believe many D-II or NAIA schools have boards, do they?

Face it, Mavericks, you two losers will still be looking for a place to go vent your frustrations (at being left behind) for years to come. SDSU and NDSU are moving forward! Get over it!

Have a nice unchallenging life!

JACKGUY
06-21-2004, 07:19 AM
Jake-Look's like you just lost another Quarterback as Chris Kuehl is transferring to Iowa as a walk-on. Pretty pathetic when a player would rather forfeit a scholarship and walk-on than stay at UNO. Brandon Pratt another quarterback left in 2002-2003.

JBNJBQ
06-21-2004, 01:52 PM
Hey BIG JAKE:

Every poster needs a picture for quick identification on this board. Why don't you use the one I furnished a while back? It's so nice to put a face with the name. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Hey I finally located a recent picture of Mavericks#1. You are free to use it on this board to identify yourself Mavericks. As I stated before it is nice to put a face with the name.

http://www.weaselcircus.com/funnypics/284.shtml

Nice glasses Mavericks! Were you trying to whistle in this picture? The stuff that comes out of that boy's mouth! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Mavericks#1
06-21-2004, 04:28 PM
JBNJBQ,

How old are you? That is elementary school humor. OK you have proved that you know how to use Google to look for funny pictures. Show some creativity and come up with your own smack. A picture every once in awhile might be funny, but every time??? Hell even 89 Rabbitt for being a stat geek (by the way congrats on the kid) comes up with some creative smack once in awhile. Notice that I don't post very often. This is because I wait until I have something creative to add to the smack board. Not the same old tired stuff over and over again. Like when your backwards state elected a liberal chick to replace a drunk. That is something funny and unique to talk about. Your university adding an equestrian team. I beat that up for awhile. I come to this smack board to be entertained. Please make it worth my while. Your university has taken its athletic program to a new level. For gods sake, I beg of you ,take your smack level up along with it. When I see something that is funny, I will give credit where credit is due. Your smack level right now is NAIA at best.

Mavericks#1

DIAAaustie1212
06-21-2004, 06:02 PM
If we're talking about original thought, let's think long and hard about dogging State for adding a women's sport with the potential for more than 40 scholarships. Want a quick way to make sure you are in Title IX compliance while still maxing out football scholarships...sounds like equestrian is the way to go. Plus, State is an Ag school, and start up resources will likely meet less resistance. And, lets not forget that less than 50 D-I schools compete, so, State can ride with the top programs right away.

bigjake
06-21-2004, 07:37 PM
Equestrian is one of those sports that people (other than parents of players) just don't care about. You can have walls with banners looking like the boston garden but if they aren't of basketball or fb they really don't mean much to most fans.
The big sport up there is men's basketball and I thinkthat scott nagy is a very good coach. But he never took a team to the elite 8 and he had far more resources than both ray harper (kentucky wesleyan) and dunlap at metro st who have been there numberous times. But right now mr nagy is probably thinking about the kind of people he is probably going to have to take to compete at a successful d1 level. I doubt seriously he will be getting boy scout types up there that can compete successfully in d1. Heck the Huskers have a heck of time competing at a decent D1 level recently and their athletic budget is 65 million (i think).
But people who speak the truth will always be ridiculed by the "flat earth" types. But the truth is that the majority of people that go to games at sdsu are quite nervous about this move unlike all the propoganda that comes from the 12 fanatics that do 90 percent of all the posts on this site. It doesn't matter to people at UNO if we play in the NCC or the MIAA but it does matter if we live within the fiscal restraints of our budget. Watch out SD taxpayers - Dr Oleander and Mrs Miller will be coming after your money!!

JBNJBQ
06-21-2004, 08:02 PM
JBNJBQ,

.........I don't post very often. This is because I wait until I have something creative to add to the smack board. Not the same old tired stuff over and over again..........I come to this smack board to be entertained. Please make it worth my while. Your university has taken its athletic program to a new level...... Your smack level right now is NAIA at best.

