X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the differences between a DI and DII school

UNO

SDSU

Just one of the many many more to come.............

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Re: One of the differences between a DI and DII sc

fancy scoreboards dont win you conference titles.

Comment

No. But improvement to your facilities help attract good recruits who win conference titles!

Comment

Originally posted by USDSU
        Wow, is that ever an enlightening concept. I would forward this on to all the administrators responsible for obtaining the new scoreboard, but I don't want to burst their bubble. You see, when we made the deal for the scoreboards it was understood that at Daktronics would be providing AT LEAST 4 conference titles as part of the package. Now, you're telling me that's not going to happen. Man, are there going to be some p*ssed off people at SDSU.

I just hope bisonman/mav 1 doesn't read this revelation. I wouldn't want someone from UNO to use it as ammunition.
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by USDSU

You're right...a fancy scoreboard don't win you conference titles.
          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

But when are you going to update your high school pressbox. One good gust of wind and this baby will end up in North Dakota. Never seen a pressbox on stilts.
            I am sure coaches feel real comfortable sitting up there.    Looks like one of those trailers that sits outside the Dakota Dome.

Comment

UNO

LOOKS LIKE THE MAVERICKS ARE HAVING A LITTLE TROUBLE RECOVERING FROM THE BUTT WHOOPING THEY TOOK FROM A LESSER SOUTH DAKOTA TEAM LAST SATURDAY!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
                But when are you going to update you high school pressbox.
                Um... yeah. High school press box. Good one. OK, so explain this state-of-the-art (in 1940) facility to me:

We have one of those old gyms at SDSU. It was really showing its age in 1973 when we replaced it.

Comment

OK Rabbitt

Great picture of us hosting the National Championships in Wrestling which by the way we won for the second straight year. I know that you will never win a National Championship again unless it is in equestrian. But that is OK because your D1 now and winning just doesn't matter anymore. By the way do you have a team with a winning record right now.

Comment

UNO

SDSU

Looking at these two pictures it should be very clear to anyone why SDSU should be in D-I. If UNO's high school gym is good enough to host the D-II National Championships in anything then we should not be participating at that level. Give us a call when your UNO Mavs have won as many D-II Championships as our Jackrabbits.

SDSU 8
                    UNO 4

Now that the good schools have left it shouldn't take you guys more then 20 or 30 years. Best of luck to you.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
                      OK Rabbitt

Great picture of us hosting the National Championships in Wrestling which by the way we won for the second straight year. I know that you will never win a National Championship again unless it is in equestrian. But that is OK because your D1 now and winning just doesn't matter anymore. By the way do you have a team with a winning record right now.
                      Um... you changed the subject. I asked you about your gymnasium, which supposedly is everyone's choice for the crappiest dump in the NCC.

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
                        Um... you changed the subject. I asked you about your gymnasium, which supposedly is everyone's choice for the crappiest dump in the NCC.

You are right again OK_Jackrabbit!

Everyone knows that!

The UNO grounds keepers had to erect the sign below because the Omaha locals know it too.

__________________________________________________ ______________________

__________________________________________________ ______________________

WELCOME TO SAPP FIELD HOUSE.
                        NO DUMPING ALLOWED!

Comment

[quote author=Mavericks#1 link=board=Smack;num=1128103527;start=0#5 date=09/30/05 at 20:40:23

One good gust of wind and this baby will end up in North Dakota. .[/quote]

Good point. We don't get wind in SD often.

Comment

JBNJBQ, I can't figure out where you got that picture of our scoreboard.  That isn't on our web site.  Did you come to Omaha and take a picture of it?  Your parents let you come down here to do that?  I thought they had truancy laws up there in Brookings?  
                            PS-By the way I loved your post about offending the players and watching out for players feelings, etc. I really enjoy when you jack fans start bickering with each other. It is really funny. That is my favorite part of this site.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum

Wow, is that ever an enlightening concept.  I would forward this on to all the administrators responsible for obtaining the new scoreboard, but I don't want to burst their bubble.  You see, when we made the deal for the scoreboards it was understood that at Daktronics would be providing AT LEAST 4 conference titles as part of the package.  Now, you're telling me that's not going to happen.  Man, are there going to be some p*ssed off people at SDSU.

I just hope bisonman/mav 1 doesn't read this revelation.  I wouldn't want someone from UNO to use it as ammunition.
                              I just wish we could get pictures of sdsu's locker rooms and weight room. They are really sweet. How enticing for any recruit that comes to visit. Many class B high schools have better locker rooms and weight rooms than sdsu.

Comment

Working...
                              X