Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are you deleting full threads???

What's up 89?

Re: Why are you deleting full threads???

Put 'em on the Maverick fan board and '89 won't be able to touch 'em!

Comment

Originally posted by West_River_Jack
      Put 'em on the Maverick fan board and '89 won't be able to touch 'em!
      +++
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

89 rabbit,

There much be a glich with the board because threads just magically diasppear without reason and I know that you would not just pull them off without first giving us a reason why. If you are still sore about the WNIT thing just let me know and I will stop bagging on you guys about it.

Comment

If you are looking for a specific post, you may have forgotten in which thread that post was made. I have often thought stuff was disappearing only to find out I was looking in the wrong thread when I found a specific post.

Comment

Mavericks#1:

I for one pointed out to 89Rabbit that the thread in question had no relation to SDSU athletics. I asked him to pull the thread as being off-topic for this board.

This is not a Nebraska-Omaha board. I have no interest in Nebraska-Omaha athletics except insofar as UNO is considering a D-I move, or is playing either SDSU or playing a school which SDSU plays, in a sport common to both schools. I would guess that most of the others posting on this board feel much the same way.

I'd direct your attention to:
            http://www.mavpuck.com/mpboard/default.asp

Google is your friend.

There may be boards other than that one for which posts concerning UNO athletics may be appropriate.

But this board isn't one of them.

Be happy that 89Rabbit did not honor my other request to him, which was to boot you and the other UNO guy off this board completely.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'm with you filbert. I don't even read what the UNO duo writes anymore. It's become predictable stuff ... SDSU isn't any good ... SDSU made a mistake in going Division I ... any accomplishment is meaningless ... whack, whack, whack, whack.

Comment

JH:

If you want to keep the Mav* users around for Smack target practice, good for you.

The thread I had a problem with had NOTHING to do with SDSU. There are plenty of threads here in Smack I personally find more unfunny and mean-spirited than what was in that thread, but those threads had at least some peripheral connection to SDSU. I'm not entertained by those threads but I'm not asking for them to be deleted, either.

I don't think it is too much to ask for threads to have some connection to SDSU. And yes, I would consider "off-topic" threads started by SDSU fans to have such a connection, while off-topic threads started by people who are obviously not SDSU fans should not necessarily have the same courtesy extended to them.

Nobody, not me, not you, not the Mav*s, has a right to post here. The only person with that right is Tony, who owns the board. Everyone else is here is essentially the guest of Tony, and by delegation as moderator, 89rabbit.

Part of being a community is having some sense of the rules and standards by which the community interacts. On the Internet, a common rule is Thou Shalt Not Create Off Topic Posts. My problem was that the thread wasn't even smack. It was just a post about UNO athletics. I called foul, saying that it was inappropriate for the SDSU board, and 89 agreed.

Sorry if you don't like the result. Now if 89 and/or Tony created an Off Topic forum, I would not have had a problem. But "smack" is not the same as "everything else" although at times we kind of use it that way.

I did do the Mav* users the small favor of finding and posting a UNO hockey board link. Perhaps they'll take the hint and go spend their time there.

I'm not holding my breath, however.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

*  From the Moderator

Some of the threads that have been deleted, didn't even have smack content, it was just UNO postings and had nothing to do with SDSU. Others have gotten out of hand with personal attacks, foul language, name calling, etc. Time permitting I usually edit out the individual offensive posts (in this case it was SDSU fans being abusive to our UNO guests), however I have been traveling a ton for my job lately (I have only been in KC 3 of the last 14 days) and some of the threads have been so infested that they would take up far too much of my time to edit, and so they are gone.

Although this is a smack board let's all try and remember to keep it civil. Watch the personal attacks and name calling and remember it is supposed to be fun.

I do encourage all to click on the link below and read the whole thing (takes about 7 min. to read).  

http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm#WIAT

Pay particular attention to The Webmaster's Challenge about half way through.

