PDA

View Full Version : This might increase our chances of going D1

Mavericks#1
09-15-2005, 02:51 PM
Now we need some donors to come through!!!

Potential land acquisition excites Maverick coaches

Nebraska Board of Regents

UNO Athletic Director David Herbster can look beyond the south edge of campus and see the potential.

Administrators will ask the NU Board of Regents at its meeting Friday in Lincoln to approve agreements with the Ak-Sar-Ben Future Trust that could lead to the University of Nebraska at Omaha adding 71 acres of land.

Game fields for the baseball, softball and soccer teams, as well as practice facilities for hockey and football, could potentially wind up in the area that includes the 54-acre Chili Greens golf course and a separate 17-acre area.

"What it could do for our athletic department is unreal," Herbster said. "It would enhance what we have, what we're doing in our community and what we provide to our students."

A practice facility for the hockey program would help the UNO athletic department's major revenue producer and its only NCAA Division I program. Hockey coach Mike Kemp said his program is one of only a few in Division I that doesn't have an on-campus practice facility.

"It's critical for the future of the program," Kemp said. "It gives us the opportunity to have ice not just from October through March, but throughout the entire year."

Year-round access to an on-campus facility may not always be a deciding factor in recruiting, Kemp said, but how those recruits develop once they get on campus can be affected.

"It hurts us that we don't have an unlimited amount of ice to use in the offseason, when guys can work on their individual skills," he said. "This would give us an equal footing with other hockey programs in that area."

Even though baseball coach Bob Herold and his well-traveled team finally has a place of its own at Boys Town, he wouldn't mind making one more move to a potential on-campus field some day.

"I'm in no hurry to move, but any time you're closer to school you don't have to put your players in a car to go to your home field," he said. "Any time you're close to campus, it's good."

Herold is cautiously optimistic. Other plans have come and gone, like the 2002 proposal in which UNO and the College of St. Mary were to have shared an area near Ak-Sar-Ben for baseball and softball.

In some ways, the UNO softball program has a home-field advantage at Claussen-Westgate Field. The Mavs are used to the roar of Interstate 80 traffic and passing trains. But it makes practices difficult.

"It's not conducive to instruction," coach Jeanne Tostenson said. "And I feel like our softball field needs help aesthetically. Another atmosphere, where it's quieter and part of a whole athletic facility, would help put our program on a higher level. We're seeing a lot of newer facilities at the Division II level and ours is not state of the art by any means. Recruits look at that."

UNO and the Ak-Sar-Ben Future Trust hope to exchange land each owns near 67th and Pine Streets, an area that includes the current home of the UNO women's soccer team. A new soccer field would obviously be part of the UNO wish list, even though the soccer program isn't complaining about its current state.

"We're the lucky ones, because baseball, softball and hockey don't have a place on campus to call their own," soccer coach Don Klosterman said. "But we would look forward to it and maybe we could have more room for practice or to co-op with soccer clubs around town to have something very nice, very ideal for us."

Klosterman said the current soccer facility is competitive with others in Division II, but commitments haven't been made for lights, concession stands, bleachers and a press box in anticipation of the potential move.

The UNO football team used to practice somewhat regularly in the area adjacent to the current soccer field, but uses Caniglia Field nearly all the time since new FieldTurf was installed.

Coach Pat Behrns said he wouldn't mind having a grass practice area, particularly in the weeks when UNO is scheduled to play a road game against a team with a grass field.

"It wouldn't be bad to have some grass," he said. "I'd like to practice there early in the season to get off the turf a little bit. If we had a facility, we would use it."

Parking, housing and academic buildings are other possibilities for the area that UNO is hoping to acquire.

If approved, it would still take some time to get the building process started. That includes planning and fund-raising.

"I don't know what the specific steps would be," Herbster said. "You need to have the blueprints and designs that will get people excited to give money."

Projecting a final price tag is a difficult proposition.

