No. 15 For Mav 1 (aka-MavD2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No. 15 For Mav 1 (aka-MavD2)

Congrats to Mav1 for attaining top 15 status for Rabbit posters on this board. You have brought humor, insight, and consistency to this board that has made it a more active and interesting place. You should be proud of this accomplishment. I am still working on attaining junior status and you are in the top 15. You are the man. Nice work.
    How about those Mavs today? Almost a record setting performance in scoring. We are back!!

Re: No. 15 For Mav 1 (aka-MavD2)

Originally posted by bigjake
    How about those Mavs today?  Almost a record setting performance in scoring.   We are back!!

Just wanted to give you Mavs some props, you did almost as well as Augie did against USD. You tell your team to keep working I am sure they can get to Augie's level.

USD 59 - UN0 14

USD 48 - Augie 17

Best of luck to UNO with your D-II ambitions, and best of luck getting enough fans together someday, that care enough about UNO, to have your own fan board.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Thanks for the props Big Jake. Noticed the SDSU equestrian : : team lost their first dual to add to the losing teams that SDSU has. I am sure their fans will have some excuse for the loss, like we don't have as many schollies as some of these other schools or our horses had an off day or something like that. Thank goodness for Valpo or this football team might not get a 1AA win. Good thing they scheduled Mo. Rolla or they might not get another win. But, hey they can always hang their hat on that new fancy scoreboard : :. ETA before JBNJBQ post some stupid picture smack 7 hours and counting.

Mavs#1

Comment

It looks like the Jacks still have not beat a good opponent this year.  It looks like another 6-5 year which will be one of a long list of mediocre seasons in Jackrabbit football history.

The only saving grace for Jackrabbit fans is that they don't have to face USD this year and get completely embarassed on the field. SDSU can hang their hat on that one. At least they won't lose to "South Dakota's Team".  
        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

YA Right!!!!!!!!! :-[ Wait until USD faces UND, they dont have a chance and all this hot shot offense will be put in its perspective. Logan who?????

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan
            It looks like the Jacks still have not beat a good opponent this year.  It looks like another 6-5 year which will be one of a long list of mediocre seasons in Jackrabbit football history.

The only saving grace for Jackrabbit fans is that they don't have to face USD this year and get completely embarassed on the field.  SDSU can hang their hat on that one.  At least they won't lose to "South Dakota's Team".   
            I never thought i would see the day when a USD fan would be talking smack about State's 6-5 mediocre teams.  Oh how quickly one good start to a season makes them forget how many years in a row USD has been our little b**ch on the football field.  There were a lot of those 6-5 years when we still smashed USD either at the dome or coughlin.  We just didn't hang our whole season on that one game like USD did.

Its pretty sad that the U is undefeated this year, they play the number four team in the nation who only is 2 hours from their field and thier "new rival" in Sioux Falls the heart of South Dakota for "South Dakota's Team" and they stil can't draw more than 9000 fans.  I feel bad for those coyote fans who can't come out for that one game a season against State and feel like they are coyote supporters.  Their life must feel so empty...obviously it is they are on our fan board and on their fan board (d2football.com) talking smack about us.

Best of luck to USD the rest of the season, make SD proud, but then remember to be a little humble about it.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I am suprised that a lot of people are running that much smack against the jacks fb team.  I think the fb team will ultimately succeed when they get their full compliment of scholarships.    I suspect you will go 5-6 with victories over rolla, so utah, and northern colorado. That is an avg season.  But earlier when I was reading predictions of 8-3 and 9-2 on this board I thought that was way over the top.  Kind of like me saying pat behrns will lead uno to a d2 championship.  Will never happen with his knuckleheaded play calling.  I would love to see sdsu go 6-5 and beat those fans who think their fb team is some kind of dynasty (ndsu).  That would be really funny to see that little trophy you play for stay in SD 2 straight years.  I am always for sdsu against ndsu if for no other reason than craig bohl ruined our defense down in lincoln a few years ago.  That guy was the classic  case of an "empty suit".
              Also, agree with jackrabbit79 about usd fans.  I was wearing a uno hat and after the game several usd fans were "woofing it up" at us about how it is a new era, etc and this is payback time, etc.  Give me a break - 1 time in 10 years does not make a trend.
              Despite thinking your fb team will do ok I am still convinced that you men's bb team (whichis your make or break sport) will not do well now or in the future.  Prediction - when I go to see you play the huskers in lincoln you will get beat by 25 unless the huskers get bored.  We shall see.