Mavericks#1
Mavericks:
I thought the picture caught your best side! Sorry if you thought differently. I would suggest some mouth wash though if you're going to talk so much.

You are right you do not post very much 18 in all. I re-read them. There is absolutely nothing creative in any of them. They are not funny, they are not informative. Why do you bother?

This board is an SDSU board not a UNO board. It is for our entertainment, not yours! Please go away if you can't bring something to table.

You are right about one thing, SDSU has taken it's programs to a new level. The truth always wins out!

By the way there is no smack at the NAIA level or D-II level because it is very rare to have a talk board at those levels. I suppose that is why you are here.

Face it Mavericks#1 you are an almost useless man. There is only one job I can think of that you might qualify for:

http://www.download2me.com/pictures/useless%20men.htm

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

JBNJBQ
06-21-2004, 08:15 PM
Equestrian is one of those sports that people (other than parents of players) just don't care about. You can have walls with banners looking like the boston garden but if they aren't of basketball or fb they really don't mean much to most fans.

I suggested on an earlier post that you should drop womens basketball in favor of an equestrian team at UNO. You would improve your attendance. And more women would be involved.

Did they win a game last year?

No banners to hang? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Mavericks#1
06-21-2004, 09:44 PM
JBNJBQ,

Your wrong, we do have banners to hang. Remember that mens basketball team that beat your hallowed team twice and broke your home win streak. Thats what I will remember when I look at that banner that says conference champion. Oh yeah, how could I forget that 40 spot that Metro hung on you in regionals.
And why do you people keep saying this is your board. Right at the top it reads D1AA Football Board. The website is D1AAfootball.com. By the way speaking of football, there is a article on D2football.com that talks about how close UNO was to dropping its football program in 1996. Over the last ten years UNO has beaten SDSU seven times and won conference championships. Please explain to me how your football team is going to be successful at D1AA when you can't beat at D2 team that almost dropped its progam????
By the way this D2 program is upgrading its stadium while your future D1 stadium continues to be an eyesore. Please don't give me the Massey Ratings. If I see those one more time I will puke. Give me logical reasons why your football program will improve. I will use the last tens unproductive years at D2 as my first reason why you will get whipped at D1AA.

JBNJBQ
06-22-2004, 04:54 AM
JBNJBQ,

Your wrong, we do have banners to hang. Remember that mens basketball team that beat your hallowed team twice and broke your home win streak.

Mavericks#1:

You have proven yourself to be an IDIOT! Not just once or twice but habitually on this board. Here is an example:

1. You keep bringing up equestrian, which is a women's sport, but when you are questioned about UNO's pathetic womens teams, you switch to the men.

Are you one of those cross dressing types? Can't distinguish the difference? Don't know whether you want to talk about women or men?

2. D-I attracts better talent. SDSU will have more scholarships to offer the better athletes. I would be concerned if my school seriously considered dropping a sport like football. They were/are trying to deal with title IX issues. Small minded institutions sacrifice programs in favor of upgrading facilities. Facilities do not attract fans, great teams do.

3. You believe you can tell the future? Mental wards are filled with people like you. That is probably where you are writing from. Been hiding your meds haven't you?

4. The Massey Ratings are statistical evaluations of teams without prejudice. They say all our teams will do very well reguardless of which conference we wind up in. Where is UNO's womens basketball team rated? I went and looked it up for you........551. There are 106 D-III and NAIA schools ranked ahead of UNO! No wonder the Massey Ratings make you want to puke!hahahahahahaha ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

