2006 Smack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Smack

What is up with losing at home by almost 40 points. You guys are making great strides in D1. : : What has happened to your ladies team??? They are hovering around the .500 mark. Don't expect to kick around UNC in football anymore. Scott Downing the new coach is outstanding. This guy was the recruiting coodinator for the Huskers and they had a top ten recruiting class last year. He will bring in very good athletes into Greeley. You activity on your fanboard is reflecting your athletic teams. Boring and going south very quickly.

Mavs#1

Re: 2006 Smack

Thank you. BTW HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Comment

Thanks for the honest assessment. (Not really, that would be a first)

Comment

Not relevant in the ranks of DI but I see Augie swept USD yesterday. That doesn't bother me a bit.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

ALSO UND SWEPT UNO in Grand Forks. Looks like the Mavs will struggle on the road

Comment

The peanut gallery has been rather quiet recently . . .
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
              Not relevant in the ranks of DI but I see Augie swept USD yesterday.  That doesn't bother me a bit.

I have included the link to the Argus story..

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...35/1002/SPORTS

Nice timing on the photographer for catching the dead coyote mid-flight. I guess throwing a coyote has a more positive effect than other animals thrown in the past. ;D

Just another reason I'm glad we have moved forward and left this juvenile behavior behind.

Comment

Looks like good followthrough from the guy front right who obviously tossed it.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Their parents must be proud.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                    The peanut gallery has been rather quiet recently . . .

I'm guessing they are conserving their energy for that ever demanding and emotional draining home and home with Upper Iowa over the next two weeks.

Can you even imagine playing a game at Upper Iowa?

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbitdw
                      Their parents must be proud.

Who would'nt be proud of their son or daughter cheering on such a class act as that. :

Comment

Over on D2football under the basketball forum, a USD fan complained about some Augie Student who went running up and down the isles of the USD cheering section shouting obsenities. If true, is this representative of the Augustana Advantage?

Nei takk, (No thanks in Norwegian)

SDSU may have a 4-10 record, and Frost may have drawn no more than 2300 at any home game, plus we have played teams that most fans are not familiar with but have had outstanding athletes that are better than any thing seen in the NCC and would I trade all that for another game with USD or Augie? Nei takk.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN
                          Over on D2football under the basketball forum, a USD fan complained about some Augie Student who went running up and down the isles of the USD cheering section shouting obsenities. If true, is this representative of the Augustana Advantage?

Nei takk, (No thanks in Norwegian)

SDSU may have a 4-10 record, and Frost may have drawn no more than 2300 at any home game, plus we have played teams that most fans are not familiar with but have had outstanding athletes that are better than any thing seen in the NCC and would I trade all that for another game with USD or Augie? Nei takk.
                          Now USD gets to see what State fans and teams had to put up with all these years . . . from Augie AND from USD.

Doesn't it make you feel good, Coyote fans?
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The Augie fans should be embarrased.. Can you imagine coach Nagy laughing about something like that as the Augie coach did...
                            bush league strictly bush league

Comment

Originally posted by Texas_Jacks_Fan
                              The Augie fans should be embarrased.. Can you imagine coach Nagy laughing about something like that as the Augie coach did...
                              bush league strictly bush league
                              This is what I dont understand about the Augustana adminstration, its like they have encouraged the students to act in this unsavory manner. I recall some of the last games at Almen, where AD Gross and the football coaching staff are on the surface trying to be real offical while controlling the crowd. Yet they kind of smerk AND chuckle when the rabbit and now the dead dog or coyote hits the court. Whats with these people, dont they have any thing to rally around besides a dead animal? Why not rally around a winning team? According to the Argus article, Augie played good ball. Why not be happy for the team and move on? I much rather see the Jacks get waxed by a good Butler team then watch a bunch 19 year olds acting as though they were 3 year olds.

Comment

Working...
                              X