13 Nebraska-Omaha 17-11-4 274 18
    14 St. Cloud State 17-10-3 272 15
    15 Vermont 17- 9-4 235 12
    16 Providence 15-11-2 222 13
    17 New Hampshire 15-10-5 180 16
    18 Harvard 13- 9-2 169 17
    19 Lake Superior 15- 9-6 117 19
    20 Colgate 15- 9-6 53 NR
    Others Receiving Votes: St. Lawrence 46, Ohio State 40, Dartmouth 20, Holy Cross 8, Ferris State 7, Alabama-Huntsville 5, Alaska-Fairbanks 4, Clarkson 3, Mercyhurst 3

Re: Somebody's ranked in D1...

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
    and it is not you!!!!!!

USCHO.com/CSTV Division I Men's Poll
    February 13, 2006

Team (First Place Votes) Record Points Last Poll
    1 Minnesota (24) 19- 6-5 778 1
    2 Miami (11) 20- 5-4 762 2
    3 Wisconsin ( 5) 20- 7-2 719 4
    4 Boston College  19- 6-2 682 5
    5 Boston University  17- 8-2 626 6
    6 Cornell  16- 5-4 575 3
    7 Denver  18-10-2 511 9
    8 Michigan  18-11-3 500 7
    9 Colorado College  19-12-1 475 8
    10 Michigan State  17-10-7 437 10
    11 Maine  19-10-1 349 14
    12 North Dakota  18-13-1 328 11
    13 Nebraska-Omaha  17-11-4 274 18
    14 St. Cloud State  17-10-3 272 15
    15 Vermont  17- 9-4 235 12
    16 Providence  15-11-2 222 13
    17 New Hampshire  15-10-5 180 16
    18 Harvard  13- 9-2 169 17
    19 Lake Superior  15- 9-6 117 19
    20 Colgate  15- 9-6 53 NR
    Others Receiving Votes: St. Lawrence 46, Ohio State 40, Dartmouth 20, Holy Cross 8, Ferris State 7, Alabama-Huntsville 5, Alaska-Fairbanks 4, Clarkson 3, Mercyhurst 3  
    Hard not to be rated in DI hockey with only 58 teams and most of them dii or diii schools.

Comment

Bison_Dan,
      Mav is a wanna-be anyway. He is just a butcher that has nothing better to do with his time but use pseudo names and visit these fan boards. The truth is he does it because there is nothing remotely interesting on the UNO site...woops, they dont have one! :-[

Comment

It's about time. How many years have you had a D-I hockey program? Six? Geez, looks to me like going D-I (even if it was just in one sport) was a huge, horrible mistake for uno. From your posts about our move, I'm sure you agree.

Oh, and it must be nice for you to have a big home hockey weekend coming up and not even be able to play on your home ice. Typical uno. Your big-time ranked hockey program gets pushed aside for a high school wrestling tournament. Nice!
        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Bison_Dan

Hard not to be rated in DI hockey with only 58 teams and most of them dii or diii schools.  

Well Bison Dan, they have to vote for somebody.  Even Huntsville Alabama got votes.  I did not know Alabama had ice, I'm sure it is tough to recruit hockey players to Alabama.  If Jamaica can field a bobsled team at the winter olympics, I guess Huntsville Alabama can have a hockey team.  Over half of D-1 Hockey teams receive votes, I would not be tooting my horn MavD2 about being included in that poll.  
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Somebody inform him the UND hockey team lost to Bemidji State.

Yes.

Bemidji f'n State.

Comment

Can you say Top Ten!!!