Comment

Nice to hear you say that bigjake.  Remember one thing about the BIG RED MACHINE though.  They are not really a meca for BB.  

I have been a Husker fan for over 35years, 10 of those paying an alum from Colorado outrageous money for his season tickets plus alum fees for football.  

Now when it comes to BB, you will see a change this year for the Rabbits.  They might not have a great record but the men atleast will be a lot more competitive.  The caliber of athlete has doubled over last years team and they are young.

Nagy will not let this team sit ideal and mediocre...you ought to know this from his years as a NCC coach.

Plus...heck I get to watch teams like Neb., Minn, Alabama, Ill. and Kentucky play them.  This year on the road but in the future right here in the RABBITDEN, I'm not complaining.

By the way who is UNO playing this year in BB?  he he ;D

Comment

If any USD fan thinks this years Coyote team ( as good as they appear to be) could beat the Jacks they are delirious! Heck the Yotes only legitimate win was against UNO and they barely beat Colorado School of Mines. I'm pulling for the Yotes to do well this year, but the arrogance after one good win is a joke!    

Comment

The Argus ran an online poll yesterday and asked "If SDSU and USD played football on a neutral site who would win?". SDSU won with over 60% of the respondents. So it seems that a majority of those that took part are smart enough to understand that I-AA is a step up from D-II.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan

The only saving grace for Jackrabbit fans is that they don't have to face USD this year and get completely embarassed on the field.  SDSU can hang their hat on that one.  At least they won't lose to "South Dakota's Team".   
                      Ignorance and a poor memory = the good thing about being a USD football fan. Reality, my friend, is a concept lost on you.
                      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                        The Argus ran an online poll yesterday and asked "If SDSU and USD played football on a neutral site who would win?".  SDSU won with over 60% of the respondents.  So it seems that a majority of those that took part are smart enough to understand that I-AA is a step up from D-II.  

Go State!  ;D
                        I thought you would have learned your lesson about online polls after the ESPN one from this summer. Not you are citing these online polls as evidence that SDSU is better. :

For the last decade or so USD has been below average and SDSU has been average. Now USD is good and SDSU is still average. The difference between I-AA and DII is not that big. The top DII teams can certainly beat a good portion of the I-AA teams.

Comment

sports_buff ... when is the last time you saw DIAA football? Let's see ... would "never" be a good answer?

I really get my ire up when I see someone post something on here and they have no clue what they are talking about. On this issue you are clueless. There is no comparison between DII football and DIAA football.

I'd suggest you don't comment on something you know absolutely nothing about because it is then, that one's ignorance really shows.

Comment

Originally posted by sports_buff

I thought you would have learned your lesson about online polls after the ESPN one from this summer.  Not you are citing these online polls as evidence that SDSU is better. :

For the last decade or so USD has been below average and SDSU has been average.  Now USD is good and SDSU is still average.  The difference between I-AA and DII is not that big.  The top DII teams can certainly beat a good portion of the I-AA teams.  

Sportsbluff

If you are so sure there is no difference between DII and DIAA than show up for the Cal Davis/Jacks game on
                            Saturday and come back on here and truthfully share your opinion. My guess is you have never seen a IAA game. It's easy for either one of us to say what would happen if SDSU and USD took the field as it's not going to happen. My guess would be a simliar outcome as the last 10 years. Clearly USD has the best team they have had in years, but SDSU who did offer to play USD in Brookings and in Sioux Falls has more talent and would prevail!

Comment

Originally posted by Alumguy
                              sports_buff ... when is the last time you saw DIAA football?  Let's see ... would "never" be a good answer?

I really get my ire up when I see someone post something on here and they have no clue what they are talking about.  On this issue you are clueless.  There is no comparison between DII football and DIAA football.  

I'd suggest you don't comment on something you know absolutely nothing about because it is then, that one's ignorance really shows.
                              Actually Alumguy, it's funny that you mention that.  The first DI-AA game I attended was in 2003.  I was visiting some of my friends out in Montana and they are always blowing about how fun the Montana games are, so I went with them to a game.  They were right too, the game was a good time.  The Montana faithful weren't not to happy with the outcome though, as a DII team from Fargo beat them on their own field.  NDSU was coming off a season where they finished last in the NCC, but that didn't stop them from winning at Montana.  
                              I haven't seen a lot of I-AA games, but I've seen enough to know.
                              So before you try to tell me how many I-AA games I've been to, just re-read the last line of your post.

Comment

Working...
                              X