1881? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1881? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Real nice crowd. Glad to see that rabbit pride out in full force. Only 82 more fans and that would have given you 1963. How ironic would that have been. Hey another great 6-5 season. You can add that to the other 50 years that you have had that same record. UNO did have a rough weekend no doubt but our womens soccer program is headed to the final four for the third straight year. We did have 2,500 more football fans that gave a rip about our game than you did for yours.

Nice win by your womens b-ball team. You guys fall back on that team more than OJ did reminding us that the glove just didn't fit. Maybe your womens b-ball team can stay D-1 and the rest of the programs can come back to D2 where they belong. I can tell that where your fans want you, because they obviously don't care about you being D1.

Maybe you should just call all your games Hobo Days. I thought rabbits were the animals that you could throw a couple together and next thing you know you had 10,000. Guess that is not the case with you guys. 89 Robbins will probably be up all night trying to convince us that rabbit fans really do care. Next thing we will know is that 89 Robbins will tell us that 10,000 of your football fans were disguised as empty seats. Nice Try : :  By the way your D1 wrestling program was on our campus watching a real wrestling program that is going after it third straight national title.

Mavs #1

Re: 1881? ? ? ? ? ? ?

2005 Home Football Attendance

SDSU

55,777 - 8 Home Games - Avg. per game 6,972

UNO

34,254 - 7 Home Games - Avg. per game 4,894

Bottom line 21,523 more people watched Jackrabbit football then watched UNO football during the 2005 football season.  

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Mav your going to lose this one too. Our Div I wrestling program was there but not as an official team. They wrestled in two different divisions.

Remember, most of these early tournaments have the under 20 div.

Yes, you will have a great program this year...you normally do. This YOUNG, I say again YOUNG SDSU squad is very talented, they will mature and be wrestling the best talent in the nation while the mighty loner calves waste away in DIVII.

It would be nice to see our wrestlers against yours in a year or so, then you will see the difference in the two types of recruting. Yes, in a year or so, we are made up of mostly new recruits, not a lot of seasoned veterans.

I would give you the edge this year, possibly next year but after that there will be no comparison.

As far as us falling back on our WBB program, we never fall back on them...read the thousands of post regarding them, this is not a fall back. We care about all of our sports programs here...mens & womens. Take a look at our over all attendance figures for mens and womens BB. Great following for both (minus last years first year of transition), the numbers are already up for this year and we havent even hit full stride yet.

Talking about attendance figures, the last post put a exclamation point on that one as far as football.

Mav. you are what we like to call a dream weaver. You dream so much wishing that things were true that in your mind they become true.

Take off the glasses, put down the butchers knife, put down the pipe, step out of that van down by the river and realise you are still in the real world...WE ARE A DIV. I program now and your mighty calves are still in the WATERED DOWN (soon to be flooded) DIV. II.

Some nice little sayings from the late 80's and early 90's will wrap this up;

"Big dogs attack, puppies growl." You feel me? "If you want to play with the big boys you got to get off of the porch!"

"You feel froggy? Then jump!"

GO JACKS!

Comment

I didn't read his post, but I assume Mavs is referring to the year SDSU was founded. Yes, Mavs, SDSU was founded in 1881 and will celebrate its 125th birthday next year. Thanks for bringing it up. I appreciate your interest in SDSU history. I think UNO was founded in 1908, which means its 100th birthday is coming up before long.

Comment

1,881 was the announced attendance for last Saturday's game.

Comment

Originally posted by Alumguy
            1,881 was the announced attendance for last Saturday's game.
            I was being a smart-aleck... Sometimes when we don't like the subject of a Smack thread, we steer it away from the topic to something else or hijack it. Sometimes it's pie recipes or Thanksgiving pie preferences. Sometimes we pretend not to understand the original post. The idea is to show disdain for the topic.

Comment

I like cheese

Comment

Originally posted by were-rabbit
                I like cheese
                That's the spirit!

Comment

I like cheese too!! A good gouda cheese on a cracker.

I like pickeled herring also, in case you were interested.

Go State ;D ;D ;D
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Is that like lutefisk :-[ :-[

Comment

My sister was bitten by a moose once . . .

/MontyPython
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Lately I can't get enough Pepper Jack on Triscuits. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Comment

Monkeys are funny.

Comment

If I hold my breath too long, my head hurts.
                            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
                              If I hold my breath too long, my head hurts.
                              Funny, if I hold my head too long, my arms hurt.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X