bigjake
06-22-2004, 07:23 AM
By the way the best board to be on is d2football.com which I am on a lot. Lots of good info and opinion without all the hyperbole of this site.
It is a pipe dream that you get into the Big Sky - they turned you down once without even a vote. Now you are begging again. The mid continent still might be a possibility. You may get into that conference in the future - who knows. But most of that conference seems to be more urban so neither ndsu/sdsu really fit the profile. Really if I was the mid continent I would look at your schools and be impressed with a lot of things. But I would not take teams in a provisional status into my league. I would make you wait 5 or 10 teams to see how you are going to progress in d1 before I would consider you. 5 to 10 years as an independent. Very expensive process. Several of those schools that are independent in Texas seem to match their league profile better than you do.
I have relatives in Sioux Falls so I will come to brookings for a few games in the future but just can't see you lucking into a league right away. If I am wrong I will get on this board again and say so.
But I won't call anybody who disagrees with me an idiot anymore than I will call my son an idiot if he does something I don't agree with. Rather confrontational and silly.

Mavericks#1
06-22-2004, 07:35 AM
JBNJBQ,

OK, you want to talk about womens sports. Look at the NCC all sport standings for the last two years. This year we finished second six points behind UND. Where was SDSU??? Way down the line. The year before we won the NCC all sports trophy. Again SDSU way toward the back of the pack. I ask you now whose womens teams have had more success over the last two years. Yes our womens basketball team sucks. I will be the first too admit that . We hired a new coach to help turn that around. If you look at the all time series in womens basketball your will see that we are ahead. Don't forget it was a nebraska kid that banked in a shot to help you win your national championship two years ago. Please quit avoiding my original question. Why will your football team be any better at D1AA than it was at D2 which it sucked at? I know that you will have more scholarships Captain Obvious. As far as better facilities go, if you think recruits don't look at them you are fooling yourself. If you don't get good recruits your product on the field will suck. Ask Nebraska about that. Look at the fargodome compared to your dump. Where would you rather play four years at? Again, I will close by asking, Why is your football team going to be successful at D1AA when it sucked at D2. Please don't use the Massey ratings. Give me a logical reasons or just admit that you suck which would be easier.

SDSUFAN
06-22-2004, 07:52 AM
If we get our equivalent to Elmood Park, some of the fine folks from Omaha and can come here and get their dates without fear of arrest and embarrassment that they will face if they stay in Omaha.

PS Big Jake and Maverick 1, do you guys hang out at Elmwood Park, a lot? I would think so since you love UNO so much. Is it possible to separate, great athletic events at Caniglia from those wonderful dates in the park?

JACKGUY
06-22-2004, 08:12 AM
Mav- I will tell you why SDSU will be successfull at the DIAA and it's because your fellow Nebraskans like:

Adrian Headen-Omaha Northwest
Greg Peitz-Crofton
Dan Jackson-Omaha Burke
Jason Cannot-Spencer
Luke Witte-Long Pine
Josh Davis-Omaha Burke
Andy Pick-Norfolk
Ruey Dei-Omaha Burke
Nick Flesner-Pierce
Issac Hoesing-Clearwater
Tim Neneman-Omaha North
Josh Schulte-Norfolk

will continue to flock to Brookings where they will have a chance to play a much better level competition than they would have experienced at UNO. Obviously these kids see something special developing at SDSU that goes far beyond the bricks and morter. I think as UNL continues to scale down their walkon program SDSU will play a prominent role for a number of Nebraska kids that are looking for a good school in a clean and safe enviroment. Couglin will be renovated in time. I have no jealousy for the Fargo Dome as Coughlin while without the fancy amenities has as good a pure football atmosphere as anywhere. Go worry about your pathetic program and we will take care of our own bright future which thankfully does not include schools like UNO.

JBNJBQ
06-22-2004, 10:09 AM
Yes our womens basketball team sucks. I will be the first too admit that . We hired a new coach to help turn that around..........Don't forget it was a nebraska kid that banked in a shot to help you win your national championship two years ago.

Mavericks#1:

Your true colors really came out with a little gentile prodding! You are not a true fan at all! At least not of women's sports. You are one of those male chauvanist pigs I heard about.

