PDA

View Full Version : One of the differences between a DI and DII school

JBNJBQ
09-30-2005, 11:05 AM
http://gomavs.unomaha.edu/marketing/images/fb_scoreboard_big.jpg

UNO

http://cmsimg.argusleader.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=DF&Date=20050723&Category=SPORTS0202&Ar tNo=507230346&Ref=AR&Profile=1002&MaxW=260

SDSU

Just one of the many many more to come.............

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

USDSU
09-30-2005, 12:38 PM
fancy scoreboards dont win you conference titles.

JACKGUYII
09-30-2005, 12:43 PM
No. But improvement to your facilities help attract good recruits who win conference titles!

MilwaukeeJacksAlum
09-30-2005, 01:13 PM

Wow, is that ever an enlightening concept. I would forward this on to all the administrators responsible for obtaining the new scoreboard, but I don't want to burst their bubble. You see, when we made the deal for the scoreboards it was understood that at Daktronics would be providing AT LEAST 4 conference titles as part of the package. Now, you're telling me that's not going to happen. Man, are there going to be some p*ssed off people at SDSU.

I just hope bisonman/mav 1 doesn't read this revelation. I wouldn't want someone from UNO to use it as ammunition.

CatchEmAll
09-30-2005, 01:24 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/MadJack81/northscoreboard2004.jpg

You're right...a fancy scoreboard don't win you conference titles.

Mavericks#1
09-30-2005, 07:40 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/jr4311/8214.jpg

But when are you going to update your high school pressbox. One good gust of wind and this baby will end up in North Dakota. Never seen a pressbox on stilts.
I am sure coaches feel real comfortable sitting up there. :o :o :o Looks like one of those trailers that sits outside the Dakota Dome.

JBNJBQ
09-30-2005, 07:47 PM
UNO

http://ambushadventuresports.com/madcow/madcow2.gif

LOOKS LIKE THE MAVERICKS ARE HAVING A LITTLE TROUBLE RECOVERING FROM THE BUTT WHOOPING THEY TOOK FROM A LESSER SOUTH DAKOTA TEAM LAST SATURDAY!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

OK_Jackrabbit
09-30-2005, 07:59 PM
But when are you going to update you high school pressbox.
Um... yeah. High school press box. Good one. OK, so explain this state-of-the-art (in 1940) facility to me:

http://gomavs.unomaha.edu/facilities/images/sapp_wrestling.gif

We have one of those old gyms at SDSU. It was really showing its age in 1973 when we replaced it.

Mavericks#1
09-30-2005, 08:09 PM
OK Rabbitt

Great picture of us hosting the National Championships in Wrestling which by the way we won for the second straight year. I know that you will never win a National Championship again unless it is in equestrian. But that is OK because your D1 now and winning just doesn't matter anymore. By the way do you have a team with a winning record right now.

89rabbit
09-30-2005, 09:27 PM
http://gomavs.unomaha.edu/facilities/images/sapp_wrestling.gif
UNO

http://www3.sdstate.edu/ClassLibrary/Page/Images/Data/7168.jpg
SDSU

Looking at these two pictures it should be very clear to anyone why SDSU should be in D-I. If UNO's high school gym is good enough to host the D-II National Championships in anything then we should not be participating at that level. Give us a call when your UNO Mavs have won as many D-II Championships as our Jackrabbits.

SDSU 8
UNO 4

Now that the good schools have left it shouldn't take you guys more then 20 or 30 years. Best of luck to you.

Go State! ;D

OK_Jackrabbit
10-01-2005, 11:54 AM
OK Rabbitt

Great picture of us hosting the National Championships in Wrestling which by the way we won for the second straight year. I know that you will never win a National Championship again unless it is in equestrian. But that is OK because your D1 now and winning just doesn't matter anymore. By the way do you have a team with a winning record right now.
Um... you changed the subject. I asked you about your gymnasium, which supposedly is everyone's choice for the crappiest dump in the NCC.

JBNJBQ
10-01-2005, 02:59 PM
Um... you changed the subject. I asked you about your gymnasium, which supposedly is everyone's choice for the crappiest dump in the NCC.

You are right again OK_Jackrabbit!

Everyone knows that!

The UNO grounds keepers had to erect the sign below because the Omaha locals know it too.

__________________________________________________ ______________________
http://www.sign.co.za/P14.gif
__________________________________________________ ______________________

WELCOME TO SAPP FIELD HOUSE.
NO DUMPING ALLOWED!

