Clear All

• Zip Tower

See the failure here...

http://www.argusleader.com/assets/mov/DF13214123.MOV

Re: Zip Tower

It was on the news in Fargo.

Comment

They should let it stand and charge admission.
      It could be another tourist attraction.

Comment

Pretty funny stuff. Good video of the failure got it on all the cable news outlets.

Of course the Sioux Falls reporters didn't ask the questions I wondered about: Who pays for the wrecking ball demolition? Does the Tulsa explosive demolition company that failed to bring it down pay? Does the developer pay? How far has the project been set back, realistically? They're bringing a crane in from Minneapolis to do the demolition and it's going to take several weeks. That can't be cheap.

The Argus suggested the developer doesn't expect to pay, but it wasn't clear. I wish the reporters could have gotten past the yuck-yuck angle and gotten at the economics of the situation a bit. (That's one of my pet peeves about the media: Ultimately, almost every story has a money angle, but reporters seldom ask. Aargh.)

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
          Pretty funny stuff. Good video of the failure got it on all the cable news outlets.

Of course the Sioux Falls reporters didn't ask the questions I wondered about: Who pays for the wrecking ball demolition? Does the Tulsa explosive demolition company that failed to bring it down pay? Does the developer pay? How far has the project been set back, realistically? They're bringing a crane in from Minneapolis to do the demolition and it's going to take several weeks. That can't be cheap.

The Argus suggested the developer doesn't expect to pay, but it wasn't clear. I wish the reporters could have gotten past the yuck-yuck angle and gotten at the economics of the situation a bit. (That's one of my pet peeves about the media: Ultimately, almost every story has a money angle, but reporters seldom ask. Aargh.)
          All good questiosn for which I have no answers. Interesting and as Matt Drudge says...developing.

Comment

In honor (or reasonable facsimile thereof) of the Zip Tower, I have composed this little ditty.

It's sung to the tune of Rock-A-Bye Baby (for those of you who didn't get the clue!)

Rock a bye Zippy, out in the snow

When the bomb lights, you surely will blow

But you didn't break, you mearly just sunk

And Whoever planned this must have been drunk!

And remember, kiddies, to take some humor out of all of this. Even God has a sense of humor... just look at the Duck-Billed Platypus!

p.s. my apologies to the duck-billed platypus!
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I STILL THINK SIOUX FALLS MISSED A TREMENDOUS OPPORTUNITY FOR A TOURIST ATTRACTION WHEN THEY TORE DOWN THE MIGHTY ZFM ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Working...
              X