USCHO.com/CSTV Division I Men's Poll
              February 20, 2006

Team (First Place Votes) Record Points Last Poll
              1 Minnesota (37) 21- 6-5 796 1
              2 Wisconsin ( 2) 21- 7-3 751 3
              3 Miami ( 1) 21- 7-4 683 2
              4 Boston University 19- 9-2 665 5
              5 Michigan State 19-10-7 588 10
              6 Colorado College 21-12-1 563 9
              7 Cornell 17- 6-4 533 6
              8 Maine 21-10-1 527 11
              9 Boston College 19- 9-2 492 4
              10 Nebraska-Omaha 18-11-5 421 13
              11 Michigan 18-12-4 402 8
              12 Denver 18-12-2 382 7
              13 North Dakota 20-13-1 382 12
              14 New Hampshire 16-11-5 202 17
              15 Harvard 15-10-2 194 18
              16 Vermont 18-10-4 159 15
              17 Providence 16-12-2 156 16
              18 St. Lawrence 18-12-2 123 NR
              19 St. Cloud State 17-12-3 121 14
              20 Colgate 16-10-6 74 20
              Others Receiving Votes: Ohio State 52, Dartmouth 38, Holy Cross 31, Northern Michigan 22, Lake Superior 15, Alaska-Fairbanks 14, Clarkson 8, Ferris State 5, Bemidji State 1

Comment

Originally posted by Bison_Dan

Have you got the Lacrosse standings?  Equally as insignificant to most sporting fans in the USA.  It is however good to see you taking such pride in your only D-I sport.

South Dakota State University - D-I in everything we do!

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Looks like we might be headed to a D1 NCAA Tournament. Go ahead and be envious. It's okay. ;D ;D

Mavs in line for NCAAs

BY CHAD PURCELL

WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER

UNO's Mick Lawrence and Michigan goalie Noah Ruden both try to reach for a loose puck during Saturday night's CCHA contest at the Civic Auditorium. The Mavs tied the Wolverines 4-4 to take three out of four points in the weekend series.

But make no mistake about it: As far as the Mavs are concerned, the view these days from 60th and Dodge Streets is just grand.

For starters, things keep looking better and better for UNO in the CCHA race.

UNO grabbed three of four points from third-place Michigan this weekend to strengthen its hold on fourth place in the 12-team conference. First-place Miami of Ohio and second-place Michigan State already have locked up first-round CCHA playoff byes and home ice in the second round of the league tournament - and a lot would have to go wrong to prevent the Mavs from doing the same next weekend.

Heading into their Friday-Saturday series at last-place Western Michigan, the Mavs, with 29 league points, need two more to guarantee a top-four finish.

Lake Superior State and Northern Michigan are tied for fifth place with 26 points, and Ohio State is in seventh with 25. The Lakers' final two regular-season games are against Michigan State, and Northern Michigan and Ohio State close out their schedules playing each other.

The University of Nebraska at Omaha could drop out of fourth if it gets swept at Western Michigan and either of the teams right below them win two straight next weekend. There also are scenarios in which UNO could finish tied with either Lake Superior State, Northern Michigan or Ohio State, and in that case fourth-place in the CCHA would come down to an elaborate set of tie-breakers that may or may not fall in favor of the Mavs.

If UNO gets one more win or two more ties at Western Michigan, however, none of that will matter.

Miami already has clinched the top spot in the conference race, but a strong showing next weekend still could help UNO move into third or even second place. Michigan State has 32 points, and Michigan, which wraps up its schedule playing eighth-place Ferris State twice, has 30.

To sum it all up, the Mavs are right where they want to be.

Certainly, there were times in UNO's 2005-06 season when a fantastic finish seemed unlikely at best.

There was that disappointing sweep at Bowling Green State in November that dropped UNO to 0-4-0 in the CCHA. There was that 4-1 home loss to Notre Dame Jan. 6, a setback that again knocked the Mavs to the bottom of the league standings.

But through all the ups and downs, UNO coach Mike Kemp said nobody on the team ever lost faith.

"We felt all along this was a special team, one capable of doing very special things," Kemp said. "It's so important to keep getting points, and we've just kept gaining ground on the field over the past several weeks. And that has put us in a position where we hopefully can go and take care of business next weekend."

The Mavs (18-11-5, 12-9-5 CCHA) have only one loss in their past 13 games. UNO's current nine-game unbeaten streak (6-0-3) is the longest stretch without a loss in the country.

