Congrats to Mavs1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to Mavs1

Mav1,  Congrats on your continued posting excellence.  I noticed you just celebrated your year and a half anniversary on this site.  On behalf of all the posters let me take the liberty to say what an outstanding job you are doing and what an asset you are to this board.  Good job!!  Hopefully with a lot of hard work and persistence I will eventually make it to the esteemed junior class you are a member of.  Kudos!!

Re: Congrats to Mavs1

I'm glad to have Mavs and BigJake here. They keep our smack board hopping. Think how dull this section of the board would be without them to kick around.

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
      I'm glad to have Mavs and BigJake here. They keep our smack board hopping. Think how dull this section of the board would be without them to kick around.
      You, my friend, have a very good point.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
        Mav1,  Congrats on your continued posting excellence.  I noticed you just celebrated your year and a half anniversary on this site.  On behalf of all the posters let me take the liberty to say what an outstanding job you are doing and what an asset you are to this board.  Good job!!  Hopefully with a lot of hard work and persistence I will eventually make it to the esteemed junior class you are a member of.  Kudos!!

Mav and bj aren't worth much but what can be gleaned from their punch lines and rants is some perspective. Think about where we are and then think about where they are. Puts a smile on my face. Without the less fortunate you can't appreciate your own fortune.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake

Right back at you Big Jake. Only five more posts and you too will be a junior. Like it or not these people would not have a smack board without us. These people talk about how glad they are where they are currently at. How can you be glad when none of your teams have a winning record? Now that the Astro's and the White Sox are in the series your football team joins the Cubs as the lovable losers whose favorite saying is wait till next year.
          Many of these posters remind me of Steve Bartman. You know that nerdy guy who sat in the first row and muffed the ball that Alou could have caught. Got to go so I can go buy tickets to our D1 hockey team that does have a winning record and a win over a top ten team.

Mavs#1

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
            How can you be glad when none of your teams have a winning record?
            Do I have to drag out the graduation rates again?

Your sig says that UNO is where they care about winning. I suggest they pay some attention to graduating some student athletes now and then. Our student athletes are competing well at a higher level, and graduating at a higher rate. What's wrong with that?

Comment

bigjake and mav1 i guess i owe you two an apology for some slams on you and omaha. i was looking up on the internet about omaha and found a lot of neat things about your town. here are some of the cool stuff in your town    General dodge house , railroad house, loess hills, railwest museum, trails museum, Lewis and clark museum . The police department even have reported less crime in your town than i thought there was. less crackhouses also .....................................WAIT A MINUTE..........Sorry never mind all of what i just said i was looking at COUNCIL BLUFFS by mistake. ;D

Comment

Working...
              X