PDA

View Full Version : The Sky is Blue

JH81
03-29-2006, 02:01 PM
Or, to produce largely the same effect, you could posit that the sky is blue.

Testing a theory ;D

NorCalJack
03-29-2006, 02:27 PM
The sky is gray today in Northern Cal.

I am glad to report.

Go State ;D ;D ;D

JH81
03-29-2006, 02:33 PM
Blue skies and sunshine here in Lakeville Minnesota today.

jackrabbit1979
03-29-2006, 03:27 PM
So damn windy in Brookings i think the sky blew away... :o

Mavericks#1
03-29-2006, 03:44 PM
This thread really has nothing to do with SDSU athletics and I demand that it be yanked,

Mavs#1

NorCalJack
03-29-2006, 03:46 PM
This thread really has nothing to do with SDSU athletics and I demand that it be yanked,

It is more relevant than UNO athletics and therefore should stay.

Blue is also a school color. :P

West_River_Jack
03-29-2006, 06:17 PM
Several SDSU sports are played under a sky of varying colors. Therefore, this thread is relevent and should be allowed to grow to hundreds, or perhaps thousands, of posts!

Mavericks#1
03-29-2006, 07:22 PM
Several SDSU sports are played under a sky of varying colors.

My big question is what is the color of the sky of your football player that was caught with 17lbs of Mary- Jan-Wanna. ;)

NightHawk78
03-29-2006, 08:06 PM
My big question is what is the color of the sky of your football player that was caught with 17lbs of Mary- Jan-Wanna. ;)

Please try to write your jabs so they are readable, Mavs #1.

Some day, these jabs may come back to bite you in the rear end; however, you may luck out when a Mavs player gets arrested since the Omaha World-Herald may not view the arrest of a UNO role player as a significant news story.

Texas_Jacks_Fan
03-30-2006, 08:37 AM
Cloudy, Windy, Possible severe t-storms this afternoon. Mid 70's here in Dallas.
My last day here. As of tomorrrow I will be a resident of the great state of Missouri... (Springfield)
Not quite to South Dakota "yet"- but a lot better than moving to omaha.

filbert, 89R, and I can now car pool to Jacks games!!

WOOO HOOO !!!!

GO JACKS !!!

filbert
03-30-2006, 09:33 AM
Cloudy, Windy, Possible severe t-storms this afternoon. Mid 70's here in Dallas.
My last day here. As of tomorrrow I will be a resident of the great state of Missouri... (Springfield)
Not quite to South Dakota "yet"- but a lot better than moving to omaha.

filbert, 89R, and I can now car pool to Jacks games!!

WOOO HOOO !!!!

GO JACKS !!!

Well, definitely closer than Dallas.

Weather here in KC is a bit cooler but we're supposed to get socked by severe thunderstorms late this afternoon as well. Might get to see that ever-popular green sky.

Alumguy
03-30-2006, 09:43 AM
Not sure but our former tight end (JH81) is probably enjoying watching where this thread will go.

JH81
03-30-2006, 10:44 AM
Not sure but our former tight end (JH81) is probably enjoying watching where this thread will go.

That would be a very accurate statement.

Cloudy, windy and a bit cool here today. Occasional rain, big rains passed thru this am.

In my world though there's always sunshine in the form of my 9 month old daughter :D

Rabbitlivinginverm
03-30-2006, 10:45 AM
Grey, cloudy skies in Sturgis today. Chance of rain. It's been spitting a little this morning. Spring is here. Started working on the yard yesterday. Forecast is 60 degrees and sunny this weekend. I plan on getting a project or two done.

Mavericks#1
03-31-2006, 02:47 AM
I was watching the sunset last night and the the horizon was competely red. Go Mavericks!!!

MilwaukeeJacksAlum
03-31-2006, 07:19 AM
I was watching the sunset last night and the the horizon was competely red. Go Mavericks!!!

Smog maybe?

JH81
03-31-2006, 07:57 AM

I'm sure that was more of a Husker red than a Mav red. I would guess that for some reason the Husker nation was rising up out west and that's what you saw.

Cloudy and cruddy here in the Twin Cities today.

Had a ray of sunshine yesterday though as Keith Mahlum dropped in for a quick visit and update on all things SDSU Jacks.

jackmd
03-31-2006, 11:38 AM
Keith didn't swing down to Rochester as far as I know. Would have treated him to dinner if he had. He would have gotten awfully wet, though. Still cloudy and windy here today but no rain.

JH81
03-31-2006, 11:59 AM
Keith didn't swing down to Rochester as far as I know. Would have treated him to dinner if he had. He would have gotten awfully wet, though. Still cloudy and windy here today but no rain.

High level meetings here in the Cities, that's how I ended up on his schedule ;) Gotta say though, as a former athlete and employee it's still nice of Keith to take time out of his schedule to drop in and say hi. Just happens he was in my neck of the woods. Goes to show that there are quality people making every effort to spread the word of SDSU and make this transition a successful one.

