South Dakotan's ain't verry smarrtt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Dakotan's ain't verry smarrtt

Looks like you are eating our dust again. I have heard that when you cross into South Dakota from Nebraska that your IQ gets cut in half. Keep hitting those books hillbillies and maybe someday you can be like us.

Mavs#1

States Ranked: Smart to Dumb
    The smartest state is Vermont. The dumbest is Arizona.

These are the 2005-2006 findings of the Education State Rankings, a survey by Morgan Quitno Press of hundreds of public school systems in all 50 states. States were graded on 21 factors, including student achievement and attendance, positive outcomes, strong student-teacher relationships and school district efficiency. Other factors are the number of high school graduates, reading, writing and math proficiency, percent of school-age kids in public schools, high school drop out rates, student-teacher ratios and class size.

"The Smartest State Award recognizes those states that are committed to students and teachers, emphasize excellence in the classroom and ensure that public elementary and secondary schools are efficiently-run," said Scott Morgan, president of Morgan Quitno Press. "Vermont shines in many key areas of education. A high percentage of its students excel in reading, writing and math. In addition, schools in Vermont have smaller class sizes and lower pupil-teacher ratios than in most other states."

They're doing something right in New England. Massachusetts was designated the smartest state by Morgan Quitno Press the previous two years, and New England states dominate four of the five top slots this year.

The losers are Arizona, Mississippi, New Mexico, Nevada, California, Louisiana, Alaska, Alabama, Hawaii and Tennessee.

How does YOUR state rank?

1. Vermont
    2. Connecticut
    3. Massachusetts
    4. New Jersey
    5. Maine
    6. Minnesota
    7. Virginia
    8. Wisconsin
    9. Montana
    10. New York

11. Pennsylvania
    12. Nebraska
    13. Kansas
    14. Iowa
    15. New Hampshire
    16. Rhode Island
    17. Wyoming
    18. South Dakota
    19. Maryland
    20. North Dakota

21. Missouri
    22. North Carolina
    23. Colorado
    24. Texas
    25. Delaware
    26. Indiana
    27. Michigan
    28. Idaho
    29. South Carolina
    30. Washington

31. Ohio
    32. Illinois
    33. Utah
    34. West Virginia
    35. Kentucky
    36. Florida
    37. Arkansas
    38. Oregon
    39. Oklahoma
    40. Georgia

41. Tennessee
    42. Hawaii
    43. Alabama
    44. Alaska
    45. Louisiana
    46. California
    47. Nevada
    48. New Mexico
    49. Mississippi
    50. Arizona

Re: South Dakotan's ain't verry smarrtt

You must have a stuck 'r' on your keyboard.

Comment

Mavman AKA Mavericks No 1. has done it again, so what else is new. Here is what he replied over on D2Football.com when asked by Herdman if UNO was going D1AA:

Herdman, I guess we could go d1 if we wanted to do it on the fly like sdsu does without money or scholarships in place. No league or hope for a league in the at least the near future and yet they are trying it. I do think UNO could find a league a much easier than the dakotas bc of our metro area and location we would be attractive to some leagues.
      But on the other hand our attendance is really down in fb and our money sport hockey is also hurting especially with a new pro hockey team in omaha. So there are some serious money problems we would face and currently do face in our athletic dept. I know we have some rich boosters but I seriously doubt they would step forward to fund this move. Over the past few years I have heard several Husker athletic guys asked what they thought of uno going d1aa in fb and they thought it was fine. The husker thing is a a non issue - if they really had to worry about uno stealing their recruits then they have bigger problems than I thought they do. We are not going to be going after the kind of players the huskers are. If the ncc does implode I would like to go to the miaa and then maybe go d1 five or ten years later when we are in a position to do it the right way.
      I never thought unc, ndsu, and sdsu would go but they all did their studies and despite some of the findings they left. I believe UND will do the same thing. I really don't even know why they waste their money doing their findings. They probably have their mind made up right now.
      I think schools see D1 as an opportunity to increase fund raising and raise alumni interest, and recruit students and raise research dollars. Also, they hold out the hope of getting big paydays in fb playing the occasional d1 big time opponent and getting hammered but getting their 300k payout at least from the huskers. Also, they hold out hope of getting a good league that gets a nice payout from the ncaa bb tourney. I went to an naia college and never considered whether a school was d1 in my college choice but apparently some kids think that stuff must be important. End of Quote.

