How Ironic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Ironic

This question was taken out of the interview of former UNO coach Sandy Buda. Looks like the whole NCC conference could have been D1AA if you guys wouldn't have voted it down. Thanks a lot Rabbitts

Q. What do you think UNO should do about its football future?

A. They need to go to another league, like the Missouri league (MIAA), or go I-AA. They have a good program, and Pat does a great job. I know, without him telling me, that Pat is disappointed in the direction the league is going compared to what it used to be. That competitiveness isn't there. I hate to say it, but some of the wins are watered down.

The shame of it is, back in 1985, I-AA didn't have a rule about attendance or scholarships. Bobby Thompson, the AD at UNO then, and myself went to the NCC meetings and proposed that the whole league go I-AA. It wouldn't have cost us one more penny to do it. It got voted down. The irony of it was, South Dakota State and Northern Colorado voted it down, and they went on to join I-AA.

Mavs#1

Re: How Ironic

I noticed that both of these gentilemen have interesting tag lines at the bottom of their posts.

Just a slight adjustment to each is necessary to make them 100% accurate:

Mavs#dII's line should read:

"UNO..... where we care about whining!"

I like SDSUFAN's statement. But my research indicates the following:

"All of the carnivores use musk glands, urine, and feces to signal others of their species and competing species of their territorial spacing and presence.

Why do coyotes poop on roads? It is to mark the boundaries of their territories."

Just trying to help, guys!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
      This question was taken out of the interview of former UNO coach Sandy Buda. Looks like the whole NCC conference could have been D1AA if you guys wouldn't have voted it down. Thanks a lot Rabbitts Mavs#1

Pretty funny how after countless posts about how our move to D1 was so stupid, you are admitting that you wish UNO went D1 too. 8)

Comment

Alanis Morissette - Ironic - Jagged Little Pill

An old man turned ninety-eight
        He won the lottery and died the next day
        It's a black fly in your Chardonnay
        It's a death row pardon two minutes too late
        Isn't it ironic...don't you think

Chorus:
        It's like rain on your wedding day
        It's a free ride when you've already paid
        It's the good advice that you just didn't take
        Who would've thought...it figures

Mr. Play It Safe was afraid to fly
        He packed his suitcase and kissed his kids good-bye
        He waited his whole d--- life to take that flight
        And as the plane crashed down, he thought,
        "Well isn't this nice..."
        And isn't it ironic...don't you think

CHORUS

Well life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
        When you think everything's okay and everything's
        going right
        And life has a funny way of helping you out when
        You think everything's gone wrong and everything blows
        up
        In your face

A traffic jam when you're already late
        A no-smoking sign on your cigarette break
        It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife
        It's meeting the man of your dreams
        And then meeting his beautiful wife
        And isn't it ironic...don't you think
        A little too ironic...and yeah I really do think...

CHORUS

Life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
        Life has a funny, funny way of helping you out
        Helping you out
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
          This question was taken out of the interview of former UNO coach Sandy Buda. Looks like the whole NCC conference could have been D1AA if you guys wouldn't have voted it down. Thanks a lot Rabbitts

Q. What do you think UNO should do about its football future?

A. They need to go to another league, like the Missouri league (MIAA), or go I-AA. They have a good program, and Pat does a great job. I know, without him telling me, that Pat is disappointed in the direction the league is going compared to what it used to be. That competitiveness isn't there. I hate to say it, but some of the wins are watered down.

The shame of it is, back in 1985, I-AA didn't have a rule about attendance or scholarships. Bobby Thompson, the AD at UNO then, and myself went to the NCC meetings and proposed that the whole league go I-AA. It wouldn't have cost us one more penny to do it. It got voted down. The irony of it was, South Dakota State and Northern Colorado voted it down, and they went on to join I-AA.

Mavs#1
          Hard for Sandy to have any credibility since he obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. DI-AA doesn't have attendance or scholarship requirements now either. It wouldn't be any more expensive to join I-AA now that it would have 20 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by NDSU_grad
            Hard for Sandy to have any credibility since he obviously doesn't know what he's talking about.  DI-AA doesn't have attendance or scholarship requirements now either.  It wouldn't be any more expensive to join I-AA now that it would have 20 years ago.
            Good point. Valpo: 0 football scholarships, yet they're 1AA. I don't know what Buda is talking about.

Comment

Working...
            X