A true fan would never say their team sucks! no matter what their record was in a given year. How do you think that makes the players on that team feel? A true fan loves their teams and coaches win or lose! Great fans at UNO!

No one at SDSU will ever forget Stacie Cizek! She will always be a hero at SDSU. She just "happened" to be from Omaha. She "chose" to attend and play for SDSU even though it was 3 hrs. from her home. She chose wisely! Two conference co-titles, three regional championships, one national D-II championship is a pretty good payoff.

No doubt SDSU will be getting "all" of the best players from Omaha in the future as well. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Mavericks#1
06-22-2004, 01:48 PM
Jackguy,

You will have to battle Craig Bohl for those Nebraska kids. Has some good connections from husker days. Got two kids last year. They have tradition and facilities on their side and you have the closer drive on your side. Tim Nenenman (sp) kid out of Omaha North could be a steal. Sister was one of the best basketball players I have ever seen out of Omaha. She starred at Creighton and played like a guy. He was a tackling machine at North. Later

Mavericks#1

SuperBunnie
06-22-2004, 02:40 PM
You can offer more scholarships at D1AA but the school still needs the ability to fund those scholarships. I know for a fact we are not fully funding our football team at the D1AA level, not even close. NOT GOOD.

Mavericks#1
06-22-2004, 03:21 PM
Finally a jackrabbitt fan that is a realist. It is refreshing that someone doesn't look at jackrabbitt athletics through rose colored glasses. There is always two sides to coin. UNO football program was close to extinction. I do think jackrabbit athletics will be fine in the future. But you are fooling yourself if you think that there won't be a few bumps in the road

89rabbit
06-22-2004, 05:01 PM
You can offer more scholarships at D1AA but the school still needs the ability to fund those scholarships. I know for a fact we are not fully funding our football team at the D1AA level, not even close. NOT GOOD.

Well of course not SuperBunnie, the Mighty Bison are not fully funding their football program this year. The plan at SDSU has always been to be fully funded by the time we are playoff eligible in '08 with fully endowed scholarships.

Alumguy wrote:

"Sid Bostic gave an update on his fundraising efforts at the SDSU Donor Appreciation Banquet. The event was held, appropriately, in The Barn.

Anyway, Sid said there are now committments for $6.2 million dollars. He believes by the end of the year between $9-$10 will be pledged for the move to DI. . . .

In addition, Sid said there are approximately 20 "asks" on the table for gifts ranging from $500,000 to $2 million dollars.

It's important to share this information so that people know Sid and the athletic department folks are fulfilling their promise."

http://diaafootball.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=sdsuetc;action=display;num=108279869 8

Sid's goal is $20 million (by '08-'09) to help endow those scholarships. He believes he will be almost half way there by the end of this year. That is a good effort. We are not going to get there over night, unless you have $10 million to pledge SuperBunnie (If so you can surpass Mildred Stoker White who gave $2.75 million eariler this year). If not you will need to be patient like the rest of us. We will get there.

Go State! ;D

JBNJBQ
06-23-2004, 04:27 AM
Finally a jackrabbitt fan that is a realist. It is refreshing that someone doesn't look at jackrabbitt athletics through rose colored glasses. There is always two sides to coin. UNO football program was close to extinction. I do think jackrabbit athletics will be fine in the future. But you are fooling yourself if you think that there won't be a few bumps in the road

Once again you show yourself to be an IDIOT! If you had bothered to read previous posts on this board you would know that most people feel that patience will be needed in the transition years for most sports. Use the search button above to research things before you put your foot in your mouth. Thanks.

By the way, there are three sides to every coin. Count them! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

JBNJBQ
05-28-2005, 05:36 AM
JBNJBQ, so you found a website that has some funny pictures on it. Am I supposed to be impressed?
Well I am not. Come with some real smack not some pictures that some hillbilly threw on a website.

Maverick

Looks like you've changed your mind about pictures. Looks like I have another convert! Grasshopper! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