If The Coyotes Played the Jacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If The Coyotes Played the Jacks

As slanted as the opinion is towards the Blue and Yellow it would be great if the two teams could play this year because the Coyotes will probably field their best team since the 1980's.

The Jacks have dominated the recent series, but the all time series still goes to the Coyotes. I would love to put that series back on the line this year but obviously it won't happen.
    How Bout Them Yotes

Re: If The Coyotes Played the Jacks

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan
    As slanted as the opinion is towards the Blue and Yellow it would be great if the two teams could play this year because the Coyotes will probably field their best team since the 1980's.  

The Jacks have dominated the recent series, but the all time series still goes to the Coyotes.  I would love to put that series back on the line this year but obviously it won't happen.  
    How could that happen? Isn't USD playing 9 man football? Which 2 players would we have to bench? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

The Jacks have dominated the recent series, but the all time series still goes to the Coyotes.  I would love to put that series back on the line this year but obviously it won't happen.  
      You know how many times we heard that at SDSU over the last 15 years? How about every year. Always trickling up from the south. "USD looks really good this year!" "You guys better watch out for Augie. I think they may give you guys a run this year!" Then, we win the game and hear "if this hadn't happened or this had happened, USD/Augie could have won that game." It really is like a broken record. But, you can always fall back on the all-time record between the school when looking for solace.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Nothing like a cake walk schedule like last year to make your team look good. Unfortunately the powers at be, disagreed with your opinion and the yotes stayed home from the playoffs.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerhof
            what do you need? i thought you were asking for me jbhof.

Great year, year i was born.  
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

79 was a good year. No I was just giving back a little smack nothing to serious just a little fun.  Point being that making the playoffs does not always translate into whether one has a good or bad team. If that was the case, then SDSU's last good team was in 1979, which even a Coyote fan like myself realizes is not close to being true.

Comment

It is true that it looks like you will have a good team this year. I would hope you would since you now have 1st dibbs on all the top DII talent in the state since the Jacks are passing over them for the DI talent.
                :-*

Comment

Just to humor you, if the coyotes played the Jacks, the Jacks would win. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit_FB_Alum

It is true that it looks like you will have a good team this year.  I would hope you would since you now have 1st dibbs on all the top DII talent in the state since the Jacks are passing over them for the DI talent.
                    :-*
                    nothing wrong with that, heck you scraped out four years playing that level. Guess you were lucky two schools at that level were available in the state during your time.

Comment

I think the talent level between the 2 schools has widened more than people think as we enter just our second year of DIAA football.

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerhof

nothing wrong with that, heck you scraped out four years playing that level.  Guess you were lucky two schools at that level were available in the state during your time.  

#1. OK.....
                        #2. I'm not from South Dakota
                        #3. There are still plenty of DII schools around here.
                        #4. You completly missed the point of my origional post.  My point was that of course the Yotes should have a good team (at the DII level).  They no longer have any real compeition in the State to get the best DII athletes, therefore, they should get just about anybody they recruit.  However, the Yotes have a roster filled with good D2 talent, the Jacks have a roster filled with DI-AA talent.  Common sense will tell you who the better team is.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                          I think the talent level between the 2 schools has widened more than people think as we enter just our second year of DIAA football.

I agree, but I think it started to widen before that... like 3 or 4 years ago.

Comment

A USD-SDSU game today would go the way of most games between teams with different talent levels.

USD would stay with SDSU for a while, maybe even score the first touchdown. But as the first half progressed, the Coyotes would wear down . . . first half score, SDSU 28, Coyotes 14.

Second half would just be a matter of how long State kept the starters in.

Final: SDSU 45, USD 17.

The margin will increase as the years go on.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The talent level widened far before 3-4 years ago. Since 1990 SDSU has owned the yotes on the football field. I'm not exactly sure of the record but its heavily in SDSU's favor

Comment

Working...
                              X