USD Game Attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD Game Attendance

It is incredible what USD continues to do with respect to reporting its attendance. If you look at the permanent seating chart for the Dome it shows 6,500 available seats. How do they report a crowd of over 9,000? You can't possibly have 2,500 on the sidelines.

Why does USD continue to inflate their numbers?

Re: USD Game Attendance

Originally posted by Alumguy

Old habits are hard to break, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Alumguy
      It is incredible what USD continues to do with respect to reporting its attendance.  If you look at the permanent seating chart for the Dome it shows 6,500 available seats.  How do they report a crowd of over 9,000?  You can't possibly have 2,500 on the sidelines.  

Who had ever called them on it?  That little paper, so-called sports radio shows, and "hard-hitting" news which focuses on an overblown doppler system don't have time to expose a broken athletic program at the states 2nd largest university.  Hell, USF is the best D5 team in the nation right now and the high school hockey team in Sioux Falls might be better than their USFL basketball team.  I think maybe even the wood bat minimal league team didn't finish in last place this year.  (This is a smack board so take nothing too literally)
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

Who had ever called them on it?  That little paper, so-called sports radio shows, and "hard-hitting" news which focuses on an overblown doppler system don't have time to expose a broken athletic program at the states 2nd largest university.  Hell, USF is the best D5 team in the nation right now and the high school hockey team might be better than the USFL basketball team.  I think maybe even the wood bat league minimal league team didn't finish in last place this year.  (This is a smack board so take nothing literally)
        Literally, though, you make a good point. All it would take is one reporter asking if the attendance is a hard count or an estimate or represents tickets sold (and/or given away). I know there are terrific sports reporters in Sioux Falls. Maybe one of them will ask.

Comment

Mick Garry, Argus writer who covers the Coyotes, will not ask this question. It would ruin his love affair with the Vermillion people.

Comment

The east side permanant seats at the Dome hold 6500 and the west side bleachers 3500. Total 10,000. Some seating was lost on the west side a few years ago when the center sections of the bleachers were pushed back about half way to allow one of the teams to occupy that sideline. Both teams had used the east sideline previous. The attendance figures for DDAYS had to be close as people were sitting in the south end zone.

Comment

Originally posted by SPORTSFAN
              The east side permanant seats at the Dome hold 6500 and the west side bleachers 3500. Total 10,000. Some seating was lost on the west side a few years ago when the center sections of the bleachers were pushed back about half way to allow one of the teams to occupy that sideline. Both teams had used the east sideline previous. The attendance figures for DDAYS had to be close as people were sitting in the south end zone.
              USDSPORTSFAN,

What section at the dome are your season tickets located in?
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Was this distinguished alum at the game this weekend?  Sounds like a little bad luck with a rental car.  D&D is just a bad idea.  

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...litics/3392557

Rep. Brady says he takes 'responsibility' in arrest
                Congressman says he doesn't know how DWI case will turn out

By SAMANTHA LEVINE and CINDY HORSWELL
                Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

U.S. Rep. Kevin Brady, who was arrested on charges of drunken driving in South Dakota over the weekend, said Tuesday that he took "full responsibility for my actions."

"No one is above the law. ... I'm glad law enforcement is doing their job," the Republican from The Woodlands said in a brief statement.

Later in the day, during a visit to the East Texas community of Kountze to talk about hurricane recovery, Brady said he would not elaborate. "That is my statement," he said.

Asked if he planned to plead guilty, he replied: "I don't know how it's going to turn out."

When pressed for more information about his arrest, Brady, 50, said: "Don't get behind the wheel — that's the answer."

Brady was pulled over by a South Dakota state trooper just before midnight Friday after receiving an alumni achievement award from his alma mater, the University of South Dakota. The award was presented at a dinner where wine was served, and Brady later attended a reception with a cash bar......

Comment

Working...
                X