New Talent??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Talent??

Are there any freshman or redshirt freshman who are gonna come in and make an immediate impact?

This site lists http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default...AGN3975504.htm

Jordan Paula as our best newcomer.

Also, is there a reason why we aren't getting any transfers from other programs. I noticed other Great West schools were getting transfers from some big D1 programs.

Re: New Talent??

Originally posted by mitchell
    Also, is there a reason why we aren't getting any transfers from other programs. I noticed other Great West schools were getting transfers from some big D1 programs.
    With our proximity problems, I would imagine we're relatively unknown by athletes seeking a transfer from D1 school. That being said, winning cures everything. If we keep winning and start making a name for ourselves, we'll start attracting more of the Nebraska, Minn, etc. transfers looking for a fresh start. The transfers are usually looking for 2 things when transferring down a level. First and foremost: playing time. At a not-to-distant second would be a winning program.

We need to get our football program to the level in the public opinion where an 8-3 record is an expected result each season, much like our neighbors to the north. Then, we'll start getting more transfers, better recruits, more scholarship donations, nicer shoes, the best mouthguards money can buy, cushioned benches on the sidelines, heaters, a dance squad to go along with our cheerleaders...the sky is the limit.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

A couple of true freshman may have there shirts pulled along the DL. We have been hit with a couple of injuries and a couple of guys who have decided to leave the team. Our depth there is a little thin......The guys are getting ready to be done with fall camp and start the season, They will be ready.....

Go Jacks !!!!!!
      http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Any word who left the team. Has anyone heard how the 3 freshman from Arizona are performing.

Comment

2 DL left shortly after spring ball, Chet Delbridge and Travis Aherns, both had injuries that hindered them. Both were excellent lineman and there experience wiil be missed. Ryan Schlieman (DL) left during the first week of camp. True freshman Hank Goff (DE) is doing well

Go Jacks !!!!!!
          http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Not surprised Goff is doing well. He was a force in Minnetonka's win in the championship game.

Comment

Funny, how the defenition of new talent changes as you get older!

Comment

I read in the Argus preview this morning that Willie Jones is also out indefinantly with an injury. This makes us even thinner on the DL. Anyone know how long or what his injury is?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell

I noticed other Great West schools were getting transfers from some big D1 programs.
                  Yep, you bunnies have some catching up to do in regards to getting some transfers. Out of our 10 new transfers, 5 of the come from d1a programs. Solid programs. We have a Qb from Mississippi State, an O-lineman from Colorado State, a fullback from Wyoming, a LB from Boise State, a Wide out from U of Nebraska. The rest of the transfers come from the Juco and CC. ;D ;D ;D

Comment

That is what you do when you are trying to rebuild after a disastrous 2-9 season, you look for the quick fix.  If I were Coach Dalton, I would be looking for short cuts to respectability too.  If I were a UNC fan I sure as heck wouldn't be bragging about it.  :

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                      That is what you do when you are trying to rebuild after a disastrous 2-9 season, you look for the quick fix.  If I were Coach Dalton, I would be looking for short cuts to respectability too.  If I were a UNC fan I sure as heck wouldn't be bragging about it.  :

Go State!  ;D
                      I won't hijack this thread and make it smack. However, 89Rabbit, letting players on our squad who didn't quit fit in on the 1a level isn't looking for short cuts. These players want to come be part of the Bears and we aren't going to turn them down. We have some holes to plug and why not plug them with experienced talent?

Comment

Originally posted by uncbearsfan
                        We have some holes to plug and why not plug them with experienced talent?  
                        Because you can't plug them with home-grown talent.
                        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Nothing wrong with JUCO kids or transfer students, every program uses them. As a matter of fact I am a big fan of both James Epps and Mike James a couple of guys we got from Ft. Scott CC before last season. However, having to add 10 in one season does not show that your program is "ahead" of anyone. In fact coupled with your record in 2004 it show the opposite. It's kind of like taking four cards in a game of 5 card draw.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                             In fact coupled with your record in 2004 it show the opposite.    It's kind of like taking four cards in a game of 5 card draw.

Go State!  ;D
                            Why do you keep dwelling on our past record? Seriously, in every post you keep coming back to it. You're the only one that keeps doing this. The last I looked at our current standings every team in the conference is 0-0.

Comment

Originally posted by uncbearsfan

Yep, you bunnies have some catching up to do in regards to getting some transfers. Out of our 10 new transfers, 5 of the come from d1a programs. Solid programs. We have a Qb from Mississippi State, an O-lineman from Colorado State, a fullback from Wyoming, a LB from Boise State, a Wide out from U of Nebraska. The rest of the transfers come from the Juco and CC. ;D ;D ;D
                              If you don't want to turn this thread into a Smack thread, starting a post with "Yep, you bunnies have some catching up to do" is probably not the best way to go about it.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X