No announcement yet.

You did better than Youngstown State??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You did better than Youngstown State??

Hey look at the bright side you didn't give up eight goals like Youngstown State did.

BROOKINGS, S.D. – Freshman Lindsay Vaught had two goals and two assists to lead Creighton’s women’s soccer team to a 5-1 victory over South Dakota State Sunday afternoon in Brookings, S.D. Vaught’s six point output is the highest single-game total since Lulu Quigley’s six point game against Belmont in 2001.

Junior Katie Brennan put the Jays (1-1) on the board in the 11th minute when she scored on a Sam Russell pass to put CU up 1-0.

Sophomore Kristine Willrett scored Creighton’s second goal from five yards out in the 38th minute off a feed from Vaught.

The Jackrabbits (1-1) got their only goal of the match with 1:53 remaining in the first half when Chelsea Goosen’s shot found its way past Creighton goalkeeper Valerie Zimmerer, who also recorded five saves on the afternoon for the Bluejays.

Vaught began her five-point second half in the 74th minute when she emerged from a scramble after a throw-in with the ball and scored an unassisted goal.

The Olathe, Kan., native scored her second goal seven minutes later off an assist from Willrett, who was returning the favor from the first half.

Three Bluejay freshman hooked up for the game’s final goal in the 84th minute when Vaught and Marcy Gans assisted Nicole DeLue’s first career goal.

Creighton outshot SDSU 26-13, including a 10-6 advantage on goal. The team’s five goals are the most since scoring eight on Youngstown State on Sept. 17, 2004.

The Bluejays are back in action on Wednesday when they travel to Western Illinois for a 3 p.m. contest. The Jays defeated WIU 4-0 last season in Omaha.

Re: You did better than Youngstown State??

Mav#D2,

Wow you really have proven your point now. Just because our women's soccer team lost 1 game, I totally am convinced that you are right. After this 1 loss I now see that SDSU's move to D1 was a bad idea. Thank you for opening my eyes.

Ahahahahahahaha! What a looser...........

:-*

bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, etc.

Comment

Mavs 1,

Please fill up the tires on your double-wide and tow it down to New Orleans.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

MavD2, You have to admit that the jacks have really struggled in the past few years with omaha teams. No arguing that point.
        But while some of their teams are really struggling this site does offer some valuable insights. For example the UNO soccer team lost an exhibition game recently against naia college of st mary which was horrible. This site is a great site to come to in order to learn how to accept such terrible disappointment. Remember they have had a lot of practice with tough defeats - especially with college of st mary.

Comment

This whole thread is classic trolling.  Please don't feed the D-II trolls.

What is a internet Troll?

Click on this link below and find out.  The site provides a great definition of what one is and how best to deal with a troll once you come across one:

http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm#WIAT

Is that downtown Omaha?  I wonder which one is Jake?

Go State!  ;D

Comment

89, you could just ban them and be done with it. On the other hand, every royal court needs a Fool or two...

From Wikipedia:

The court jester was often summoned to try to lift the monarch out of an angry or melancholic mood. Medieval medicine considered human health to be largely governed by The four humours: Sanguine, meaning an increased amount of blood in the system, Melancholia, an increased amount of black bile, Choleric, an increased amount of yellow bile and Phlegmatic, meaning an increased amount of phlegm. The balance or imbalance of the humours was believed to produce four distinct emotional states which could be rebalanced either by the doctor's craft (which, in those days, was largely alchemy-based) or by the court entertainers, including the fool or jester. Although these alchemical theories of human mind-body-spirit relationship fell into disrepute after the Renaissance, these ideas have been reexamined in more recent times by psychologist Carl Jung, and the idea that laughter aids recovery given more credence. In the United States, the Gesundheit! Institute established by Patch Adams attempts to make good use of clowning and laughter as medicine.

A jester could have a more political role as well. He could say some dangerous truth disguised as a joke or even criticize the ruler in subtle ways. Many legends and anecdotes portray fools as informal, cunning advisors. The expression "fool's license" is said to come from this custom.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

;D ;D ;DHey SDSU Soccer team is better than Youngstown and better than UNI, we kicked UNI's Arse. Bring on UNO for practice. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                This whole thread is classic trolling.  Please don't feed the D-II trolls.

