PDA

View Full Version : UND going D-1, UNO left behind

HoboD
06-21-2006, 04:41 PM
Gee Mav. Looks like your going to have to play with yourself now. Of course my guess is you have been doing alot of that for a long time.

Rabbitlivinginverm
06-21-2006, 04:43 PM
I'm listening to Craig and Mike :-[. They just said something about a big hit to athletics down at UNO. They will discussing it later on in the program. Stig will also be on 4:00.

Jacks02
06-21-2006, 05:00 PM
UNO cut its athletic budget by $440,000 by eliminating a bunch of positions, including I believe some assistant coaching positions. Also said that all athletic programs were supposed to cut back on spending as much as possible.

NightHawk78
06-21-2006, 05:01 PM
The Mav twins have to break out their nice stationary so they can beg to the MIAA for admittance once the NCC shuts down for good in two years.

thebluehatman
06-21-2006, 05:19 PM
i forget who they said was the sinking ship in a post a while back... looks like they were compensating for their own internal struggles *tear tear* :'(

MAVPOWER
06-21-2006, 09:26 PM
If we do have to beg I can think of no better place to turn to for advice than brookings, sd where you have been unsuccessfully begging the big sky and the mid cont for 3 years now. Maybe your fortunes will turn one of these days.

JackTwice
06-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Yes our fortunes will turn. But unlike you ours are turning in a positive direction.

water
06-21-2006, 10:31 PM
Just what is the overall financial condition of SDSU's athletic dept. after two year at DI? Is fundraising on track? Is all of the travel taking a financial toll? Are the 'minor' sports safe from the cutting block.

Very few DI schools are in the black in the athletic dept. Curious what the situation is in Brookings.

CatchEmAll
06-21-2006, 10:46 PM
Just what is the overall financial condition of SDSU's athletic dept. after two year at DI? Is fundraising on track? Is all of the travel taking a financial toll? Are the 'minor' sports safe from the cutting block.

Very few DI schools are in the black in the athletic dept. Curious what the situation is in Brookings.

All that info has been posted here and on the SDSU athletic web site. If you'd take five minutes and do some looking you'll find it yourself instead of asking just to try to irk some of the regulars on here.

MAVPOWER
06-21-2006, 10:47 PM
Sportsfan, According to most people on this site things are just going great at sdsu. Couldn't be better. NOt a problem in the world. ;)

89rabbit
06-21-2006, 11:00 PM
Things are cetainly going better here then they are at UNO and USD.

Go State! :)

Rabbitlivinginverm
06-21-2006, 11:22 PM
Sportsfan, According to most people on this site things are just going great at sdsu. Couldn't be better. NOt a problem in the world. ;)

What did they cut the athletic budget by at U.N.O.? A 1/2 million dollars?? And the coaches (what's left of them) were told to trim even more fat? Soon, the only activity at U.N.O. will be UNO! Skip Mav 1, Mavpower, Draw 2!

89rabbit
06-21-2006, 11:32 PM

What did they cut the athletic budget by at U.N.O.? A 1/2 million dollars?? And the coaches (what's left of them) were told to trim even more fat? Soon, the only activity at U.N.O. will be UNO! Skip Mav 1, Mavpower, Draw 2!

Now that is funny! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

NightHawk78
06-21-2006, 11:37 PM

;D ;D ;D Great to see that living in Verminville hasn't ruined your sense of humor! ;D ;D ;D

SUPERBUNNY
06-22-2006, 11:11 AM

Now that's funny, I don't care who you root for! LMFAO!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

RodentiaX1
06-22-2006, 12:05 PM
By any honest measure, SDSU's D-I move is going pretty well.

jackmd
06-22-2006, 12:32 PM

Wallow some more. You can't pick and choose numbers, dates or times to try and judge what is a dynamic process. It would be great if we had a $20 million dollar athletic program right now. We don't. I'd sure rather have a relatively "underfunded" DI program than a massively over-funded lesser division program like the ones I suspect you support.

MilwaukeeJacksAlum
06-22-2006, 04:04 PM
Regardless of what side of the fence you are on with this thing, the recent news regarding UND moving up, the NCC debating whether to merge with the NSIC (sadly), and all of the recent articles about Augie, USD, UNO, etc. wringing their hands about their future and/or cutting their athletic budgets is all the proof that is necessary to prove SDSU made the right decision when we joined NDSU in the move to D1. The same schools who are left trying to figure out how their pants ended up on the floor in all of this, were the same schools who ridiculed and villified the State schools for their move back when the decision was announced. And it should be pointed out that SDSU and NDSU pushed hard for the other members of the NCC to join them in the move. I have a lot of great memories of my time in the NCC and will continue to remember with pride the '90s when the NCC was the best conference in DII hands down. But, when articles are being published about a merger with the NSIC, I cringe. That's not the NCC I remember. The unfortunate thing was the writing was on the wall 5 years ago and it seems that SDSU and NDSU were the only ones willing to believe what their decoder ring was telling them. This is not a "told you so", just the facts. Facts that even the most zealous anti-SDSU fan would not be able to argue against.