"A lot would be determined once we start digging and we find out what's underneath and how much has to be moved," Herbster said. "Another variable is gas prices - all those big machines in construction projects are powered by gas. And if we don't come up with enough money, then something will get cut."

JACKGUYII
09-15-2005, 03:02 PM
Why?

filbert
09-15-2005, 03:38 PM
(Irrelevant article deleted)

Please leave.

NorCalJack
09-15-2005, 11:10 PM
OMG, I almost feel sorry for UNO. Reading that article makes their facilities look like a joke.

Hockey coach Mike Kemp said his program is one of only a few in Division I that doesn't have an on-campus practice facility.

My home town only had a population of 15,000 and my high school had a year round hockey facility across the street from the school. I can't believe that UNO even has a D-1 hockey program, I guess if you can flood a corn field and play hockey, you too can call yourself a D-1 hockey program.

Now we move on to the pride of UNO - their softball and baseball facilities. When I read this:

In some ways, the UNO softball program has a home-field advantage at Claussen-Westgate Field.

I thought they were going to claim that they were using cows from the pasture as extra defensemen. I was mistaken, because the real home-field advantage is this.

The Mavs are used to the roar of Interstate 80 traffic and passing trains. But it makes practices difficult.

What do they do, practice playing in traffic? Great recuiting tool. You tell the recruit, if you can run across 6 lanes of traffic, without getting hit, we will let you walk-on.

Even though baseball coach Bob Herold and his well-traveled team finally has a place of its own at Boys Town, he wouldn't mind making one more move to a potential on-campus field some day.

They finally have a place of their own, what were they doing before, playing at the city park? Now they are playing at a place called "Boy's Town?" Sounds like a name of a gay bar (not that there is anything wrong with that).

We're seeing a lot of newer facilities at the Division II level and ours is not state of the art by any means.

Mav#D-2, your current facilities are sub-par for D-2, how can you ever expect to move up to D-1. Reading your posts, I thought UNO was going to make the move soon. But I can tell from quoting the UNO faculty that you need to upgrade your facilities just to be on par with the other D-2 schools and you are a long, long, long ways from even considering a move up to our league.

Have fun sharing that sport complex with St. Mary's college.

OK_Jackrabbit
09-18-2005, 05:23 AM
I was in Omaha (nice little city... terrible restaurants in the Old Market area) for the weekend and read the stories in the Weird-Herald. The land acquisition is a big deal for UNO, and was approved by the regents. But nobody in any story I read said anything about D1 for any other athletic programs. Pure speculation. And it's all about a million years off. They have to raise the money to buy the land (the regents rejected the idea of using eminent domain to acquire it) and then the money for the facilities.

So, yes, UNO might be going D1 in about 2050.

Mavericks#1
09-18-2005, 02:22 PM
what restraunt did you eat at in the old market that you hated??

jackmd
09-18-2005, 08:12 PM

I suspect you saw the SDSU DI fan as you were clearing tables. Probably sitting by his peers from the U of Nebraska.

Losers = DII mediocrity = UNO

Mavericks#1
09-18-2005, 10:13 PM
I suspect you saw the SDSU DI fan as you were clearing tables. Probably sitting by his peers from the U of Nebraska.

I define mediocrity as not winning a conference championship since 1963. Montana 7 SDSU 0. A loss is a loss no matter who you play. I have never in my life saw people who revel in moral victories than you people. As a life long Husker fan I will never consider SDSU a peer of any kind. They will always be that freshman who is picking up jock straps off the locker room floor. The last good table clearing that I saw was that of an NAIA school clearing your D1 Rabbitts right off the table in Frost Arena.
Jack MD, maybe you can use that Doctorate degree to explain why SDSU has only won more than eight football games a few times since 1963 and never had a ten win season since then. 41 years and counting!!!!
I guess when you haven't had a reason to celebrate for 41 years that a 7 point loss is reason to get excited.

