At least your women scored some runs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At least your women scored some runs

Nebraska 8 SDSU 3. Maybe next year they can play the Husker men in baseball and do much better then your men did.

Re: At least your women scored some runs

You know, I'm starting understand why some board members think that Mav#1 is worth keeping around.

I mean, really. Smacking about softball???

*chortle*

Oh, yeah. I also note your implied slam on the Nebraska Huskers baseball team, too. Well done, mon freire, well done.

**double chortle**
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Way to go Rabbits. I brag your womens team up and then they proceed to have a no-hitter thrown at them by a freshman and then get shutout in the second game. Real competitive :-[ :-[ :-[

Lincoln – Freshman right-hander Molly Hill tossed the first no-hitter of her career, allowing just one walk and striking out seven in the 16th-ranked Nebraska softball team's 8-0 five-inning run-rule victory over South Dakota State in game one of a doubleheader at Bowlin Stadium Wednesday afternoon.

Hill faced just one batter over the minimum and silenced the Jackrabbits, who plated three runs off Hill on Tuesday night. With the victory, Hill improved to an impressive 15-1 in the circle. The win was Nebraska’s ninth straight and improved the Huskers to 29-6 overall, while pushing their record at home at Bowlin Stadium to a perfect 11-0.

South Dakota State fell to 14-20 with the loss. Jenna Marston (6-7) suffered the defeat, allowing seven runs (four earned) on five hits in 3.1 innings.

Offensively, Nebraska recorded seven hits and did not strike out. Senior Jessica Yoachim led six Huskers who had a hit with a 2-for-3 day. Fellow seniors Lizzy Aumua and Trisha Tannahill, along with junior Jamie Waldecker each produced two RBIs.

The Huskers took an early 2-0 lead in the bottom of the first inning as Yoachim began the frame with a bunt single to third base. After an error and a fly out, Tannahill brought Yoachim and Waldecker home with a line-drive double to left center field.

Aumua and Waldecker each produced their RBIs in the bottom of the fourth inning to lead the six-run frame that put the run-rule into effect.

Tannahill led off and reached first base on a throwing error before junior Devin Porter grounded out to first to bring Tannahill to second base. Senior Katie Linke and and freshman Meghan Mullin walked to load the bases before junior Carmen Kier singled to center field to bring in Tannahill.

With the bases still loaded, Aumua kept the Huskers rolling with a booming double to right center field, bringing in junior pinch runner Jaime Borg and Mullin. After a single and a stolen base by Yoachim, Waldecker put the Huskers up 8-0 with a two-run single that plated Aumua and Yoachim.

Nebraska and South Dakota State are currently playing game two of the doubleheader.

Box Score

Comment

And who says DI programs don't attract a larger fan base? Here we have a fan from an out-of-state DII program following one of our "fringe" sports closer than he follows his own school's mainstream sports. Nice!
        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne
          And who says DI programs don't attract a larger fan base? Here we have a fan from an out-of-state DII program following one of our "fringe" sports closer than he follows his own school's mainstream sports. Nice!

Actually I follow the Huskers and happen to see that SDSU played them. I would imagine more of your fans would follow the fringe sports if you were good at them. Did I mention that our womens softball is ranked #11 and mens baseball is ranked #13. Are you ranked???? Bummer :'( :'( :'(

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
            [quote author=jacksfaninne link=1144808686/0#3 date=1144898972]And who says DI programs don't attract a larger fan base? Here we have a fan from an out-of-state DII program following one of our "fringe" sports closer than he follows his own school's mainstream sports. Nice!

Actually I follow the Huskers and happen to see that SDSU played them. I would imagine more of your fans would follow the fringe sports if you were good at them. Did I mention that our womens softball is ranked #11 and mens baseball is ranked #13. Are you ranked???? Bummer  :'( :'( :'(
            [/quote]

When you say our do you mean the Huskers, Bluejays or Mavericks?

Comment

Mavericks of course. Although all of those teams with the exception of Bluejay softball is currently ranked.

Comment

Mavericks of course. Although all of those teams with the exception of Bluejay softball is currently ranked.
                What a quandry that information must put you in. Since you've previously stated you only really care about mens basketball and football.
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Are you ranked???? Bummer :'( :'( :'(
                  Are you a UNO fan???? Now that's a bummer :'( :'( :'(
                  @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                  --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

If the Jackrabbits were at all interested in D-II rankings, they would have stayed in D-II. Who is #1 in NAIA? Maybe they should come here and talk smack to Mav.

Comment

Working...
                    X