Jacks99
10-03-2005, 02:42 PM
[quote author=Mavericks#1 link=board=Smack;num=1128103527;start=0#5 date=09/30/05 at 20:40:23

One good gust of wind and this baby will end up in North Dakota. .[/quote]

Good point. We don't get wind in SD often.

bigjake
10-03-2005, 08:00 PM
JBNJBQ, I can't figure out where you got that picture of our scoreboard. That isn't on our web site. Did you come to Omaha and take a picture of it? Your parents let you come down here to do that? I thought they had truancy laws up there in Brookings?
PS-By the way I loved your post about offending the players and watching out for players feelings, etc. I really enjoy when you jack fans start bickering with each other. It is really funny. That is my favorite part of this site.

bisonman
10-09-2005, 03:17 PM
Wow, is that ever an enlightening concept. I would forward this on to all the administrators responsible for obtaining the new scoreboard, but I don't want to burst their bubble. You see, when we made the deal for the scoreboards it was understood that at Daktronics would be providing AT LEAST 4 conference titles as part of the package. Now, you're telling me that's not going to happen. Man, are there going to be some p*ssed off people at SDSU.

I just hope bisonman/mav 1 doesn't read this revelation. I wouldn't want someone from UNO to use it as ammunition.

I just wish we could get pictures of sdsu's locker rooms and weight room. They are really sweet. How enticing for any recruit that comes to visit. Many class B high schools have better locker rooms and weight rooms than sdsu.

bisonman
10-09-2005, 03:18 PM
UNO

http://ambushadventuresports.com/madcow/madcow2.gif

LOOKS LIKE THE MAVERICKS ARE HAVING A LITTLE TROUBLE RECOVERING FROM THE BUTT WHOOPING THEY TOOK FROM A LESSER SOUTH DAKOTA TEAM LAST SATURDAY!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

you are as bad as a chick with your "cute" little pictures. Get a clue... your pics are retarded.

JackTwice
10-09-2005, 09:38 PM
Wow! Bison man drops into the sophmoric land of name calling. That is sooooooooo much cooler than posting pictures. My guess is you came here because your own people can't stand your guts or kicked you out.

water
10-12-2005, 04:32 PM
Other than Frost, most facilities at Silo Tech are sub-par. Certianly not DI caliber. Take for example their track. SDSU staff person tells me they can't even hold a meet there. It has been neglected for so long.

jackmd
10-12-2005, 04:41 PM
Other than Frost, most facilities at Silo Tech are sub-par. Certianly not DI caliber. Take for example their track. SDSU staff person tells me they can't even hold a meet there. It has been neglected for so long.

Yet again another sport that will benefit from the move to DI.

OK_Jackrabbit
10-12-2005, 05:26 PM
How many home track meets (outdoor) did USD host last year. Answer: none.

bigjake
10-12-2005, 07:49 PM
I don't know what is worse - outhouses at Coughlin or those dilapidated trailer homes outside the Dakota Dome on the USD campus. They both are bush league but IMHO the trailer homes take the prize. President Abbott- Please relocate them to the edge of town and President MIller - May we please have some real pissers on the visitors side of the stadium. The old rule of thumb for SDSU fb games as a visitor was to not eat or drink anything 3 hours prior to the game in order not to have to use those things.

wererabbit
10-12-2005, 07:54 PM
hey bigjake is the reason you dont like the outhouses because it reminds you of growing up. or the smell reminds you of omahaaa. ;D

SiouxFallsJack
10-12-2005, 08:56 PM
Hey jake, was there a reason you couldn't walk over and use the restrooms on the West side, or were you allergic to exercise? Another option would have been to wear Depends. I'm suprised someone who is as full of it as you, would have figured that out. ;D ;D

jackmd
10-13-2005, 06:35 AM
I don't know what is worse - outhouses at Coughlin or those dilapidated trailer homes outside the Dakota Dome on the USD campus. They both are bush league but IMHO the trailer homes take the prize. President Abbott- Please relocate them to the edge of town and President MIller - May we please have some real pissers on the visitors side of the stadium. The old rule of thumb for SDSU fb games as a visitor was to not eat or drink anything 3 hours prior to the game in order not to have to use those things.

#1 Taking a leak in todays modern port-a-potties is no great dilemma.

#2 Who goes #2 at a public event anyways?

Mavericks#1
10-13-2005, 08:06 AM
Hey jake, was there a reason you couldn't walk over and use the restrooms on the West side, or were you allergic to exercise?

