Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU finishes ahead of Creighton

[blue]
    Did anyone notice this? SDSU women golfers finished ahead of our newest rivals Creighton![/blue]

SDSU women end Hawkeye Intercollegiate in fifth place

IOWA CITY, Iowa -- The South Dakota State University women's golf team held its ground against Division I competition to conclude the season-opening Hawkeye Intercollegiate with a fifth-place finish.

The Jackrabbits improved their Sunday 18-hole round score by 15 strokes over Saturday afternoon's round to help earn their fifth-place spot.

Holly Opatz, a freshman competitor for the Jacks, led the team with a score of 242 (82-79-81), also placing her in the top 20 with a tie for 15th. Lindsey Brown came in second for the Jacks with a total of 244 (82-83-79) and also placed in the top 20 at a tie for 19th place.

Other scores for the Jackrabbits were: Kelli Endahl, who placed 23rd with a 245 (79-87-79); Kelly Evans carded a 247 (81-83-83) and a tie for 26th, and Dallas Willman rounded out the Jacks scorecard with a 261 (87-83-91) and a tie for 42nd place.

The University of Iowa managed to hold on to its lead on Sunday to take first place with a 922 team total (306-306-310), 37 strokes ahead of second-place team Missouri State.

Tyrette Metzendorf of Iowa carded medalist honors with a 220 (73-71-76).

SDSU goes back on the road next weekend for the Minnesota Invitational Sept. 17-18 in St. Paul, Minn.

TEAM SCORES

1. Iowa 306-306-310 922
    2. Missouri State 320-317-322 959
    3. Northern Illinois 323-316-324 963
    4. Eastern Illinois 330 326-316 972
    5. South Dakota State U 319-335-320 974
    6. Ball State (Ind.) 334-320-323 977
    7. Creighton (Neb.) 326-333-333 992
    8. North Dakota State 338-330-342 1010
    9. Loyola (Ill.) 346-335-333 1014

SDSU INDIVIDUALS
    T15. Holly Opatz 77-86-79 242
    T19. Lindsey Brown 82-83-79 244
    23. Kelli Endahl 79-87-79 245
    T26. Kelly Evans 81-83-83 247
    T42. Dallas Willman 87-83-91 261

GET USED TO IT!

Just one of many more to come! Way to go jacks!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Re: SDSU finishes ahead of Creighton

Gosh, I originally thought that was a soccer score which I was going to offer congratulations for a great win. But golf? I put golf on the same level as bowling. Those are 2 sports that I actually get better with each beer consumed. You know there isn't much good news when that is highlighted on this site. Peace!!
    Just as you always stated UNO wasn't your rival I can assure you that aren't CU's rival either. Maybe in the future but surely not now.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
      .........I put golf on the same level as bowling.  Those are 2 sports that I actually get better with each beer consumed......................
      I see in the Omaha World Herald that the local Walmart is having a run on "Nebraska Palm Pilots." I will bet you anything that FatJake "went and got him one of dem suckers!"

Nebraska Palm Pilot (already programmed)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
        I actually get better with each beer consumed.
        Your mantra or just your excuse for drinking at 9:00 a.m. on a Monday, Tuesday, Wedsnesday, Thursday...?
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

JBNJBQ,

SDSU is about as big of a threat to Creighton as France is to the United States in becoming a world power. I talked to a couple of the Creighton soccer players after they blasted you and none of them had even heard of South Dakota State before they played you. None of them had ever played in a town so small and to many of them said it felt like they were back in high school. Now get back to playing D3 schools and football programs that don't offer schoolies. I sure those games got you real prepared to play the Griz.

Mavs#1

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
            JBNJBQ,

SDSU is about as big of a threat to Creighton as France is to the United States in becoming a world power. I talked to a couple of the Creighton soccer players after they blasted you and none of them had even heard of South Dakota State before they played you. None of them had ever played in a town so small and to many of them said it felt like they were back in high school. Now get back to playing D3 schools and football programs that don't offer schoolies. I sure those games got you real prepared to play the Griz.

Mavs#1
            Okay Mav you are the man!!!!1

Comment

I talked to a couple of the Creighton soccer players
              Was this before or after you cleared their table?  Were they good tippers?  Did you ask them if they'd ever heard of uno?
              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

They don't allow Mavs#dII to clear the tables! They keep him in the back room:

Where the customers don't have to look at him!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Hey its great to see what Maverick No 1 looks like and now can we find a photo of Big Jake.?

If Mav no 1 is a dishwasher at a sophicated restaurant that caters to the Creighton crowd, why would he need a cell phone? Oh thats right he lives under I-29 overpass so needs to communicate some how.  He also gets on this board using the Public Library computer.  Unless we hear otherwise, we can assume nothing less.
                  Its a shame to put down the homeless, but when they get arrogant like Mav No1 WHAT CAN YOU DO. :-[ ;D :-*

Comment

JBNJBQ,

SDSU is about as big of a threat to Creighton as France is to the United States in becoming a world power.
                    FYI: France is part of the European Union, with a GDP (gross domestic product) of about $11.65 trillion in 2004. The U.S. GDP, in the same year, was $11.75 trillion. France was the largest contributor to the EU GDP. Economically, the EU will likely overtake the U.S. in a few years. And then China will overtake everybody in about 20 years. So if you're talking economic power, France is a pretty serious player.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN
                      Hey its great to see what Maverick No 1 looks like and now can we find a photo of Big Jake.?

Ask and ye shall receive! Here's Big Jake in his work clothes:

He did look better in his ballerina outfit! I posted that before!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit

FYI: France is part of the European Union, with a GDP (gross domestic product) of about $11.65 trillion in 2004. The U.S. GDP, in the same year, was $11.75 trillion. France was the largest contributor to the EU GDP. Economically, the EU will likely overtake the U.S. in a few years. And then China will overtake everybody in about 20 years. So if you're talking economic power, France is a pretty serious player.
                        Not to get political but... These numbers are accurate and the speculation isn't far off either. Not the Mav or Jake even understand what the GDP represents. As for the rest of us....
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                        X