Men's Basketball attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men's Basketball attendance

Well the regular seasons are over with so the final results are in . . .

http://gojacks.sdstate.edu/mbbstats2006.htm

SDSU - Avg. 2,070 per home game

http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/mbb...10&SEASON=

USD - Avg. 1,979 per home game

http://gomavs.unomaha.edu/archived_s...5/teamcume.htm

UNO - Avg. 1,111 per home game

Go State! ;D

P.S. The Jackrabbit Women have one more home game to play, but here is what their numbers look like so far.

http://gojacks.sdstate.edu/wbbstats2006.htm

SDSU Women - Avg. 1,889 per home game

Re: Men's Basketball attendance

89 Rabbit,

You are proud of these numbers??? All three schools should be embarrased by these numbers.

Comment

No not proud just posting facts.  I will say I remember certain D-II fans boasting that although their pre-conference attendance numbers were pathetic, that they would blow past us once the NCC season and the "big" crowds that brings began.

I wonder if Craig and Mike will spend an hour talking about what is wrong with USD's attendance? (rhetorical question)

Mav I threw your attendacne in just because you guys post a lot.  Yours has always been pathetic and you actually did better then I thought you would.  Way to break 1,000!     (Of course your guys use the look around the gym and report whatever you feel like method so who knows how many really went to your games).

Face it if you couldn't beat SDSU when the team had a losing record, had turmoil, had a schedule (because of our transtional status) that wasn't conducive to large crowds (many games when the students were not even on campus), no conference to play for, etc. then you never will.  This year was your chance and you blew it.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Looking at their schedule I noticed uno largest crowd was 2250 against Doane. How do you draw more for Doane than any NCC game ???

Comment

Probably a lot of Doane fans?
          www.bisonsports.net

www.gobison.com

Comment

The Doane game was Boystown day at UNO with every kid from Boystown there that day. 1500 of that crowd was from Boystown. The bad news was that most of the tix were comps - the good news was that each boystown kid was given 5 dollars for refreshments by their booster club and whatever else they wanted to spend. UNO made a killing on refreshments that day so it was definitely a plus. Refreshment line was a mile long all day.
            Compare us to our D1 sport in hockey and we beat you hands down. Not even close and I would imagine our price per ticket is higher than your price per ticket.

Comment

So, I guess, your point is that people in Omaha only care about D-I sports and UNO has to bribe little kids to get them to come and watch your D-II sports. :-[  Thanks for the update.  Tell me again why you think D-II is a good thing.    

South Dakota State University  -  D-I in everything we do!  8)

Go State!  ;D

Comment

comparing basketball prices here to uno's hockey prices i see that its 11 and 13 dollars for for basketball and 12 and 15 dollars for basketball not much of a margin oh well who really cares.

Comment

You also have to wonder how much UNO pays to rent the Quest center?  Makes you wonder if UNO's Hockey program breaks even?  

Go State!   ;D

Comment

Can one include womens hockey? I thought womens sports were just fluff around the edges? ;D

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFallsJack
                      Can one include womens hockey?  I thought womens sports were just fluff around the edges? ;D
                      My mistake, I assumed like UND that UNO has women's hockey to stay Title IX compliant.  However not being a big follower of the Lone Cows this assumption was wrong.  

UNO offers the following sports ONLY to Women

Cross Country
                      Golf
                      Swimming and Diving
                      Tennis
                      Track

Since they don't offer Men's teams in any of those sports they don't need Women's Hockey.  I guess they believe in the USD model of, cut Men's programs rather then expand everyone's opportunities to stay Title IX compliant.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

I am so crushed that UNO does not have Womens Equestrian team. Why can't we be like SDSU? : :

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
                          Why can't we be like SDSU?
                          That is a good question with an easy answer. SDSU is a Land Grant, Flagship University with a statewide mission. UNO is not. In your state the University of Nebraska - Lincoln is the Land Grant, Flagship University.

Here is a link to the history of the Morrill Act of 1862 in case you would like to become more educated:

http://www.higher-ed.org/resources/morrill_acts.htm

Here is a map showing all the Land Grant schools in the USA:

http://www.nrcs.usda.gov/technical/land/lgif/m2784l.gif

SDSU is in some pretty good company don't you think?

South Dakota State University - D-I in everything we do. 8)

Go State! ;D

Comment

I can honestly say in 15 years of attending UNO games I have NEVER heard even one person say they wished we had men's golf, tennis, swimming, diving, and or track. In fact if it were up to me I would cut baseball, too but for some reason they want to play that sport. Maybe there is a huge groundswell of support for those sports in SD.

Comment

Originally posted by MAVPOWER
                              I can honestly say in 15 years of attending UNO games I have NEVER heard even one person say they wished we had men's golf, tennis, swimming, diving, and or track.  In fact if it were up to me I would cut baseball, too but for some reason they want to play that sport.  Maybe there is a huge groundswell of support for those sports in SD.  

The first thought that comes to mind is that with so few people attending UNO events is it any wonder that the subject of Men's Cross Country, Golf, Swimming & Diving, Tennis, and Track has never come up.

In my circles at SDSU games (a much larger number, to be sure) I have met many people who are very interested in these sports.  We have members on this board whose #1 concern, as far as SDSU athletics is concerned, include sports in this group.  

One of my buddies back in the day was on the swim team, my life would have been different had I not known him.  How about the US Olympic team, would it have been different had Rod DeHaven not gone to SDSU.  Hard to say but one thing is for sure that Rod's time at State participating in both Men's Cross Country and Track helped get him ready for the 2000 Olympic games in Sydney, and now he has returned to his Alma Mater to help the next generation of both Men's and Women's Cross Country and Track athletes.

Mavpower (Big Jake), you and your pals my not see the need for a diversified athletics department.  One that offers opportunity for many athletes, but I do and I am glad that my University does.  I guess that is one of the differences between you and me and our two Universities.

Go State!   ;D  

Comment

Working...
                              X