PDA

View Full Version : Real Impressive??

Mavericks#1
01-03-2006, 11:21 PM
Your brother Northern Colorado has enjoyed huge success at D1 winning 8 games last year and 1-16 this year. Boy where do I sign up for this. Nothing liked being ranked 321st in D1. What is sad is that you guys are not much better. You hung on for a nailbiter victory over them. Some people are starting to get frustrated but the Zig Ziglar's of this board keep trying to convince them things will be OK. D1 envy ::) ::) ::)

LINCOLN - Nebraska struggled Tuesday night to put away a men's basketball opponent ranked 321st in the country.

Northern Colorado had lost 33 of its 34 previous away games, beating only 1-30 Longwood last year. But the Bears, in the second year of a four-year transition from Division II to Division I, scored the first 12 points of the second half against Nebraska for a 37-35 lead.

89rabbit
01-04-2006, 06:03 AM
Yawn.

SDSUFAN
01-04-2006, 06:22 AM
Double yawn. Is it Friday yet?

jackrabit1
01-04-2006, 09:09 PM
Hey, I'm back in radio! SKOL!!!

filbert
01-05-2006, 06:56 AM
I haven't had jello in a long, long time!

OPA!

SF_Rabbit_Fan
01-05-2006, 11:07 AM
LINCOLN - Nebraska struggled Tuesday night to put away a men's basketball opponent ranked 321st in the country.

Northern Colorado had lost 33 of its 34 previous away games, beating only 1-30 Longwood last year. But the Bears, in the second year of a four-year transition from Division II to Division I, scored the first 12 points of the second half against Nebraska for a 37-35 lead.

Sounds like Nebraska hung in for a nailbiter, too. :D

Is this post knocking Nebraska for playing poorly against another fledging DI program?

Or is it a compliment paid to another fledgling DI program for fairing well against Nebraska?

Either way I look at it, Nebraska is the program truly in trouble, not 2 programs just getting off the ground. Maybe Nebraska should consider scrapping their DI experiment and move down to Division II. Check that, they struggled against lowly DII UNO ;D. Nebraska should move down to NAIA. This would help their football team, too. ;D ;D Wait, wait, I guess they did crack the top 25 again. They can stay DI in football.