Comment

Originally posted by JH81
                    If deleting threads that were off topic with this board were the only criteria for deleting a thread then 89 could delete atleast nine threads from the current page of smack threads.  I have no idea which threads were deleted, but I do notice that the two that turned toward UNO hockey are gone, so obviously someone requested they be removed. It's the smack thread and there was some good natured smack going back and forth. Maybe I missed something that was posted in the last 12-18 hours, but nothing seemed out of line. If you don't care to read about what we had going then don't read it. The Mav boys are members of this board, so until they are banned from participating they are fair game for smack in my opinion. If there's something offensive in a thread then by all means it should be removed. But if it's a bit off topic and you don't want to read it, then don't read it.  If someone would rather some of us not participate in posting smack, or anything else for that matter, then by all means someone let me know and I'll leave the elite to post and forget about this board.

Sincerely,
                    Jake Hines
                    Proud SDSU/Football Alum

Jake,

Are you sure that you didn't go to UNO. You are way to cool to be a rabbit. If you are a rabbit, I would bet that you aren't one of these senior citizen rabbits who are stuck back in 1963. You my man get what a smackboard is for. UNO is relevant to you in many ways. We have played you recently in womens soccer, and women's swimming (we beat you in both if you have forgotten). With North Dakota most likely going D1 there is a good chance that we might have to go D1. There are posts on here about USD and I don't see those getting yanked. If I did not get on this board I can guarantee that that no one else would post here or run smack at you. You have asked me to follow rules and I have followed them. When I have crossed the line and got a post yanked I have not said a word. But this is becoming Saddamish. I have posted over at Bisonville and Tony doesn't seem to have a problem with it. For gosh sakes...could you throw me a frigging bone or in your case a carrott.

Mavs#1

Comment

1996 SDSU grad. 1991-1994 Football.

I'm sure had I offended the Mav boys with any of my posts they would have told me either publicly or privately and asked 89 to remove the offensive material.

filbert, if you would be so kind, please let me know which threads you asked to be deleted so that I know what topics to avoid in the future. I know the Nebraska baseball thread is gone, which had turned into hockey smack (which got Solari involved even). Wait, got the other one I can remember, "best d1 hockey conference". Right, talking smack because the Mav's started in on our inability to find a conference, added relevant information, and congratulated them on an NCAA berth. Former conference member playing in a DI sport, yep, way off topic.
                      Perhaps you should re-read:
                      I don't think it is too much to ask for threads to have some connection to SDSU. And yes, I would consider "off-topic" threads started by SDSU fans to have such a connection, while off-topic threads started by people who are obviously not SDSU fans should not necessarily have the same courtesy extended to them.
                      You're covered by the bold text.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Even a quick PM that says, "Hey JH, I find some of your language offensive for this board, could you please edit your post" would have been enough for me to change things. I guess that's not how the internet community works though.
                        I have no idea what you're talking about now.

How did you come to the conclusion that I was objecting to anything that you specifically wrote?

I take it that you had posts that you were proud of on one or more threads that were pulled. If you want to take the threads being pulled as a personal affront, there's not much I can do about that. You're not going to get an apology out of me because I am not sorry in the slightest. OK, maybe I have a slight tinge of regret that you're upset about it, but I'm not going to turn around and beg 89rabbit to restore the thread, assuming that this is possible with this particular bulletin board software.

If you feel strongly enough about it, I'm sure that you will make that case with 89.

Rather than continuing to beat what is rapidly becoming a room temperature equine, perhaps you would consider asking 89 for an Other Topics section of the board where such threads would not be off-topic?

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Is it ironic to want the thread about deleting threads deleted?

Comment

Originally posted by JackTwice
                            Is it ironic to want the thread about deleting threads deleted?
                            I'm all in favor of that. Seems this is a bit off topic anyway and it was started by a UNO fan besides.

Comment

Mav wrote:
                              With North Dakota most likely going D1 there is a good chance that we might have to go D1
                              Some info I posted a couple of weeks ago on this thread: http://diaafootball.com/cgi-bin/yabb...78384;start=30
                              Re: USD moving up?
                              « Reply #39 on: Mar 2nd, 2006, 12:58pm » Quote Modify Remove

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              News for the people holding out for a DI NCC, take UNO off the list of possible schools moving up. Yesterday on 1570 AM Jeff Culhane interviewed the UNO AD and he said a DI move is not an option for UNO at this time. He cited politics and lack of conference affiliation as the major reasons against moving up. He also spoke favorably of the DII conference to the south (MIAA?) and said it would be a better fit for UNO if the NCC expands to the north or the east

Comment

Working...
                              X