Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look whose getting some national TV time!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look whose getting some national TV time!!

not the D1 school from South Dakota. :'( :'( :'(

UNO Wrestlers Featured on CBS
    UNO's wrestling team, which captured its third straight NCAA Division II title in March, will be featured this Saturday on Championships of the NCAA at noon CDT. The show is carried by CBS Television.

Interviews with Maverick coach Mike Denney and four-time national heavyweight champion Les Sigman will be part of the feature.

Re: Look whose getting some national TV time!!

That is ok we had three of our games carried live on National TV by ESPNU, not some lame interview show.  However, congrats to you.   I know it is hard, if not almost impossible, for D-II schools to get even that.  You are realling sticking it to USD.  Maybe you should post this on their board since they too are D-II and might give a damn.

Go State!  

Comment

awwww the poor mavs want some attention from the national scene. how cute :

Comment

Les is from South Dakota though. And his High School coach attended SDSU.

Comment

Cox Cable - Omaha doesn't even get espnU - tells you just how important that station is!!
          By the way congrats to sdsu - things are looking up in the conference affiliation. Looks like you will probably be able to weasel your way into some conference before your five year period is up. 89 rabbit and filbert can go down to hale arena every year and smell the cow manure on the way to their exciting umkc - sdsu yearly matchups.

Comment

Bitter, bitter, bitter. ;D

Go State!

Comment

Lonely one...Cox Cable and Omaha must be still using cans and wires to get their communications if they dont get ESPNU? Considering it is offered on almost every cable and satalite service in the US. :-/

Congratulations to UNO for getting some air time but most of all congratulations to a SD kid that is stealing most of it. ;D

You should go over to the USD site and brag considering they are the only ones that would really care about whats happening in that stink pit you call a home. :-[

You must be on the night shift over at the packing plant for all the time you spend on this site during the day. You working on a piece rate? If not you should ask to be...it's better money and that will allow you to leave Oinkmaha once and awhile to find a clue about the real world. :-?

Comment

Originally posted by MAVPOWER
                Cox Cable - Omaha doesn't even get espnU - tells you just how important that station is!!
                By the way congrats to sdsu - things are looking up in the conference affiliation.  Looks like you will probably be able to weasel your way into some conference before your five year period is up.  89 rabbit and filbert can go down to hale arena every year and smell the cow manure on the way to their exciting umkc - sdsu yearly matchups.
                Envy/jealousy always brings out the worst. Pity is all we can offer. God am I glad I am not one of these UNO losers! Just another one of the many reasons its great to be a Jackrabbit.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

What's your point? The D-II wrestling champions get a mention on a saturday afternoon show. I don't begrudge D-II, D-III or the NAIA what little national attention they get. Enjoy watching the program. If Bemidji State had one a D-II national title, I'd be watching the program as well. But, contrary to what you seem to think, D-I teams aren't seething with jealousy that they aren't winning D-II championships. If you want to use this to talk some smack against Bemidji State, maybe you'ld have something there. But attempting to use this as smack against a D-I team is just empty. I'm not putting down D-II, I watched the D-II men's basketball championship, and rooted for Winona. But you don't hear Winona talking smack about D-I teams, because they would quite rightly be laughed at if they did so.

Comment

There just isn't anyone here that cares if the Mavericks win the title every year in every sport.

UNO was the sweaty armpit of the NCC and that still stands!

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MAVPOWER
                       Looks like you will probably be able to weasel your way into some conference before your five year period is up.  89 rabbit and filbert can go down to hale arena every year and smell the cow manure on the way to their exciting umkc - sdsu yearly matchups.
                      Weasel? As compared to not getting in on our own merits? Mav, you should change your color from red and green! Besides, when UND and St. Cloud State make the jump to D-1, you'll still be stuck, trying to work out a 2-and-one contract with Truman State, or worse, Upper Iowa!

Dude, you really need to understand that we no longer care about you guys. Now if you want to come up here and beat your puny chests and try to engage in a little schaudenfreude, go right ahead. But it's a futile effort.

In fact your efforts to try and make us CARE about what goes on in your little backwater school is the definition of insanity... insanity, by the way, is doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results.

It's okay, though, admitting you have a problem is the first step towards recovery. Realize we no longer care about your crappy school and you'll be a lot happier.
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

What was Les Stigman's record against Kole Konrad and Steve Maco?

Comment

Working...
                        X