JBNJBQ
09-19-2005, 04:56 AM
As a life long Husker fan I will never consider SDSU a peer of any kind.

http://lserver.aea14.k12.ia.us/swp/Art/icon.gif/Dork.gif

MAVS#dII, life long Husker fan?

(I thought Husker fans always wore red)?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

jackrabbit1979
09-19-2005, 06:39 AM
I define mediocrity as not winning a conference championship since 1963. Montana 7 SDSU 0. A loss is a loss no matter who you play. I have never in my life saw people who revel in moral victories than you people. As a life long Husker fan I will never consider SDSU a peer of any kind. They will always be that freshman who is picking up jock straps off the locker room floor. The last good table clearing that I saw was that of an NAIA school clearing your D1 Rabbitts right off the table in Frost Arena.
Jack MD, maybe you can use that Doctorate degree to explain why SDSU has only won more than eight football games a few times since 1963 and never had a ten win season since then. 41 years and counting!!!!
I guess when you haven't had a reason to celebrate for 41 years that long a 7 point loss is reason to get excited.

I'm a husker fan, no a mavericks fan, no a bluejays fan, actually I root for the Omaha Beef, no wait i am a husker fan when they are winning. Wait Creighton just beat SDSU in soccer, i have always been a Bluejay fan more than anything...How STUPID, pick a team and be loyal.

I guess fans of lower division schools need to pick D1 schools to root for so they can say they are fans of someone at that level.

MilwaukeeJacksAlum
09-19-2005, 10:40 AM
This does not increase the chances that anyone will give a rip about UNO.

SDSUFAN
09-19-2005, 11:51 AM
The truth of the matter is that UNO campus is the old Omaha U campus and its clustered into a very nice residential area and they have been running out of space for a long time. AKSARBEN was a big horse racing track and also Peney Park and Elmwood Park with tons of space. What happen here is that UNO gets some more breathing room as a campus moves into the adbandoned race track area and the City of Omaha loses picnic area.

jackmd
09-19-2005, 11:58 AM

Precision from a lawyer? Nice to see once in awhile. No need for pontification or grandstanding when fact is fact. Mav just doesn't get it.

MilwaukeeJacksAlum
09-20-2005, 10:37 AM
Wulf told you to say that didn't he?

jackmd
09-20-2005, 10:47 AM
Wulf told you to say that didn't he?

He does think that you carry on a bit too much in some of your posts. I disagree with Wulf.

Maybe I'll bump into you at the Beef bowl. Preliminary plan is Mercury Morse's tailgate spot around 5 pm. He may have been a few years before your time.

As for this topic, nothing to add.

OK_Jackrabbit
09-20-2005, 11:23 AM
India Oven was OK, although not in my top 10 Indian restaurants. Ahmad's (Persian) was awful. Hint: The secret ingredient is salt. Two people, $67, terrible food, bad service. It was the whole package. Odd since everybody we met raved about Ahmad's. Otherwise, the Old Market is pretty nice. There are some very nice bars there and interesting shops.

OK_Jackrabbit
09-20-2005, 11:24 AM
The truth of the matter is that UNO campus is the old Omaha U campus and its clustered into a very nice residential area and they have been running out of space for a long time. AKSARBEN was a big horse racing track and also Peney Park and Elmwood Park with tons of space. What happen here is that UNO gets some more breathing room as a campus moves into the adbandoned race track area and the City of Omaha loses picnic area.

The UNO campus is located in a really nice neighborhood.

