Is NDSU the "Nebraska" of DIAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is NDSU the "Nebraska" of DIAA

NDSU fans seem to think their distant storied past entitles them to continued respect despite any facts to the contrary. I hate UND fans but I think I understand some of their beef when it comes to the Bison faithful.

Facts:
    NDSU has won 8 titles in their respective division, impressive.
    Last title 1990. Thats almost 20 years ago.

NDSU has an impressive post-season record.
    They have made the playoffs only 4 times in the last 12 years (better than SDSU but nothing to boast about).

SDSU has taken 2 of the last 3 against the Bison. (Both were at CAS)

My point being, NDSU has earned respect based primarily on past performance, great play in the dome, and tooting their own horn. None of that matters Saturday except the dome and this SDSU team will not be phased.

NU fans didn't see Kansas coming and I don't think NDSU fans see SDSU coming. Maybe they do and their just afraid to admit it.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Is NDSU the "Nebraska" of DIAA

Originally posted by jackmd
    NU fans didn't see Kansas coming and I don't think NDSU fans see SDSU coming.  Maybe they do and their just afraid to admit it.

I hope you're right and I truly believe we win this game. Winning up there will definitely open up many eyes across the country about how good our team really is. As an added bonus, the win will go a long way to making the SDSU/NDSU rivalry a legit rivalry. Simply put, we need to win this game for many for legitimacy. A win this weekend will be a kick in the teeth for those who have no idea how much our program has grown in the past 3 seasons.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Please don't compare us to Kansas :-[

Rather use Texas Tech!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99
        Please don't compare us to Kansas :-[

Rather use Texas Tech!!  
        Our current streak in the Fargodome resembles Kansas' difficulties regardless of locale.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Couldn't be said any better. Those arrogant sons of .......... GO JACKS!!!!

Comment

They may have been the Nebraska of Division II. They have a storied tradition in football that this Jackrabbit fan would love to have. You have to admire their program for the support that they get.

That being said, I love where we are heading as well. I figured that football would be the toughest sport to compete in after making the jump to D-I. It's been a smooth transition and we have been able to compete at a higher level than we were in D-II.
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
            X