Still better then UNO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still better then UNO

I had to laugh .  .  . even with a blizzard raging and the interstates closed SDSU's Mens Basektball team still outdrew UNO.  As a mater of fact last night SDSU came within 40 people of outdrawing UNO entire home schedule so far.  Talk about pathetic, UNO fans should be ashamed of themselves. I know you are only a D-II school, but you are part of the NCC (watered down as it is) and should do better.  :-[

Go State!  ;D

Re: Still better then UNO

I have to laugh that you are comparing yourself to a D2 school that is known for poor fan support. I was at the Creighton game this weekend and they were just shy of 15,000. You should be ashamed that another D1 school got 7 times more fans at their game than you did. That is who you should be comparing yourselves to.

We lost Mckenna which I have said hurt moral. If you lost Nagy and one of your asst. coaches took over I promise you the excitement would not nearly be as high.
    We have yet to play anyone interesting and have got off to a slow start. We play UNK at home and there will be a better crowd for that. You are playing some good D1 schools and still no one is showing up.

By the way, our soccer team is playing for a national championship this weekend. What is yours doing?
    This is the fourth straight year we have made it to the final four. Your big win was against College of St. Mary.

Mavs #1

Comment

I posted this for NAIA Jake, but it works just as well for you Mavs D-II.

Originally posted by 89rabbit
      Big Jake,

Do you do any research before you post your non-sense?  SDSU crowd of 2,233 would be right in the middle of many D-I Mid-Major conference avg.

http://www.ncaa.org/stats/m_basketba...all_attend.pdf

’04-’05 Avg. Home attendance by Conference

West Coast - 2,804
      Big West - 2,688
      Mid-Continent - 2,637
      Metro Atlantic - 2,513
      Southern - 2,469
      Big Sky - 2,383
      SDSU – 2,233
      Ivy - 2,101
      America East - 1,925
      Mid-Eastern - 1,691
      Southland - 1,665
      Patriot - 1,648
      Big South - 1,593
      Southwestern - 1,553
      Atlantic Sun - 1,543

One thing you are right about is that UNO with its 534 Avg. has no business in D-I.

Go State!  ;D  
      As far as your Women's D-II soccer thing goes, best of luck. Aren't you the one who is always complaining that SDSU fans point to their Women’s basketball program with pride. :

Go State!  ;D

Comment

UNO is certainly not SDSU's measuring stick. I doubt that anyone here would pay UNO the slightest notice were it not for the UNO fans constantly bringing it up.

Good luck in the soccer tournament, but you could be a bit consistent - it doesn't make much sense to dismiss success in SDSU's women's sports and then crow about success in UNO's women's sports. It makes it a little hard to give you even the slightest credibility. Maybe you're just a smack-bot...

Comment

Yeah baby!!!! going for a national title of Saturday. Come on ladies!!!

Mavs Advance to National Title Match
          NCAA Record-Tying Goal by Iwansky Boosts UNO

WICHITA FALLS, Texas - Freshman forward Amanda Iwansky tied the NCAA tournament record with her seventh goal of the postseason, giving the Mavs the game-winner and advancing them to the national championship game with a 2-1 win over Franklin Pierce Thursday. No. 7 UNO (19-2-0) trailed 1-0 in the 19th minute but then got an equalizer by sophomore forward Brandie Beale before the half and then Iwansky's 16th goal of the season sent the Mavs to their second NCAA title game. The Mavs will play for their first national championship Saturday at 1 p.m. on NET2 against Seattle Pacific, 3-2 winners over Carson-Newman Thursday.

UNO NCAA Tournament Web Site

After a few minutes of game-opening jitters, the Mavs put some pressure on the Ravens and FPC was able to answer with some pressure of its own. Junior forward Beth McGill's diving shot went wide three minutes into the game. The Ravens' Jenna Giardina took a point-blank shot eight minutes into the game that went right into the hands of senior goalkeeper Amy Price. Senior three-time All-American Laura Hislop then took a break-away pass up the middle at 18:32 and fired it in from 10 yards out to give the Ravens the early lead. The goal marked the first given up by UNO in the tournament this year.

The Mavs responed to the deficit with a goal of their own nine minutes later. McGill, now a two-time All-American, slid Beale the ball in the goal box and Beale blasted it up and over the keeper's head from the right side of the net for her 12th goal of the year.

"I saw the ball floating out a little bit and all I could think about was keep it down. Keep it down," said Beale. "I didn't know it went in until I saw McGill."

The Mavs poured on 20 shots in the opening half and put 10 of them on goal. Despite the dominance, they found themselves tied at halftime. They came out fired up in the second half.