And that's part of the reason why the Mavs also appear to be in such a solid position to make the NCAA tournament for the first time in program history.

UNO is tied with Michigan State and Boston University for fourth place in the latest U.S. College Hockey Online PairWise rankings, which mimic the criteria used by the NCAA selection committee to pick the 16-team tournament field.

The Mavs have been PairWise darlings for several weeks, and USCHO is even projecting UNO will be in the mix for a top-four national seed.

How is that possible for a team that ranks No. 13 and No. 15 in the polls and sits in fourth place in its own conference? As the Web site explains it, the Mavs have played what's regarded as the fourth-toughest schedule in the country, and they've gone a sparkling 15-7-5 against teams considered NCAA contenders.

The NCAA tournament will include the playoff champions of college hockey's six major conferences, who receive automatic invitations, as well as 10 at-large teams. The tournament begins March 24 or 25 at four predetermined regional sites - Albany, N.Y.; Green Bay, Wis.; Worcester, Mass.; and Grand Forks, N.D.

Comment

Must be tough not having a discussion board of your own to post to.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                      South Dakota State University - D-I in everything we do!
                      Some people aspire to bigger challenges, to be leaders. That's what makes the world go 'round.

Others aim low, forever to be followers. That's what keeps uno's doors open.
                      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Mav1 - May I take the liberty to speak for everyone on this board when I say I am just thrilled at UNO's great hockey ranking. Couldn't happen to a finer school and a finer city. But don't dismiss SDSU - I am sure they will do well in their new United Wanabee Conference with the Longwoods, Savannah States, New Jersey Institute of Computer Programming and whatever other losers that are in that conference. It is great to be a Mav!!!
                        Mavpower!!

Comment

Hey Gaypower, have you ever played hockey? Have you ever had a stick in your hand and been checked into the boards?

The funny thing about UNO's hockey program is that Nebraska doesnt even have what most hockey fanatics would call a good feeder program. Yes you have your semi-pro team, and your USHL team but you have no high school programs (whether it is school sponsored or Park and Rec.) worth talking about.

The conference your in has some decent teams but I can almost gaurentee that they will not get to the Frozen Four. By the way, I have been playing hockey since I was old enough to follow my brothers to the nearest rink. I have also been watching college hockey the same amount of time. Oh, I almost forgot, I've been to too many regionals to mention and 4 Frozen Fours in my life so, yes I do understand the game somewhat.

I have just gotten sick and tired of you and your alter ego ranting on here about a program that is decent right now...notice I said decent, not great. Congratulations on a good year.

Now, do us all a favor...go out and buy a rope ladder and get off our backs about what is going on around here. You obviously pick up your info from the news media because your slant is always skewed.

You do not understand what is going on here but your feeble mind thinks it does. Every problem we have had here has been offered to the proper athority and handled in a honest and legal way...nobody has tried to hide any of it.

With as much time you spend here on this board you could of built one for the lonely cavs by now.

There is a lot of people on this board that would be glad to lead you in the right direction to start your own fan site, please ask for help. For the sake and sanity of us all!

GO JACKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
                            Looks like we might be headed to a D1 NCAA Tournament. Go ahead and be envious. It's okay. ;D ;D
                            Playing in DI tourneys is great.  I'm looking forward to many in our future.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

My oldest daughter told me last night she's pretty sure I'm her favorite.  I looked at the back of today's newspaper for her official rankings to see if I indeed had risen to number one, but couldn't find it listed anywhere in the sports page.  I decided to look for the D1 hockey rankings instead, and was unable to find those as well.  I guess that makes both of our rankings equally important in the eyes of the AP.

On a side note, I think my daughter changes the rankings on her list a little more often then the hockey rankings so it's harder to get a good grasp on a concrete ranking breakdown.  Just an FYI.

I forgot to add that she sometimes skips 18 and 19 when counting to 20 so that may throw a wrench into the system as well.
                              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Working...
                              X