sdsu/ndsu mentioned during the regional broadcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sdsu/ndsu mentioned during the regional broadcast

Well you people have now enjoyed your proverbial "15 minutes of fame" in Nebraska.  I was watching the Huskers win our regional against CU and our two announcers were discussing the CU pitcher (Mancuso) and how well he was doing but that he really doesn't have a history of winning too many games, etc.  Then both Kevin Kugler and Adrian Fiala chimed in saying he did win 2 games against d1 sdsu and ndsu but then they quickly clarified that the jackrabbits and the bison were not exactly on par with CU and NC State. You got mildly insulted by our 2 anouncers which was pretty funny.  But then maybe bad pub. is better than no pub. at all.  

Oh yeah - congrats to Mav 1 for becoming a junior. NIce accomplishment!! You bring excellence in smack to this site and you need to be commended for it.

Re: sdsu/ndsu mentioned during the regional broadc

Originally posted by bigjake
    Well you people have now enjoyed your proverbial "15 minutes of fame" in Nebraska.  I was watching the Huskers win our regional against CU and our two announcers were discussing the CU pitcher (Mancuso) and how well he was doing but that he really doesn't have a history of winning too many games, etc.  Then both Kevin Kugler and Adrian Fiala chimed in saying he did win 2 games against d1 sdsu and ndsu but then they quickly clarified that the jackrabbits and the bison were not exactly on par with CU and NC State. You got mildly insulted by our 2 anouncers which was pretty funny.  But then maybe bad pub. is better than no pub. at all.  

Oh yeah - congrats to Mav 1 for becoming a junior.  NIce accomplishment!!  You bring excellence in smack to this site and you need to be commended for it.

Big Jake,

Thanks for the kudos bro.   Don't you also think JBNJBQ should be commended for his knee slapping humor. His cartoons that nobody ever reads or replies to are just over the top. Without him this board wouldn't be the same : : : :.
           SDSU is very well respected on this board. The diehards on here hold SDSU in high esteem. They just fail to see that no one else does and the only reason that they got mentioned is to give the sixth string pitcher from Creighton some props. Oh well who am I to take them out of their dreamworld.

Mavs#1

Comment

Comment

from GoCreighton.com

2005 Creighton Baseball
        Overall Statistics for Creighton (as of Jun 06, 2005)

Player ERA W-L APP GS CG SHO/CBO SV IP H R ER BB SO

14 Mancuso,Ben...... 6.03 1-1 21 3 0 0/2 0 31.1 44 27 21 19 21

It looks to me Mancuso only won 1 game not 2. Either the Nebraska announcers are idiots and can't read a stat sheet or you made up this story.

I would think a program such as Nebraska would have intelligent people announcing their games. But who knows what the level of intelligence is in the state of Nebraska. This leads me to believe you fabricated this story just so you would be able to post some smack. How pathetic is that, get a life.

Comment

I guess our anouncers got their facts wrong in terms of mancuso but they didn't get their central point wrong and that is that ndsu/sdsu are rather weak in baseball. If you think I am making this up please call kevin kugler on his daily radio show on ESPN 1620 in OMaha from 3-6pm M-F. He will give you his opinion on SDSU and he will confirm that he said what I said he said. They have open line every day from 530-6pm. Their number is
          877- 951 1620. Call him if you don't believe me.
          By the way Kugler does lots of work for the Huskers and has been the NE sports broadcaster of the year the last 2 years and he is top notch.

Comment

You got mildly insulted by our 2 anouncers which was pretty funny.  
            If you're going to write something degrading about our university at least make it coherent.  Who was mildly insulted by the 2 announcers?  Someone sitting next to you?  The voices in your head when you were listening to the broadcast?  Or are you just assuming we were insulted while you were listening to a regional broadcast that did not carry to most of SD?  As far as I'm aware, no one besides you ever brought up the ramblings of your "top notch" nebraska announcers, thus none of us expressed any insult by what they said.  

By the way, it's good to see you've finally taken up residence with your lips firmly planted on Mavs #1's arse.  Your choice of an abode fits you.  I just hope he doesn't get jealous with all of your gushing about your 2 time regional announcer of the year.
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

By the way Kugler does lots of work for the Huskers and has been the NE sports broadcaster of the year the last 2 years and he is top notch.

2 time broadcaster of the year who clearly got his facts wrong about three of the more prominent universities in his region. Nice work buddy, you must have some tough competition for those awards in Nebraska. :
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Why would I put forth the effort and waste my time by talking to a couple of clowns in Nebraska? With this being our first year in DI, what would that say about the Husker program if we were on par with them? With the wonderful performance of the mighty Husker football program the last few years, I'm sure the announcers would take every opportunity to belittle another school. You need to give the fans something to cheer about and make them happy.

Comment

Kubler has done UNO games too, so he really is not that much of a cat's meow. No doubt that is why Big Jake and Mav No1 swear by Kubler.  Kubler is hardly Lyle Breshmer, who was the real Husker announcer legend in the 1970's and 1980's. Kubler is not even Ken Kvalka. Real good at D2, doing UNO that is for sure and that is why he took a swipe at NDSU and SDSU. Kubler I recall once commented that SDSU and NDSU were crazy for looking at D1 and busting up the NCC. Now this should put Kubler's comments in context.

Comment

How is it an insult, even a mild one, for someone to claim that NDSU and SDSU aren't as good as established programs such as CU and NC State? It's a pretty pathetic attempt at talking smack. Who expected either school to be as good in their first year in D-I as established teams?