"This whole season we've been a second-half team," said McGill.

The Mavs have scored 46 of their 62 goals in the second half of games this year.

She and the rest of the offense responded while the defense continued to shut out the Ravens and their cast of All-Americans. They held Hislop to just one additional shot after she got her 24th goal of the year.

"We've seen a lot of really good forwards this year," said all-region defender Meghan Pile. "It's always a challenge when you're playing an All-American, but our defense was up for the challenge."

In the 62nd minute Iwansky, the NCC freshman of the year, pushed a loose ball forward and let a shot go right into FPC keeper Jenna Mello. Mello had it deflect off her and right into Iwansky's side. With Iwansky still coming on strong the ball bounced off her and into the back of the net.

"I was just going to put some pressure on the keeper," said Iwansky, who took five shots in the game. "It worked out a little better than that."

After getting their first goals and lead in the final four since 2002, the Mavericks' defense, with the help of the midfielders, went to work to preserve the lead.

Freshman midfielder Tara Wegehaupt and sophomore midfielder Danielle McCawley both made saves in the box with seven minutes left after Price was knocked down and Pile stopped a hard shot from Hislop a minute later. At times, the Mavs had all 11 players deep in their own territory as time ran down.

The Mavs out shot Franklin Pierce 33-13 and had a 16-5 advantage on shots on goal. UNO took 12 corner kicks while allowing the Ravens four. UNO is now 12-3-1 in the NCAA tournament and 2-2 now in semifinal games. Both wins came against FPC with the first coming in 2002.

Iwansky can set the NCAA tournament record for goals with one on Saturday. She tied Missy Gregg, the NCAA's all-time leading scorer. Gregg had seven goals in the 2001 tournament for Christian Brothers. The Mavs lost the following year, 2-1, to Christian Brothers in their first trip to the championship game.

Soccer
          Seattle Pacific - NCAA Championship
          Saturday, Dec 3
          Wichita Falls, Texas
          1:00 p.m.

Soccer
          Franklin Pierce
          Thursday, Dec 1
          Wichita Falls, Texas
          W 2 - 1

Comment

WHO CARES!

Comment

I do!! Thats who!!

Comment

Mav, then post it on your UNO board...I forgot, you dont have one so you troll everywhere else.  The point made here is WHO GIVES A SH#T?

You...well who gives a sh#t what you think?

Comment

I have to say Mavericks #1, you are one of the noisiest idiots I have ever run acrossed. You have 404 posts on this board and you aren't even a Jacks fan. I'm not sure what that means, but I know it ain't good.

As much as it pains me, I have to agree with you when you said we should be paying attention to schools like Creighton rather than the lowely UNO! I would have inserted the quote above if I was one of them there computer geniuses. Some of the crowds we have had are emberassingly small, but until the conference thing is resolved, it may not change. BUT MAKE NO MISTAKE, NOBODY IS PAYING ATTENTION TO UNO!!!!

You're kind of like the booger you just can't flick! Well, it's time for you to flick off!

WOW, DID I REALLY JUST WASTE THAT MUCH OF MY DAY RESPONDING TO A MAVERICKS #1 POST!!!

SUPERBUNNY OUT!!!!!!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden
                    Mav, then post it on your UNO board...I forgot, you dont have won so you troll everywhere else. The point mad here is WHO GIVES A SH#T?

You...well who gives a sh#t what you think?
                    Geez, dude, chill! You're cursing at a Nebraska-Omaha fan! Don't you think he has enough problems already?

;D
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Point made...maybe I should be crying for him/or them instead? :'(

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden
                        Point made...maybe I should be crying for him/or them instead? :'(
                        Actually, the kind of sad head-shaking you do when you see one of JBNJBQ's pictures is probably most appropriate.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

MavD2, Another outstanding post. Very informative. I think I can speak for us all when I say thank you for keeping us informed on our site here.

Comment

thank you for keeping us informed on our site here.
                            "Our site" - Since when did this site become a UNO site!!

Hello, earth to Big Faker - This is an SDSU site!!

Stay on topic.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack

"Our site" - Since when did this site become a UNO site!!

Hello, earth to Big Faker - This is an SDSU site!!

Stay on topic.

Hey freshman that is no way to talk to a junior. Someone that has 200 more posts than you deserves more respect from yourself. Big Jake has brought more to this board than you have. I can't recall you ever starting a thread on the smackboard that would blow us all away. So Nor Cal, just go back to liberal state of yours and start showing more respect for your elders because they have earned it.

Mavs#1

Comment

Working...
                              X