Football Attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Attendance

There has been a lot of talk about football attendance lately with people telling us what they "think" it means, but I had not run across any facts so I thought I would look them up.  The D-II schools have completed their regular seasons while the D-I schools continue on.

Home attendance to date:

SDSU

53,896 - Avg. per game of 7,699

USD

45,587 - Avg. per game of 7,598

UNO

29,900 - Avg. per game of 4,983

These figures were taken from each school's web site.  This of course opens up the question of how each school account for their attendance (lots of round numbers at USD and UNO), but setting that aside for now SDSU has the largest turnout in terms of total numbers (with one game to go) and the highest Avg. turnout per game.  Just thought we might enjoy the facts.

Go State!  ;D

Re: Football Attendance

89, did you include or exclude the game at Sioux Falls in SDSU's numbers? Just curious at to if the total is CAS games only.
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

CatchEm,

That number includes UC-Davis at Howard Wood:

SDSU:

http://gojacks.sdstate.edu/fbstats2005.htm

USD:

http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/foo...mp;SEASON=2005

UNO:

http://gomavs.unomaha.edu/archived_s...5/teamcume.htm

SDSU had 7,239 at the UC-Davis home game that was played at Howard Wood Field. So if you took that game out of the mix the Avg. for only CAS games would be 7,776. Not much of a change, a net avg. gain of 77.

Go State! ;D

Comment

The SUU attendence was another pathetic showing, but less a surprise based on the GSA game. I wonder if the Jacks beat NDSU and have a chance to win a share of the conference by beating UNC in the final game of the year how many will show up?

Comment

Considering what the weather is usually like our last game of the year, I wouldn't expect much more than 3500 people at the UNC game. I hope the weather holds on for one more week and we are playing for a conference title. If that's the case, maybe we could edge closer to 4500-5000.
          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Its a shame we are talking these low numbers, but I fear they may be correct. Lets hope it is for a conference championship.

Comment

Because of the unpredictable staus of our weather here in Souith Dakota in November, I guess one thought would be to schedule a couple of our AWAY games then.
              Our attendance drops drastically after Hobo Day. Go State.

Comment

The other thing that bothers me about our late season attendence slump is how it affects recruiting. Players now only want to play for a winner with good facilities but in front of a packed stadium.

Comment

Working...
                X