Cereal Bowl ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cereal Bowl ???

Just wanted to let you guys know that if you bring the Rice Krispies this Saturday, I will bring the Lucky Charms!! The tailgate party will be so much fun as we pass around the cereal and get to try all kinds of different cereals. I will see if I can get Tony the Tiger and Cap'n Crunch to show up. How awesome will that be? Maybe we can get real crazy and spice up our cereal bowl with spirits if you know what I mean ;D ;D
    Maybe we can get General Mills or Kelloggs to sponsor it next year. See you next Saturday with bowl in hand.

Mavs#1

Re: Cereal Bowl ???

Mav D2, Outstanding post again. You are off to another fast start of quality posts and incredible insight. Keep up the good work. Congrats again on becoming a junior. I am working toward that.

Comment

I'm partial towards a warm breakfast like biscuits and gravy (my favorite). In honor of the Cereal bowl I'll bring some Golden Grahams. They're actually not bad with beer on them.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Choose the correct caption:

1. This is the actual size of Mavs#dII's brain?

2. This is the number of people that care what Mavs#dII and Fat Jake think?

3. This is how many DI schools UNO will play this year?

4. This is how many talk boards UNO has?

5. This is how many times UNO would win if their football team played SDSU, now that we have gone DI.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

jbnjbq, First time in almost 2 years you said something that was pretty funny. You usually don't have much to say but when you do I will give you props!

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
            Just wanted to let you guys know that if you bring the Rice Krispies this Saturday, I will bring the Lucky Charms!! The tailgate party will be so much fun as we pass around the cereal and get to try all kinds of different cereals. I will see if I can get Tony the Tiger and Cap'n Crunch to show up. How awesome will that be? Maybe we can get real crazy and spice up our cereal bowl with spirits if you know what I mean ;D ;D
            Maybe we can get General Mills or Kelloggs to sponsor it next year. See you next Saturday with bowl in hand.

Mavs#1
            Yes, it's a very funny name for a football game. Only it's really not that strange for a land grant university to celebrate all the tens of millions of dollars in agricultural research money come in every year and the fruits (literally) of that research for the citizens of the state and the nation. UNO does something similar, actually. Land grant universities were intended as a place where every citizen has an opportunity to learn. That is not unlike UNO, a metropolitan campus with a similar mission. Sorry if the cereal thing is funny. This is what we do at SDSU. I, for one, am proud of that.

Comment

Mavs#1

Mavs#dII with bowl in hand!

Do you suppose we ought to tell him we eat out of different bowls in South Dakota? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
                Yes, it's a very funny name for a football game. Only it's really not that strange for a land grant university to celebrate all the tens of millions of dollars in agricultural research money come in every year and the fruits (literally) of that research for the citizens of the state and the nation. UNO does something similar, actually. Land grant universities were intended as a place where every citizen has an opportunity to learn. That is not unlike UNO, a metropolitan campus with a similar mission. Sorry if the cereal thing is funny. This is what we do at SDSU. I, for one, am proud of that.
                In the 20 odd years that I lived close to Omaha and UNO here is my honest impression. The institution is relatively affordable for the average working stiff.  In fact  the student body primarilyis made up of working stiffs who could give a rip about the Mavs.  

I recall one year in the late 1980's when Bob Hansen had a fairly competitive basketball team and USD was playing in that dundgeon now called Sapp Field House.
                I had nothing to do so drove 90 miles to watch  UNO and USD. I really did not care who won, but wanted to see how they matched up as two opponents of SDSU.

You could not find a parking place near the field house as there were cars everywhere. This game was on a tuesday night back when the NCC played a few weekday games.

I go in to  buy a ticket and  to my amazement the fieldhouse is nearly empty, and you would wonder what the heck with all those cars outside where is the crowd? The crowd does not exist because the cars were working stiffs who came for an education nothing else.  The only people present were Mav no 1 AND BIg Jake and how could you not miss them with their slurs and insults. ;D ;D when they saw my SDSU shirt that I was wearing. ;D ;D

I experienced this situation more than once and Omaha is not exactly that much behind the UNO Mavs.  There are people in Omaha that dont know that UNO exists. Yet our two buddies seem like they can not resist taking down SDSU whenever they can.  

Comment

The cereal bowl may be a funny sounding name but during halftime the various grain producing companies donated 1.4 million dollars to SDSU...

I'll take funny!!

Comment

Did they donate to you in dollars or cereal boxes?

Comment

UNO ALUMS SEND MESSAGE TO UNIVERSITY'S ADMINISTRATION "WHO CARES ABOUT UNO?"

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Isn't the Apathy Bowl scheduled for this weekend at UNO?
                        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Did they donate to you in dollars or cereal boxes?
                          Actually, the donations were in the form of giant, novelty checks... kind of comical in the hands of our tiny, but terrific president, Peggy Miller.

Comment

The empty pockets picture might more accurately reflect the situation at sdsu in your pursuit of 20 million dollars for athletic endowments (I can't remember if it was a 10 or 20 million dollar goal). Didn't I read that one of your fundraisers got fired for not meeting numbers. Until I hear where you are in your pursuit of that goal I am going to assume the news is bad. Any good news is amplified about 100 times on this site and no news hides the fact that donations are probably not pouring in. Therefore the empty pockets guy is probably an sdsu alum/friend.
                            Fair comment by Milwaukee - there is a lot of apathy at uno but we have about 6000 core fb fans and can double that on a big game. Have about 6000 core hockey fans which can increase for Michigan and Notre Dame. 1000 or so core bb fans which can go to 2200 for ncc games. I seriously doubt if those numbers are really that much bigger at sdsu except for basketball. I suspect our hockey support is probably as good as yoru bb support. The difference is probably that you get more student support than we do. I suspect our alum/friends support is as good if not better than yours. I would bet we have more wealthy people to tap in omaha than you do in SD.

Comment

Hmmm.

You said you have 6k hardcore fans. Having everyone look in a mirror isn't exactly doubling them. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X