Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come your brother gets more respect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come your brother gets more respect?

I noticed that NDSU is ranked in the top 25 and SDSU is not even in the receiving votes section. They have only one more win than you and you played Cal Poly closer than they did. I do believe they are better than you and will take back the Marker if it is still around, but there is not that big of a gap between the two teams. Like it or not I think your history of being average and their winning tradition plays a part in it. Reaction???

Mavs #1

Re: How come your brother gets more respect?

We played Poly at home, and they had them on the road. Plus, they have beaten some established 1AA teams this year, Weber State, Northwestern, La. and Nicholls State. I don't feel like we're being slighted. And we do get a shot at them, albeit in a very tough place to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
      I noticed that NDSU is ranked in the top 25 and SDSU is not even in the receiving votes section. They have only one more win than you and you played Cal Poly closer than they did. I do believe they are better than you and will take back the Marker if it is still around, but there is not that big of a gap between the two teams. Like it or not I think your history of being average and their winning tradition plays a part in it.  Reaction???

Mavs #1
      I don't think SDSU or NDSU are top 25 teams at the IAA level. NDSU has beaten better teams this year and therefore some voters are showing them respect. Big picture, it doesn't matter.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Brother Mav1, It is hard to earn a lot of respect when you take one week off for hunting deer or whatever they shoot at up there and then follow it up with arguably the worst d2 fb team of all time in MO Rolla. You people have played a nice schedule thus far but to stoop to Rolla is insulting to your fans who have to spend their hard earned money up there. Try an ncc or a good miaa team before that garbage. If I lived in Brookings I would still go and maybe even SF but not more than an hour to see that joke of a program. That would be like UNO deciding to drop down a level and go play Tommy Frazier's Doane squad. We just won't stoop that low and you shouldn't either. We at least stay in our own division.
        Msg to 89 - this game does not even merit a game thread this saturday. I don't care how many hobos you elect this saturday - it just isn't worth going to a game like that. I suspect the same thinking is going on in Lexington where KY fans are pondering why the heck they are playing san diego st univ. Wait til you arrive and they find out it is even worse in south dakota state.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
          I noticed that NDSU is ranked in the top 25 and SDSU is not even in the receiving votes section. They have only one more win than you and you played Cal Poly closer than they did. I do believe they are better than you and will take back the Marker if it is still around, but there is not that big of a gap between the two teams. Like it or not I think your history of being average and their winning tradition plays a part in it.  Reaction??? Mavs #1

I think you maybe part right but has more to do with their winning tradition . We have received votes in polls this season. No big deal, we making our mark and time will level the playing field. Remember they were ranked high early which I thought was weird in year two, but good for them.

Comment

PMS much bigjake chill out man . i dont like the fact we are not playing in our level but there must be a reason.Calm down or dont wear so tight of underwear. or > wichever you prefer.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
              Brother Mav1,  It is hard to earn a lot of respect when you take one week off for hunting deer or whatever they shoot at up there and then follow it up with arguably the worst d2 fb team of all time in MO Rolla.  You people have played a nice schedule thus far but to stoop to Rolla is insulting to your fans who have to spend their hard earned money up there. Try an ncc or a good miaa team before that garbage. If I lived in Brookings I would still go and maybe even SF but not more than an hour to see that joke of a program.  That would be like UNO deciding to drop down a level and go play Tommy Frazier's Doane squad.  We just won't stoop that low and you shouldn't either.  We at least stay in our own division.
              Msg to 89 - this game does not even merit a game thread this saturday.   I don't care how many hobos you elect this saturday - it just isn't worth going to a game like that.  I suspect the same thinking is going on in Lexington where KY fans are pondering why the heck they are playing san diego st univ.  Wait til you arrive and they find out it is even worse in south dakota state.
              bj gets ****y when he's been drinking the home brew.  Must have started late yesterday.  He's usually passed out by 7 pm.

Good luck to Peru St., Panhandle St., Upper Nebraska or whoever plays "The Mavs" this weekend.  I think some team from Canada beat them "Mavs" earlier this year.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I'm not going to argue that Rolla is some great opponent. We'd all prefer that it was somebody more formidable, I'm sure.

But I don't think anyone who has played Oklahoma Panhandle State this year should be bragging about strength of schedule.

And we'll still have 10,000+ at the game, no matter who is the opponent. How many came to UNO's homecoming game? Was that 4,500?

Comment

No disrespect meant towards m rolla. I just think we need to stay in I-AA and play only these teams to seperate ourselves from div2.I do understand that with all the changes you schedule what you can find that is open. I still am excited about saturday though.GO JACKS

Comment

Originally posted by were-rabbit
                    No disrespect meant towards  m rolla. I just think we need to stay in I-AA and play only these teams to seperate ourselves from div2.I do understand that with all the changes you schedule what you can find that is open. I still am excited about saturday though.GO JACKS
                    Were in the 2nd year of a trasition period. Its hard to schedule nonconference IAA teams in SD. We've got Georgia Southern coming to town. Be patient and try to understand the transition process before complaining too loudly. People complained about Valpo a DI team with "non-scholarship" FB.

As the spin on old Abe's quote goes:

You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Comment

Yes i do realize we are in 2nd year of change .That doesnt mean i have to like the jacks playing div 2 or div3 . I will be more patient and i do realize that div 2 may be on the schedule next year.I still will go and enjoy the games.

Comment

I typed up a long response to our Omaha friends, but then thought "nah, I'll wait to respond to them when they actually have something intelligent and coherent to say."

Could be a long wait.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

filbert i can only hope to someday achieve your smack level. I applaud you and enjoy it .Thanks still laughing 10 minutes later.

Comment

Thanks, but I give all the credit to BJ and M#1. They make it easy.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by were-rabbit
                              Thanks still laughing 10 minutes later.

Were Rabbit,

You must have been that kid in school that giggled at everything. I have never met a computer programmer that was funny. They are keyboard jockey's that have very few social skills. They are at home in their cubicle where interaction with people is rare. Funny... I don't think so.

Mavs#1

Comment

Working...
                              X