If you need some advice......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you need some advice......

SDSU fans, If you need some advice on finding a good league situation you ought to call up the good people at uno and ask them how we were able to find maybe the best hockey league in d1 to compete in. I think they might share some wisdom with you indies. But then maybe they won't. But it is ironic that nobody seems to want you and yet a great league scooped us up immediately while you are still "wandering in the desert" looking for a home. Just accept the fact - nobody wants you. SDSU and UNO are probably pretty similar universities in a lot of ways but Omaha is a nice place to live and Brookings is well - Brookings is Brookings. Need I say more. But if Big Fred is looking for some league advice ask for Mr David Herbster -AD at UNO. He doesn't know much about hiring good bb coaches but maybe he can help you find a league. Good luck, Jacks. You need it !!

Re: If you need some advice......

Are you jealous that you are not in a conference with Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan and Michigan State.
    Sure sounds like it.

Comment

I love it when MavPower and MavDII always toot their horn about D-1 Athletics. It just confirms that D-1 is what it is all about. At SDSU, we do everything at the D-1 level. At UNO, they only do one thing at the D-1 level and that is all they want to talk about.

Of course UNO fans don't want to talk about their D-2 athletics. I mean really, Mesa St., Regis and Rockhurst. If SDSU played these teams, I would not brag either

Oh, my bad. These are actual teams you lost to, now I understand why you are not bragging about playing these teams. You guys can't even beat them.

You should be bragging about beating teams like, Columbus State, York, Johnson & Wales, Oklahoma Panhandle St. Now you're talking about some good teams here. After the NCC dissolves, maybe York or Johnson & Wales will invite you to play in their conference.

Keep talking MavPower and MavDII, you always manage to confirm that people are only interested in D-1 athletics.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

I hear there are some pretty good parchessi players at Bellevue University. Maybe UNO could get together with Bellevue and start a high-level parchessi league. Then UNO would have a second D-I program to go along with its respectable hockey team. UNO students that want to be around mainstream D-I sports like basketball, football and volleyball could transfer to SDSU. Meanwhile, establishing a competitive program in a new activity like parchessi might help frustrated mav posters overcome their feelings of D-1 inadequacy.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up
          I hear there are some pretty good parchessi players at Bellevue University. Maybe UNO could get together with Bellevue and start a high-level parchessi league. Then UNO would have a second D-I program to go along with its respectable hockey team.

They could make it co-ed parchessi and stay Title IX compliant.
          An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
          US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Working...
          X