Jacks99
09-20-2005, 12:26 PM
the Spagetti Factory is always a sure bet.

bigjake
09-20-2005, 03:56 PM
OK-Jackrabbit, Let's be clear - UNO is already using the threat of eminent domain with the homeowners and businesses in their way even if the regents haven't officially authorized it. In the paper it said the regents haven't authorized eminent domain - at least for now. So there is a lot of wiggle room for them to abuse their power. They go into businesses and offer them a price that usually isn't what they would have received under normal circumstances and then threaten the owner with take this or we will use eminent domain and you will get even less. Wonderful choices. I don't mind the univ. going in and offering fair value to owners for their property but it isn't happening here. It is one thing to use eminent domain for some essential public service but to use it for athletic fields seems unfair to the land owners in the area. So what if the softball team has to play by the interstate and so what if the hockey team has to rent a rink to practice in. It strikes me as unseemly to throw someone out of their house to support athletics. NOw if the univ wants to give them fair value for their property then I am all for new fields. That is NOT happening here.

JBNJBQ
09-20-2005, 04:04 PM
Ahmad's (Persian) was awful. Hint: The secret ingredient is salt. Two people, $67, terrible food, bad service. It was the whole package. Odd since everybody we met raved about Ahmad's.

You should have ordered the "GOAT BURGER"

http://www.meatgoats.com/images/logo-page1.gif

Mavs#dII gets a royalty everytime one is sold in Omaha.
His picture was used for the advertisment. I'm surprised he let them use his real name.

What kind of last name is "ociation?"

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

OK_Jackrabbit
09-20-2005, 04:55 PM
OK-Jackrabbit, Let's be clear - UNO is already using the threat of eminent domain with the homeowners and businesses in their way even if the regents haven't officially authorized it. In the paper it said the regents haven't authorized eminent domain - at least for now. So there is a lot of wiggle room for them to abuse their power. They go into businesses and offer them a price that usually isn't what they would have received under normal circumstances and then threaten the owner with take this or we will use eminent domain and you will get even less. Wonderful choices. I don't mind the univ. going in and offering fair value to owners for their property but it isn't happening here. It is one thing to use eminent domain for some essential public service but to use it for athletic fields seems unfair to the land owners in the area. So what if the softball team has to play by the interstate and so what if the hockey team has to rent a rink to practice in. It strikes me as unseemly to throw someone out of their house to support athletics. NOw if the univ wants to give them fair value for their property then I am all for new fields. That is NOT happening here.

I agree with you completely, BigJake. Good analysis. Eminent domain can be abused, even if it is only used to pressure landowners to sell now for a lower price as you suggest is happening there.

jackmd
09-21-2005, 07:52 PM
I guess when you haven't had a reason to celebrate for 41 years that a 7 point loss is reason to get excited.

This better defines what I meant by DII mediocre.

All sports honor roll for our former conference the NCC:

SDSU 15 titles UNO 1 (and that was womens which the Omaha boys don't even recognize as relevant).

Womens All-Sports Honor Roll: 1982-83 South Dakota State, 1983-84 Minnesota State, Mankato, 1984-85 Minnesota State, Mankato, 1985-86 Minnesota State, Mankato, 1986-87 Minnesota State, Mankato, 1987-88 North Dakota State, 1988-89 Minnesota State, Mankato, 1989-90 North Dakota State, 1990-91 MSU, Mankato/North Dakota St., 1991-92 St. Cloud State, 1992-93 North Dakota, 1993-94 South Dakota State, 1994-95 South Dakota State, 1995-96 Minnesota State, Mankato, 1996-97 St. Cloud State/South Dakota State, 1997-98 Northern Colorado, 1998-99 North Dakota State, 1999-00 North Dakota State, 2000-01 North Dakota, 2001-02 North Dakota, 2002-03 Nebraska-Omaha, 2003-04 North Dakota.

