X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slam on Augie

Something to make us all feel better today:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...602010319/1053

I was waiting for something like this to be said and am pleased with how it was said, well done.

Re: Slam on Augie

Amen, and peace be with you and with thy spirit.

Comment

Could someone enlighten me with the details of this story?

Comment

Article Published: 02/1/06, 2:55 am

I am certainly appalled by Augustana College's horrible display of sportsmanship lately. I think they should be ashamed to call themselves a Christian college. And to think, the college advocates this vulgar display.

How possibly is using four-letter curse words a sign of team spirit? And more important, is the using of dead animals to distract the opposing team Christian behavior? I think not.

Augustana owes this city an apology and some disciplinary action. I ask all the Lutheran pastors out there - is this the way you teach your fellowship?
        Susan R. Marsten, Sioux Falls

Comment

The above is the text of the letter and I can not thank Susan Marstens enough. I am a Lutheran by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea
            Could someone enlighten me with the details of this story?
            The argus had a picture of a Augie student tossing a dead Coyote onto the floor when they played earlier this year. Augie's admin has not done much to control fan behavior in recent years. There were many complaints of Augie students running up and down the aisles shouting nasties.

Comment

Also a Lutheran and always wondered about that school...

Comment

Working...
              X