Rabbitden
03-31-2006, 12:57 PM
That red that they were seeing in Omaha wasnt from the Huskers south of them. Explanation is plain and simple...toxic waste rising from the yards. Hold your breath were going through Omaha. :-X :-X :-X
Go Jacks!

jackmd
03-31-2006, 01:04 PM
That red that they were seeing in Omaha wasnt from the Huskers south of them. Explanation is plain and simple...toxic waste rising from the yards. Hold your breath were going through Omaha. :-X :-X :-X
Go Jacks!

My dad always said the same for Sioux City followed by Catch your breath before Omaha.

JH81
04-03-2006, 09:51 AM
Beautiful sunny day and blue skies. Gotta love being one of the Jackrabbit faithful.

MAVPOWER
04-03-2006, 05:59 PM
Mav1 - I saw the same sunset and thought the same. Two great minds truly do think the same!! Go Mavs and go Huskers and go Creighton

PS - This officially pertains to sdsu bc SDSU is playing CU and NU this year.

Rabbitlivinginverm
04-03-2006, 07:01 PM
Mav1 - I saw the same sunset and thought the same. Two great minds truly do think the same!! Go Mavs and go Huskers and go Creighton

PS - This officially pertains to sdsu bc SDSU is playing CU and NU this year.

Mavpower,

I've been meaning to ask, what's with the name change?

MAVPOWER
04-03-2006, 07:47 PM
Mavpower just seems to more accurately represent the sign of the times at uno. ;D

NightHawk78
04-03-2006, 07:59 PM
Wow. I didn't know that UNO was able to gain so much power out of the 4-8 and 5-7 conference records that their basketball teams posted this year. Perhaps they will receive an automatic invitation to the Elite 8 next spring if they can just get over .500 in conference play.......

BTW- what are the the mighty, all-powerful UNO Mavs going to do when the NCC falls apart at the seams when UND goes to D-1?

I have a hunch the sky will be pretty gray and gloomy over MavLand when UND bolts to greener pastures..........

Mavericks#1
04-04-2006, 04:03 AM
Sky is very blue in Nebraska today. Nebraska and Creighton play in a matchup of top 25 teams. Probably draw around 10,000 people to the game which is more than the entire population of South Dakota minus the rednecks. UNO women's softball is ranked #14 and our baseball team is 23-7. Best of all I don't have to work at Dairy Queen like someone else we know.

Mavs#1

P.S. This is related to SDSU in the fact that the rabbits played the Huskers and Bluejays are afraid to play the Mavericks.

thebluehatman
04-04-2006, 08:15 AM
The sky is probably blue in Nebraska because my aim with an M-16 in my ROTC leadership class sucks and I probably sent some stray bullets that pierced the "Mav" Red Sky. ;D

RodentiaX1
04-04-2006, 08:40 AM
You got fired from Dairy Queen, Mav?

You say your posts are related to SDSU, but I'm having some difficulty figuring out how they are related to, well, anything. I don't think I'm the only one scratching my head thinking "I <i>believe</i> that is <i>intended</i> to be some sort of smack..."

Aren't you the one who said that women's sports doesn't matter? But thanks for the update on the D-II softball poll.

Mavericks#1
04-04-2006, 08:45 AM
Aren't you the one who said that women's sports doesn't matter? But thanks for the update on the D-II softball poll.

That would be Mavpower.

Rabbitlivinginverm
04-04-2006, 10:00 AM
That would be Mavpower.

Uh-oh, fighting amongst the Maverick Nation?

thebluehatman
04-04-2006, 10:05 AM
I'm sure Solari could make the disarray amongst the Mav nation into a front page argus sports page article. I sure Solari paid for someone to write the argus to write a letter to the editor about college hockey coverage. ;D Solari's sky would be blue if there was D1 hockey in the area so he could cover it;D.

JH81
04-05-2006, 08:12 PM
It truly is a blue sky day with the opening of the new forum. Kudos to filbert (and Tony) on making this transition quick. Looks like I'm the first to post over hear, so Kudos to me as well [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

By the way, love the new options. Emoticons rock!

filbert
04-05-2006, 08:18 PM
I'm still trying to get the hang of the new place myself. Lots of new bells and whistles. Should be fun . . .

jackmd
04-05-2006, 08:39 PM
Had to see what my voice would sound like in this new forum.

jackmd
04-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Had to see what my voice would sound like in this new forum.

I like it. Bit of an echo tonight as I cheer along with the fight and school songs but it will fill up.

NorCalJack
04-06-2006, 01:13 AM
Well I thought I would dip my toe into the new pool. [smiley=bath.gif]

The water is warm, I like the feel of the new board.

You did good Filbert.

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)

Rabbitden
04-06-2006, 07:30 AM
Flibert, nice job...this is very nice. :D
Like all the additions. 8-) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
GO JACKS!