Mens All-Sports Honor Roll: 1970-71 North Dakota St., 1971-72 Northern Iowa, 1972-73 Northern Iowa, 1973-74 Northern Iowa, 1974-75 Northern Iowa, 1975-76 Minnesota St., Mankato/South Dakota St., 1976-77 Northern Iowa, 1977-78 Northern Iowa, 1978-79 South Dakota St., 1979-80 South Dakota St., 1980-81 South Dakota St., 1981-82 North Dakota St., 1982-83 North Dakota St., 1983-84 North Dakota St., 1984-85 North Dakota St., 1985-86 Minnesota St., Mankato, 1986-87 Minnesota St., Mankato, 1987-88 Minnesota St., Mankato, 1988-89 North Dakota St., 1989-90 North Dakota St., 1990-91 North Dakota, 1991-92 South Dakota St., 1992-93 Minnesota St., Mankato, 1993-94 Minnesota St., Mankato, 1994-95 Minnesota St., Mankato, 1995-96 South Dakota St., 1996-97 South Dakota St., 1997-98 St. Cloud St., 1998-99 Minnesota State, Mankato, 1999-2000 South Dakota State, 2000-01 South Dakota State, 2001-02 South Dakota St., 2002-03 South Dakota State, 2003-04 North Dakota State.

Mavericks#1
09-22-2005, 11:41 AM
This better defines what I meant by DII mediocre.

All sports honor roll for our former conference the NCC:

SDSU 15 titles UNO 1 (and that was womens which the Omaha boys don't even recognize as relevant).

Womens All-Sports Honor Roll: 1982-83 South Dakota State, 1983-84 Minnesota State, Mankato, 1984-85 Minnesota State, Mankato, 1985-86 Minnesota State, Mankato, 1986-87 Minnesota State, Mankato, 1987-88 North Dakota State, 1988-89 Minnesota State, Mankato, 1989-90 North Dakota State, 1990-91 MSU, Mankato/North Dakota St., 1991-92 St. Cloud State, 1992-93 North Dakota, 1993-94 South Dakota State, 1994-95 South Dakota State, 1995-96 Minnesota State, Mankato, 1996-97 St. Cloud State/South Dakota State, 1997-98 Northern Colorado, 1998-99 North Dakota State, 1999-00 North Dakota State, 2000-01 North Dakota, 2001-02 North Dakota, 2002-03 Nebraska-Omaha, 2003-04 North Dakota.

Mens All-Sports Honor Roll: 1970-71 North Dakota St., 1971-72 Northern Iowa, 1972-73 Northern Iowa, 1973-74 Northern Iowa, 1974-75 Northern Iowa, 1975-76 Minnesota St., Mankato/South Dakota St., 1976-77 Northern Iowa, 1977-78 Northern Iowa, 1978-79 South Dakota St., 1979-80 South Dakota St., 1980-81 South Dakota St., 1981-82 North Dakota St., 1982-83 North Dakota St., 1983-84 North Dakota St., 1984-85 North Dakota St., 1985-86 Minnesota St., Mankato, 1986-87 Minnesota St., Mankato, 1987-88 Minnesota St., Mankato, 1988-89 North Dakota St., 1989-90 North Dakota St., 1990-91 North Dakota, 1991-92 South Dakota St., 1992-93 Minnesota St., Mankato, 1993-94 Minnesota St., Mankato, 1994-95 Minnesota St., Mankato, 1995-96 South Dakota St., 1996-97 South Dakota St., 1997-98 St. Cloud St., 1998-99 Minnesota State, Mankato, 1999-2000 South Dakota State, 2000-01 South Dakota State, 2001-02 South Dakota St., 2002-03 South Dakota State, 2003-04 North Dakota State.

Very easily explained in the fact that UNO men have never had a team in golf, cross country, ping pong and horseshoes. These equestrian like sports help you win these titles. With these sports we would have won titles especially over the last few years that you were in the conference. UNO women have gotten these sports over the last five years and we have won a couple all sports titles since then. In closing. I am still waiting for an explaination for your football teams lack of a title since 1963 b.c. I am very interested to hear your excuses for that one.

Mavs#1

Jacks99
09-22-2005, 11:48 AM
Again, no facts to support yourself, just trying to chip away at a Legacy.