Are there comments that surprise any one on this board? ??? ??? ???

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN
        Mavman AKA Mavericks No 1. has done it again, so what else is new.  Here is what he replied over on D2Football.com when asked by Herdman if UNO was going D1AA:

I went to an naia college and never considered whether a school was d1 in my college choice but apparently some kids think that stuff must be important. End of Quote.
        So Mav D-II is actually Mav NAIA.

Go State! ;D

Comment

I thought Mavs#1 was "UNO Rules" on that board. UNO Rules uses the same photobucket site for his avatar as Mavs#1 on our site (jr4311). I see that UNO Rules has 250 cumulative posts and Mavman has 377. If he has two users on that board, he's a very busy man.

You might recall that he got in trouble here for having two users, when he masqueraded as Josh Mueller. But there's a difference between posting a couple of messages as a second user, and establishing two users with hundreds of posts for each identity in a year. I think it's doubtful that he's both mavman and uno rules on that site.

I also read a bunch of Mavman's posts, and they don't really sound like Mavs#1. If he's both of those people, he must be suffering from multiple personality disorder. Absent any evidence that he is both of those people, I'm going to take him at his word when he says he's UNO Rules but not Mavman on d2football.com.

Whoever he is, though, mavman is a delusional dope.

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
            I thought Mavs#1 was "UNO Rules" on that board. UNO Rules uses the same photobucket site for his avatar as Mavs#1 on our site (jr4311). I see that UNO Rules has 250 cumulative posts and Mavman has 377. If he has two users on that board, he's a very busy man.

You might recall that he got in trouble here for having two users, when he masqueraded as Josh Mueller. But there's a difference between posting a couple of messages as a second user, and establishing two users with hundreds of posts for each identity in a year. I think it's doubtful that he's both mavman and uno rules on that site.

I also read a bunch of Mavman's posts, and they don't really sound like Mavs#1. If he's both of those people, he must be suffering from multiple personality disorder. Absent any evidence that he is both of those people, I'm going to take him at his word when he says he's UNO Rules but not Mavman on d2football.com.

I would say it is far more likely, based on circumstantial evidence, that Mavman is Big Jake. Not that I care mind you, but this quote from our board seems to share some similarities to the one that SDSUFAN posted.

Originally posted by bigjake
            I can see und joining you in your quest for d1 greatness but not UNO.
            1. We are currently experiencing $ hard times in our athletic dept and both fb and hockey have attendance problems
            2. We have a new AD who seems like a real status quo guy who doesn't seem like the kind of guy (like our last AD) who was very good at going out and getting money to do things. This one seems quite averse to that. We have some very wealthy donors who are quite capable of stepping up to do that if they wanted to but I doubt they do.
            3. There seems to be more of a move to get hockey going in the right direction financially before we try something else like D1. With a new pro hockey team in omaha we have our work cut out for us with just hockey
            4. Also, this Husker issue is just not that big of an issue. I have heard that question asked to several husker officials on radio shows and they all just shrugged it off as no big deal. They won't be competing for the same players we are and if they are they have bigger problems than I think they do.
            5. I would put it at 75 percent that we would join the MIAA and 25 percent that we would go d1. Join the MIAA and continue to think about d1 for five or ten years. I know these dakota schools are in a huge hurry to make this move but really what is the rush. So what if we are five or ten years behind you. D1 is not closing down and isn't going anywhere and if we decide to make a move it should be on our terms and not forced by what other schools are doing.
            But I believe that UND is probably gone and I would like uno and usd to join the miaa and then they could split that league into 2 divisions. Having grown up around KC and gone to a lot of cmsu games that is a fun league.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit

I would say it is far more likely, based on circumstantial evidence, that  Mavman is Big Jake.