Only problem with that is that the trailer on stilts that you call a pressbox might collapse and come tumbling at me. I don't even bother using the outhouse, I just urinate on the stadium since that is what I think of it . That is what you hillbilly's do anyway isn't it?

wererabbit
10-13-2005, 08:16 AM
when i moved to brookings area many years ago i was going to haul my own garbage to the landfill. I could not find it so i asked a local where to find it . He told me just to follow the stink 3 hours later i was in omaha. true story ;D

jackmd
10-13-2005, 09:14 AM
when i moved to brookings area many years ago i was going to haul my own garbage to the landfill. I could not find it so i asked a local where to find it . He told me just to follow the stink 3 hours later i was in omaha. true story ;D

Its amazing that the stench from Omaha can overcome the stench in Sioux City (which is impressive in its own right), but it does. Now I know who 2 of the biggest contributors are. Congrats to Maverstink and smelly bj. UNO even stunk up Duluth last week and the huskers "fumbled" it away/pissed it down there leg. You guys from Omaha suck.

JBNJBQ
10-14-2005, 04:36 AM
I don't even bother using the outhouse, I just urinate on the stadium

Finally we know why Omaha stinks:

http://www.hobotraveler.com/137hampi03/0066.JPG

Way to go Mavs#dII

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

MilwaukeeJacksAlum
10-14-2005, 06:37 AM
Only problem with that is that the trailer on stilts that you call a pressbox might collapse and come tumbling at me. I don't even bother using the outhouse, I just urinate on the stadium since that is what I think of it . That is what you hillbilly's do anyway isn't it?

As you can see by the picture, if something were to go wrong with our press box, the multitude of fans in attendence could just catch it and lay it down on the ground. I know you're probably confused as to what all those colored things are in the seats at the stadium. They're fans watching the Jacks. I understand your confusion. I've played in front of the concrete fans at UNO.

wererabbit
10-14-2005, 09:01 AM
This is what i was told the reason for the pressbox being built on stilts.Many years ago during the dII days SDSU had built a nice press box. It had to be changed for two reasons. #1 our SDSU fans could not stand the stink of uno coaches in the box. #2 the uno coaches only felt comfortable in something shaped like a trailer. ;D

bigjake
10-14-2005, 04:14 PM
In a lot of ways that press box is perfect for sdsu. The luxury boxes in there are just big enough to hold the one or two big boosters (that includes 89rabbit) that prop up rabbit nation. You can take unbelievable pride in that band below the press box but what is above the band is a flat out disgrace.
Well, even if UNO is not liked by people on this board at least we know we have most people's support on this site when we play your former nemesis in USD.

Mavericks#1
10-15-2005, 04:06 AM
Speaking of USD they had a nice writeup in USA Today about their upcoming game. Appears your little brother is getting more national pub than you are.I guess just because they throw a pretty dress and some lipstick on you and call you D1AA doesn't mean you will get more national pub. Our medicore season this year for the Mavericks is painful to go through. How have you rabbitt fans endured the past 42 years of being medicore?

filbert
10-15-2005, 07:06 AM
Go, USD!

Beat UNO again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again!!!!

Signed: The yellow and blue

1bunnies
10-15-2005, 07:15 AM
Mav#1. Your spelling is mediocre. You must have been on the (deen's) list at UNO.

Mavericks#1
10-15-2005, 10:56 AM
1bunny,

Those hooked-on-phonics tapes really payed off for you. I can tell you are a huge rabbitt fan since your first post was used to correct my spelling

jackrabbit1979
10-15-2005, 12:48 PM
it's homecoming in Omaha for UNO and Mav's 1 is our fan board running smack.

How sad is that... ???...go support your team.

OK_Jackrabbit
10-16-2005, 05:26 AM
it's homecoming in Omaha for UNO and Mav's 1 is our fan board running smack.

How sad is that... ???...go support your team.
And a whopping 4,900 fans turned up for UNO's homecoming game. Hmmm. 4,900. What a nice round number.

JBNJBQ
10-16-2005, 11:23 AM
And a whopping 4,900 fans turned up for UNO's homecoming game. Hmmm. 4,900. What a nice round number.

They don't use turn-styles at uno.

They do a hand count.

http://www.ruggedelegantliving.com/a/images/six.fingers.hand.jpg

Since they hired the guy from Georgia, their attendance numbers have been 20% higher.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

1bunnies
10-16-2005, 03:30 PM
Mav #1,

Pretty weak. 1st post or not, I just pointed out the obvious and all you could come up with was "hooked on phonics". Very weak, just like UNO athletics.

filbert
10-16-2005, 03:39 PM
1bunny,

Those hooked-on-phonics tapes really payed off for you. I can tell you are a huge rabbitt fan since your first post was used to correct my spelling

Since we're just going nuts here . . .

"paid" not "payed", also "rabbit" has only one "t"

(Also, my comma above should more correctly be inside the quotation marks, not outside, but hey! I'm an old programmer, so there)