SDSUFAN
09-22-2005, 12:42 PM
Very easily explained in the fact that UNO men have never had a team in golf, cross country, ping pong and horseshoes. These equestrian like sports help you win these titles. With these sports we would have won titles especially over the last few years that you were in the conference. UNO women have gotten these sports over the last five years and we have won a couple all sports titles since then. In closing. I am still waiting for an explaination for your football teams lack of a title since 1963 b.c. I am very interested to hear your excuses for that one.

Mavs#1

How can we now win a NCC football championship if we left the conference for D1AA? ;D ;D ;D

The records are there and speak for themselves. It does not bother me a great deal about not winning the NCC especially if you get left out of the playoff selection like UNO did last year. ;D ;D ;D ;D

mmiller_34
09-22-2005, 05:45 PM
I wonder what would happen if UNO played Montana?

probally according to MavsDII they would probally do better than a 7-0 loss.

filbert
09-22-2005, 06:17 PM
I wonder what would happen if UNO played Montana?

probally according to MavsDII they would probally do better than a 7-0 loss.

Actually, could you be sure that the Cornhuskers this year, let alone the Mavericks, would score on Montana?

SDsportsFan
09-23-2005, 06:07 AM
Actually, could you be sure that the Cornhuskers this year, let alone the Mavericks, would score on Montana?

I like the Cornhuskers, but you can't be sure that they will score on anybody this year. At least their offense, their defense might be able to get a score.

Mavericks#1
09-23-2005, 07:15 AM

Amen to that Filbert,

But according to Callahan everything is OK. Iowa State could be favored against Nebraska at home. Never thought I would see that.

SiouxFallsJack
09-24-2005, 02:01 PM
What's that stench coming from down south on I-29. Oh thats right, its the uno football team. What a way to defend that NCC championship! Maybe we'll hear that anouncement by uno after the game of the move up to D-I. It appears their alresdy at a different level of competition compared to usd. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

filbert
09-24-2005, 02:26 PM
What's that stench coming from down south on I-29. Oh thats right, its the uno football team. What a way to defend that NCC championship! Maybe we'll hear that anouncement by uno after the game of the move up to D-I. It appears their alresdy at a different level of competition compared to usd. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Did they play today? I've been watching the ESPN ticker and haven't seen the score. :D :D

Jacks99
09-24-2005, 02:29 PM
Flipping through the channels, I happened to Notice USD pounding UNO. Man, they must really be bad this year. USD has a decent offense, too bad they still haven't played a decent team yet. :D

bisonman
09-29-2005, 07:29 PM

Not meaning to burst your bubble or anything Milwaukee, but i'm not so sure that the length to which anyone gives a rip about the jacks goes beyond its alumni. Lets look at the football team. They have never been anything better than average. Now that they are DI, they are worse than better than average. Sure i know that you are going to try and brag about the fluke of last year, but I am willing to bet that SDSU will not beat a school that has scholarships to be givin out. Just face the music... SDSU is far from seeing nightly time on ESPN.

SDSUFAN
09-29-2005, 08:19 PM
Not meaning to burst your bubble or anything Milwaukee, but i'm not so sure that the length to which anyone gives a rip about the jacks goes beyond its alumni. Lets look at the football team. They have never been anything better than average. Now that they are DI, they are worse than better than average. Sure i know that you are going to try and brag about the fluke of last year, but I am willing to bet that SDSU will not beat a school that has scholarships to be givin out. Just face the music... SDSU is far from seeing nightly time on ESPN.

bisonman sounds like BIG Jake or Mav no 1 with a new handle. Same comments going the same direction, but only a different handle.

JBNJBQ
09-30-2005, 04:05 AM
DI SDSU vs DII UNO

http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~mundane/images/issue3/deadcow.jpg

I know that is not a "real" Jackrabbit (but it's related)

I know that is not a "real" maverick (but it's related)

If the NCC teams were not afraid to play us, we would have a picture of the "real" mascots with the same result.

Do you suppose that is why they won't play us in the big three sports?