Great detective work there Barnaby Jones : :. Maybe 18th place in the rankings was being too kind to you folks. For people that are trying to put D2 behind them , you sure seem to spend a lot of time on their boards. For the last time I am UNO rules and mavman is Big Jake. Now.. do you feel better. So put away your little detective bags and quit watching reruns of Kojak and try and figure out why your comparing your attendence numbers to ours and not Creighton or Nebraska's??

Mavs#1

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1

Great detective work there Barnaby Jones : :. Maybe 18th place in the rankings was being too kind to you folks. For people that are trying to put D2 behind them , you sure seem to  spend a lot of time on their boards. For the last time I am UNO rules and mavman is Big Jake. Now.. do you feel better.  So put away your little detective bags and quit watching reruns of Kojak and try and figure out why your comparing your attendence numbers to ours and not Creighton or Nebraska's??

Mavs#1
                We still haven't gotten to the bottom of the repeating "r" on your keyboard.

Comment

Well Mav, right back at ya!!!! Why do you and little jake (now that we know he is a naia boy), spend so much time on this Div. I site? Dreamers will always be dreamers and doers will always be does. :'(

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit

I asked Mav No 1 if he was UNO Rules over on D2 and he said he was Mavman. I think he is both of these people. I have never had anyone from out of state make reference to South Dakotan's as hillbillies and the Mavman, uno rules, Mav no 1, and big Jake have all made this slur on occasions so yes, I think all these handles belong to one person.

Comment

I asked Mav No 1 if he was UNO Rules over on D2 and he said he was Mavman. I think he is both of these people. I have never had anyone from out of state make reference to South Dakotan's as hillbillies and the Mavman, uno rules, Mav no 1, and big Jake have all made this slur on occasions so yes, I think all these handles belong to one person.
                      Not that it really matters or that I really care, but, imo they are two different people.

Comment

I am Mavman. The only people who are dilusional on this site are those people who think you are going to beat Nebraska in basketball. The huskers are really improving and by the time Dec8th comes around Coach Nagy and his fledgling D1 squad will be so demoralized that they will have a very hard time competing. That sounds more realistic than dilusional.
                        Also, congratulations on 2200 at the game. Sure the students were gone but there are 10k people or so who live in Brookings and another 125k who live in SF who could have gone to the game. They chose not to - I wonder why. I know uno doesn't draw well - that is why we are NOT going D1 and chose not to go. Just who is the one who dilusional - it is not us.
                        I can't get on S Dakota too much though for their lack of academics. It was South Dakota who saved our beloved state treasure (patrick duell of valentine) who was just about at death's door last yr. That surgical procedure saved that overweight man and gave him another chance at life and some more fine meals. For that the good people of Ne say thank you to the medical professionals and caring people of SD. He is down from 1100 to a lean 500 and we are all grateful to still have this national treasure with us. Thank you south dakota and thank you to all the doctors who have worked on this case - many of whom probably got their BA/BS from sdsu.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm

Not that it really matters or that I really care, but, imo they are two different people.
                          It doesnt matter to me either, its just that we keep reading the same comments over and over. Most people would have given up by now, but these two seem to have some identity problems.

Comment

Big Jake,

Do you do any research before you post your non-sense? SDSU crowd of 2,233 would be right in the middle of many D-I Mid-Major conference avg.

http://www.ncaa.org/stats/m_basketba...all_attend.pdf

’04-’05 Avg. Home attendance by Conference

West Coast - 2,804
                            Big West - 2,688
                            Mid-Continent - 2,637
                            Metro Atlantic - 2,513
                            Southern - 2,469
                            Big Sky - 2,383
                            SDSU – 2,233
                            Ivy - 2,101
                            America East - 1,925
                            Mid-Eastern - 1,691
                            Southland - 1,665
                            Patriot - 1,648
                            Big South - 1,593
                            Southwestern - 1,553
                            Atlantic Sun - 1,543

One thing you are right about is that UNO with its 534 Avg. has no business in D-I.

Go State! ;D

Comment

It doesnt matter to me either, its just that we keep reading the same comments over and over. Most people would have given up by now, but these two seem to have some identity problems.
                              Lets not try to psychoanalyze the Omaha boys, we might end up on some TLC documentary. Just hope they stay on their meds and keep their appointments with the parole officer.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X