Comment

they quickly clarified that the jackrabbits and the bison were not exactly on par with CU and NC State.
                      Wow. Thank you for pointing out such a brilliant observation. Never mind that the same could be made for 3/4 of the schedule CU played this year. While we do truely appreciate you clarifying and reminding us just what an idiot you reallly are, big (dumbarse) jake, based on (what I'm sure you think is a genius observation), Kugler could have made the same statement about most of the teams CU played this year. He basically lumped SDSU and NDSU with perennial powerhouse programs the likes of Wichita State, Arizona, Stanford, Oklahoma, LSU and Long Beach St., none of which were "on par with CU", based on the fact that they didn't advance as far in the field of 64.

You know what they say about warning-track power?
                      Not a g*ddamn thing. Which is exactly what they say about uno.
                      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne

Wow.  Thank you for pointing out such a brilliant observation.  Never mind that the same could be made for 3/4 of the schedule CU played this year.  While we do truely appreciate you clarifying and reminding us just what an idiot you reallly are, big (dumbarse) jake,  based on (what I'm sure you think is a genius observation), Kugler could have made the same statement about most of the teams CU played this year.  He basically lumped SDSU and NDSU with perennial powerhouse programs the likes of Wichita State, Arizona, Stanford, Oklahoma, LSU and Long Beach St., none of which were "on par with CU", based on the fact that they didn't advance as far in the field of 64.

You know what they say about warning-track power?  
                        Not a g*ddamn thing.  Which is exactly what they say about uno.

You Rabbitt fans hear one negative comment about your university or athletic program and your panties get all wadded up in your crack. Your the ones that chose to go D1 which leaves you open for cheap shots. If you want respect you have to earn it, otherwise your move will be questioned. We all know its your first year and will give you a pass this year. Just don't use other excuses if you continue to struggle in the future. When UNO was bad I was the first to admit it. Now that we are kicking arse, I have earned the right to revel in it. Have you ever noticed that no other D1 schools come and talk smack with you...my guess is that they don't respect you. As for me, I just enjoy watching you try and justify the move when I know deep down some of you are still questioning it.

Mavs#1

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1

You Rabbitt fans hear one negative comment about your university or athletic program and your panties get all wadded up in your crack.  Your the ones that chose to go D1 which leaves you open for cheap shots. If you want respect you have to earn it, otherwise your move will be questioned. We all know its your first year and will give you a pass this year. Just don't use other excuses if you continue to struggle in the future. When UNO was bad I was the first to admit it. Now that we are kicking arse, I have earned the right to revel in it. Have you ever noticed that no other D1 schools come and talk smack with you...my guess is that they don't respect you. As for me, I just enjoy watching you try and justify the move when I know deep down some of you are still questioning it.

Mavs#1
                          Mav
                          1) I think the point of most Rabbit fans are just not seeing the insult that Big Jake is ranting about.
                          2) Yes, it is our first year and I think we would say it went pretty well.  With the exception of mens bball.
                          3) We really don't give a s h i t about UNO now nor did anyone really give a s h i t back when you were bad.  Go ahead, toot your own horn.  But why do it on the Jackrabbit fan board?  D2 football.com would be a much better place, don't you think?  Or maybe people still respect you over there so you don't want to   p i s s them off?
                          4) Most people don't talk smack unless there's a fortcoming game or a storied rivalry.  None of which we share with UNO.  And, it's the off-season, not much smack anywhere except for what you and jake blow.
                          5) As for you?  Well, nobody really cares about you.

**A note to 89, I've never wanted mav and bigjake to suffer the consequences of a permanent ban, but at this point, I'd surely vote for it.  Their posts are childish, antogonistic, and tiresome.  It's time for them to go.

Is there any way we can set up a poll and let the members decide?

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm

Mav
                            1) I think the point of most Rabbit fans are just not seeing the insult that Big Jake is ranting about.
                            2) Yes, it is our first year and I think we would say it went pretty well.  With the exception of mens bball.
                            3) We really don't give a s h i t about UNO now nor did anyone really give a s h i t back when you were bad.  Go ahead, toot your own horn.  But why do it on the Jackrabbit fan board?  D2 football.com would be a much better place, don't you think?  Or maybe people still respect you over there so you don't want to   p i s s them off?
                            4) Most people don't talk smack unless there's a fortcoming game or a storied rivalry.  None of which we share with UNO.  And, it's the off-season, not much smack anywhere except for what you and jake blow.
                            5) As for you?  Well, nobody really cares about you.

**A note to 89, I've never wanted mav and bigjake to suffer the consequences of a permanent ban, but at this point, I'd surely vote for it.  Their posts are childish, antogonistic, and tiresome.  It's time for them to go.

Is there any way we can set up a poll and let the members decide?

Lighten Up Verm?? Are you still upset about getting you rabbitt hitch pounded out. Hell, I will buy you a new one if it makes you feel better. 89 has asked you to ignore us but you continue to respond anyway. If you are watching a TV show that you don't like do you sit there and watch it anyway?? No you change the channel. Are you catching my drift? 89 has given you a solution to your problem. Instead you want to start a Gallup poll.

Mavs#1

Comment

Hey, the fact we were mentioned at all is a step up!  I hope we can keep these teams on the schedule.  They are very good at baseball.

Comment

Working...
                              X