It could mean a big payday for those lesser schools.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Mavericks#1
09-30-2005, 07:46 AM
bisonman sounds like BIG Jake or Mav no 1 with a new handle. Same comments going the same direction, but only a different handle.

Why can't more than two people think the same way. There is 50 people on this board that think your football team is good and yet they have no history to back it up.

89rabbit
09-30-2005, 07:58 AM
*From the Moderator

Why can't UNO posters just have one user name? You both have been busted for having more them one and pretending to be that which you are not.

As Tony pointed out on the Bison board:

Uh, we've had guys claim to be Bison fans before and then post stuff just to make trouble. It's happened enough that I'm always skeptical of new people . . . who jump on the board and start posting smack.

Have you forgotten BigJake, Hager780, MamaBison, and all the other posers we've had on the board who weren't what they said they were?

bigjake
09-30-2005, 05:48 PM
89 Rabbit, I did not post the above. I post under my one name. Really I am not sure why people on this site care so much about what your detractors think about sdsu. I know I would not care what detractors said about my team unless it was slander. But to each their own.

antikardoes
09-30-2005, 07:01 PM
Now, that was funny!

bisonman
09-30-2005, 08:34 PM

Now if this were indeed one of the guys that you think i am would they know that SDSU has, in the past, had such a hard time recruiting players. that they have been known to start a 220lb linebacker? Didn't think so, and i am guessing that you didnt know that either. I have been following NCC football for many years and played it myself against some of the characteristics of SDSU's team that i just mentioned. So, as far as you claiming that i am one of those guys that you mentioned, I believe that was just a cop out because you know that everything I wrote was right and you had nothing to say about it.

89rabbit
09-30-2005, 09:39 PM
You may or may not be one of the Omaha boys, but one thing is for sure . . . .

bisonman = http://eqlive.station.sony.com/images/concept_art/troll.jpg

http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm#WIAT

What is a Troll?

An Internet "troll" is a person who delights in sowing discord on the Internet. He (and it is usually he) tries to start arguments and upset people. . . .(read more)

SiouxFallsJack
09-30-2005, 10:19 PM
Now if this were indeed one of the guys that you think i am would they know that SDSU has, in the past, had such a hard time recruiting players. that they have been known to start a 220lb linebacker? Didn't think so, and i am guessing that you didnt know that either. I have been following NCC football for many years and played it myself against some of the characteristics of SDSU's team that i just mentioned. So, as far as you claiming that i am one of those guys that you mentioned, I believe that was just a cop out because you know that everything I wrote was right and you had nothing to say about it.

bisonman,
Have you looked at the Bison roster? I see one linebacker on the Bison roster larger than 220lbs, and I doubt there is much difference between 220lbs and 229lbs. Are you implying a 220lb linebacker is too big? I would think one who has followed NCC football for many years and a former player would have a clue about what they are talking about. ::)

I have also provided the link to the NDSU roster to make it easier for you: http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&KEY=&SPID=695&SPSI D=11845

jackmd
10-01-2005, 09:59 AM

Don't even know where to begin when it comes to educating someone who is this ignorant and likely has the brain power of your average (or below average) 4 year old. Please don't post anything else without thinking first and if you were thinking when you posted this don't post anymore.

Granted, SDSU FB was less of a focus at the DII level than some other sports. Suggesting that the move to DI did anything but increase the emphasis on FB is moronic. Get my drift here bisonman?

CatchEmAll
10-01-2005, 03:37 PM
I think this score:

Nebraska-Omaha 71
Oklahoma Panhandle State 0

puts our UNO friends in the "we should shut up about scheduling for a while" category. The played a bunch of guys from Oklahoma who beg for money. Seriously, what division is OPS? Wait...just checked, they are actually a DII school. Good for UNO beating up on their own kind.

