The College World Series is Great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The College World Series is Great

I was at the series tonight and really enjoyed myself. Got to thinking that Omaha has the college world series and South Dakota has lots of keno and other types of worthless gambling to entertain its citizens. Oh yeah - 89Rabbit and Filbert get to be entertained by the hapless KC Royals and if they want to see an occasional victory they have to go over to see those exciting T-Bones play. Well at least KC gets the Walmart convention every so often. We will take the series you can have the T-Bones and Walmart.

Re: The College World Series is Great

The D-I College World Series is Great, and Omaha does a great job of hosting it. Too bad your school will NEVER even have a chance to be part of it.

Go State!  

Comment

I was there over the weekend, mav. I thought the bathrooms were as clean and fresh as I've ever seen them. Keep up the good work!
      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Mavpower, my friend, I really don't know how this constitutes smack. I think most of the members on this board think that Omaha is a pretty nifty city. You have a world-class zoo, the Old Market area is neat, the Qwest Center is a nice venue, and the airport there is quite a bit handier than MSP (if Sioux Falls isn't a viable option for your trip). I think it a great thing that the CWS is held in your fair city every year. In fact, I think your attitude (which there can be hope for) and the UNO mentality-for-mediocrity (probably hopeless until all of the current administrators get sent down the river on a barge) are the two of the few drawbacks that Omaha has.

Comment

Originally posted by MAVPOWER
          I was at the series tonight and really enjoyed myself. Got to thinking that Omaha has the college world series and South Dakota has lots of keno and other types of worthless gambling to entertain its citizens. Oh yeah - 89Rabbit and Filbert get to be entertained by the hapless KC Royals and if they want to see an occasional victory they have to go over to see those exciting T-Bones play. Well at least KC gets the Walmart convention every so often. We will take the series you can have the T-Bones and Walmart.
          So sorry, Mav*, but I went to the White Sox/Cardinals game tonight.

Keep trying, you may eventually get something right.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
            Mavpower, my friend, I really don't know how this constitutes smack. I think most of the members on this board think that Omaha is a pretty nifty city. You have a world-class zoo, the Old Market area is neat, the Qwest Center is a nice venue, and the airport there is quite a bit handier than MSP (if Sioux Falls isn't a viable option for your trip). I think it a great thing that the CWS is held in your fair city every year. In fact, I think your attitude (which there can be hope for) and the UNO mentality-for-mediocrity (probably hopeless until all of the current administrators get sent down the river on a barge) are the two of the few drawbacks that Omaha has.
            For the Mav* boys, talking about anything in Nebraska = Smack.

Simple, really.

As they are.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne
              I was there over the weekend, mav. I thought the bathrooms were as clean and fresh as I've ever seen them. Keep up the good work!

If the bathrooms were clean and fresh, it must have been mavs weekend off.

Comment

Mavs keeping the Omaha bathrooms "fresh"

Keep up the good work, Mavs!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

I was at the series tonight and really enjoyed myself.  Got to thinking that Omaha has the college world series and South Dakota has lots of keno and other types of worthless gambling to entertain its citizens.  Oh yeah - 89Rabbit and Filbert get to be entertained by the hapless KC Royals and if they want to see an occasional victory they have to go over to see those exciting T-Bones play.  Well at least KC gets the Walmart convention every so often.  We will take the series you can have the T-Bones and Walmart.
                  What, am I chopped liver? Brewers baseball, Cubs and Whitesox approx a 1 hour drive away, Bears and Packers games. And don't forget the beer and cheese. The Brew City? Hello? That says nothing of Summerfest, Irishfest, Germanfest, Festiva Mexicana, Polishfest, ________fest (fill in your nationality, because we have a fest for it). Of all the things you've said, Mav, this one really hurt.
                  "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

To be honest... seeing how the Pack played this year, MJA, I wouldn't be braggin them up TOO much!! LOL

The one time I was in Omaha, I thought I heard someone setting off fireworks next to my hotel room... then I was suprised to discover those were gunshots.

I think I'll take my little "podunk" Brookings over that hell-hole!
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I'm a Bears fan so I actually enjoyed the Pack and their struggles last year.
                      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I was at the series tonight and really enjoyed myself.  Got to thinking that Omaha has the college world series and South Dakota has lots of keno and other types of worthless gambling to entertain its citizens.  Oh yeah - 89Rabbit and Filbert get to be entertained by the hapless KC Royals and if they want to see an occasional victory they have to go over to see those exciting T-Bones play.  Well at least KC gets the Walmart convention every so often.  We will take the series you can have the T-Bones and Walmart.
                        Seriously MAVPOWER, you MAV* twins are like big boogers that you can't flick!

This is really getting old!

Next your probably going to expound on the virtues of Maverick football vs. The Kansas City Chiefs!

You are not doing the Omaha Chamber of Commerce any favors with your worthless posts on here!

Get back under your rock!

SUPERBUNNY

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Mav*, just wondering how your Nebraska 'Huskers did in the World Series this year? What, they're not in the finals? Must be a mistake. Wait a minute, they didn't advance out of the regionals at all?? Must have been a tough road atmostphere they were playing in. You've got to be kidding, they were the regional host?? I guess you never mentioned any of this on our beloved board.

As much as baseball bores me in general, I have to admit I would really enjoy the College World Series just for the atmosphere alone.
                          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

That was a dark day in Omaha. Kicking a person while they are down is a rather unattractive quality. Baseball under the lights at rosenblatt is really beautiful. Prediction - the Huskers will back in the series before SDSU ever gets there.

Comment

The Huskers will back in the series before SDSU ever gets there.
                              At the rate your athletic program is going, will your Mavs even have a baseball team?
                              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                              X