What is a internet Troll?

Click on this link below and find out.  The site provides a great definition of what one is and how best to deal with a troll once you come across one:

http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm#WIAT

Is that downtown Omaha?  I wonder which one is Jake?

Go State!  ;D

I wouldn't insult trolls by saying that Jake and Mav#D2 belong in their group. Those trolls are simply too good looking to be either one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN
                  ;D ;D ;DHey SDSU Soccer team is better than Youngstown and better than UNI, we kicked UNI's Arse. Bring on UNO for practice. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You call 2-1 kicking their arse? NDSU beat them today 5-0. Anytime you want to take on UNO bring it on. I hope you haven't forgot that we beat you last year in your own backyard. Way to struggle against a D3 school at home. While we are playing in front of close to 10,000 fans in a top ten battle, which we won. You are struggling against a D3 school in front of 5,000 ? ? ? Guess when you haven't won a championship since 1863 thats what happens. Maybe you can get 5,100 for Mo Rolla? We had a bunch of high schol games in Omaha that drew much more than that. Maybe the fact that they play in a stadium nicer than yours had something to do with that. When does that equestrian season start? The suspense is more than I can take. Hi-Ho Silver Away!!!

Mavs #1

Comment

Hey Mavs#dII, who's the guy in the cowboy hat talking to you? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1

You call 2-1 kicking their arse? NDSU beat them today 5-0. Anytime you want to take on UNO bring it on. I hope you haven't forgot that we beat you last year in your own backyard. Way to struggle against a D3 school at home. While we are playing in front of close to 10,000 fans in a top ten battle, which we won. You are struggling against a D3 school in front of 5,000 ? ? ?  Guess when you haven't won a championship since 1863 thats what happens. Maybe you can get 5,100 for Mo Rolla?  We had a bunch of high schol games in Omaha that drew much more than that. Maybe the fact that they play in a stadium nicer than yours had something to do with that. When does that equestrian season start? The suspense is more than I can take. Hi-Ho Silver Away!!!

Mavs #1
                      Mav since you are so tight with the UNO AD why not get the game going.  ALSO according to D2 and Omaha paper the crowd at UNONWMSU was 9700 so it could be only 8500 for all we know. Who made the offical count?
                      Also the crowd at SDSU was 5743. Most of the Omaha folks could care less about that dump that exists at Dodge and 72 street.  Also factor in the NWMSU crowd and you have maybe 4000 from omaha. LaCrosse had maybe 500 fans so SDSU had 5200 which is greater than 4000, the actual Omaha crowd.

Equestrian starts this fall. To repeat JBNJBQ question" Who is that guy in the hat talking to you?  We want to know. ??? ???

Comment

We want to know.

What I want to know is how you let a D3 team throw for 340 yards and control the the Time of possesion. (31 to 29) on you. Looks like another average year for the rabbitts. But that what you guys have come to expect so I am sure you are used to it.

Mavs #1

Comment

When the North Central Conference lost perennial powers Northern Colorado and North Dakota State to Division I a couple of years ago, the nay Sayers were complaining that the league would never be the same.  

They were right-- the NCC might be even stronger now.  

Last week NCC teams went 7-0 in non-conference play with a pair of very impressive wins by Nebraska-Omaha (28-23 over a Top 5 Northwest Missouri State team) and North Dakota (41-7 over national semifinalist West Chester). The conference will have to prove its mettle again this week as four of the seven teams face stiff competition on the road.  

Notice that the article fails to mention SDSU as a past perennial power in football in the NCC. Listening to the talk on this board would lead me to believe that you are a perennial power. I guess the gentlemen that wrote this article would disagree. Medicore- Medicore-Medicore. 6-5, 6-5 , 6-5.

Mavs#1

Comment

Yawn . . . I think you posted this on the wrong board. Here is a link to d2football.com, I am sure people over there will care about this article.

http://www.d2football.com/board/

Go State! ;D

P.S. the last time we played NW Missouri State back in our D-II days they were ranked #4 in the nation and we shut them out. SDSU 20 - NWMSU 0.

Comment

Can you say DIIluted?
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X