89rabbit
10-01-2005, 03:41 PM
Ya but the bad news is that Augie played USD closer then UNO did. :o

USD 59 - UN0 14

USD 48 - Augie 17

Go State! ;D

MilwaukeeJacksAlum
10-03-2005, 11:20 AM

If you played against this 220 pound linebacker, then you'd know I was actually listed at 215 and that was about as heavy as I got. If you butted heads against me, it was for only 2 games as I was hurt the other two games I played against NDSU. In the 1997 game at SDSU, I probably weighed approx 205 and made two tackles behind the line of scrimmage against your vaunted option attack to seal the SDSU victory. I understand if you were supposed to block me and missed. I was probably too skinny and you didn't see me. By the way, check your stats on that if you don't believe me. I believe I had somewhere around 8-10 tackles that game. I'm not one to toot my own horn, but if you're going to personally attack me, then you better bring it. You don't start 4 years at an NCC school weighing under 210 if you're a p*ssy. If you're going to attack SDSU football, then you better take a good look at our record against you in the last 10 years. In my day as the skinny linebacker for SDSU we were 2-2 against NDSU. For a school like NDSU who has been supposedly upper tier all those years, they've had a tough time dispatching a below average school like SDSU.

Alumguy
10-03-2005, 11:43 AM
sic 'em!

jackmd
10-03-2005, 04:46 PM
If you played against this 220 pound linebacker, then you'd know I was actually listed at 215 and that was about as heavy as I got. If you butted heads against me, it was for only 2 games as I was hurt the other two games I played against NDSU. In the 1997 game at SDSU, I probably weighed approx 205 and made two tackles behind the line of scrimmage against your vaunted option attack to seal the SDSU victory. I understand if you were supposed to block me and missed. I was probably too skinny and you didn't see me. By the way, check your stats on that if you don't believe me. I believe I had somewhere around 8-10 tackles that game. I'm not one to toot my own horn, but if you're going to personally attack me, then you better bring it. You don't start 4 years at an NCC school weighing under 210 if you're a p*ssy. If you're going to attack SDSU football, then you better take a good look at our record against you in the last 10 years. In my day as the skinny linebacker for SDSU we were 2-2 against NDSU. For a school like NDSU who has been supposedly upper tier all those years, they've had a tough time dispatching a below average school like SDSU.

Let me summarize for bisonman, you're a conceited bison fan and a moron.

SDSUFAN
10-03-2005, 06:08 PM
sic 'em!

Amen ;)

bisonman
10-03-2005, 08:51 PM

Well first of all I am pleased to see that you finally realize that sdsu is a "below average school." Secondly, where did this "personal attack" come from. I was not making any personal attacks in my reply. I was just stating that sdsu had some small linbackers. Actually they weren't actually that small, they just were not very aggressive. Let me put it to you this way. If you remember when the vikings had randy moss, he was constantly being double or triple covered. Likewise were our blockers consistantly blocking the core threat in a defensive, leaving, as a result, someone who we thought would not hurt or rarely make a tackle. (8 tackles- to us that was just 8 downs, which could be 8 posessions for all i remember.) sorry, i was being sarcastic. But anyway... I do agree that SDSU now that they are doing some recruiting outside of south dakota, that they are more hard hitting and exciting to watch.

MilwaukeeJacksAlum
10-04-2005, 06:20 AM
Well first of all I am pleased to see that you finally realize that sdsu is a "below average school." Secondly, where did this "personal attack" come from. I was not making any personal attacks in my reply. I was just stating that sdsu had some small linbackers. Actually they weren't actually that small, they just were not very aggressive. Let me put it to you this way. If you remember when the vikings had randy moss, he was constantly being double or triple covered. Likewise were our blockers consistantly blocking the core threat in a defensive, leaving, as a result, someone who we thought would not hurt or rarely make a tackle. (8 tackles- to us that was just 8 downs, which could be 8 posessions for all i remember.) sorry, i was being sarcastic. But anyway... I do agree that SDSU now that they are doing some recruiting outside of south dakota, that they are more hard hitting and exciting to watch.

WEAK - I'm done with you. I'm not having this conversation with the third string kicker.