bisonbacker
06-22-2006, 04:15 PM
There has been alot of talk going on about the old NCC and whats going to happen and of course the standard gossip/speculation by many over where they will end up. What I find interesting is that some believe a few of the old NCC schools will make the move up. As a few others on Bisonville have eluded too, I hope we (NDSU and SDSU) didn't do all this work just to end up in a watered down version of the old NCC in DI. und making the move up is questionable as the financing questions haven't been addressed and with the naming rights issue with the NCAA I think the taxpayers of the state of ND had ought to be asking alot of questions about where the $$$$ is coming from to fund all these moves. UNO is a prime example of funding issues and its too bad whats going on down there but if you don't have the backing of alumni and the area the school is located in then it just won't work. That's why I have to question the grand forks and und move. According to their own study over half were opposed to it, well this whole topic will hopefully come to a end when NDSU and SDSU get into a conference. Preferably one that doesn't include und.

jackphd
06-22-2006, 04:58 PM
Regardless of what side of the fence you are on with this thing, the recent news regarding UND moving up, the NCC debating whether to merge with the NSIC (sadly), and all of the recent articles about Augie, USD, UNO, etc. wringing their hands about their future and/or cutting their athletic budgets is all the proof that is necessary to prove SDSU made the right decision when we joined NDSU in the move to D1. The same schools who are left trying to figure out how their pants ended up on the floor in all of this, were the same schools who ridiculed and villified the State schools for their move back when the decision was announced.

Good point. That's one point I have been waiting to hear/read in the media coverage of UND going to D1. Clearly, the UND move (and USD's "study") should lay to rest any questions about SDSU/NDSU moving to D1. It had to happen. Period. And now some of those who tried to shoot us down (you know who I'm talking about, USD) are realizing that President Miller and Dr. Oien were right and they were wrong. I do think a little "I told you so" is in order. Witness this statement from Jim Abbott in the Argus today: "... we can't ignore the ever-changing external landscape in intercollegiate athletics."

Um... yeah. That's pretty much exactly what SDSU administrators said several years ago, and then USD supporters spent an inordinate amount of time and effort trying to torpedo the move.

SUPERBUNNY
06-22-2006, 05:05 PM
There has been alot of talk going on about the old NCC and whats going to happen and of course the standard gossip/speculation by many over where they will end up. What I find interesting is that some believe a few of the old NCC schools will make the move up. As a few others on Bisonville have eluded too, I hope we (NDSU and SDSU) didn't do all this work just to end up in a watered down version of the old NCC in DI. und making the move up is questionable as the financing questions haven't been addressed and with the naming rights issue with the NCAA I think the taxpayers of the state of ND had ought to be asking alot of questions about where the $$$$ is coming from to fund all these moves. UNO is a prime example of funding issues and its too bad whats going on down there but if you don't have the backing of alumni and the area the school is located in then it just won't work. That's why I have to question the grand forks and und move. According to their own study over half were opposed to it, well this whole topic will hopefully come to a end when NDSU and SDSU get into a conference. Preferably one that doesn't include und.

BisonBacker, I have to ask you a question. Wouldn't it be appealing to you to have UND in a conference with NDSU and SDSU a couple of years down the road after they have gone through a couple of years of transition like we have both done?

It seems to me that would be appealling to both North Dakota schools. There has been plenty of speculation that UND making the move could possibly hurt SDSU's chances of landing in a conference. That isn't my belief, but it's out there.

Being in the Mid-Con with both NDSU and UND down the road would be awesome. I've always thought UND was an upper-level NCC school and they will probably fit into D-I just fine. The suprise to me is that they hadn't announced much sooner. I don't really see any other current NCC schools making the jump and having a fighting chance.

SUPERBUNNY

rabbitman
06-22-2006, 06:00 PM
For reference, here is the budget cut release
a cut-n-paste off the UNO athletic website.....

6/20/2006
Revenue Shortfall Forces Budget, Staff Cuts
The University of Nebraska at Omaha Department of Athletics is projecting a revenue shortfall for the 2005-06 fiscal year. In order to help re-balance expenditures with revenues, a number of steps will be taken, said David Herbster, UNO director of athletics.

Five staff positions will be eliminated, with the duties associated with those positions reassigned to existing staff.

"These cuts, while difficult on a personal level, are being made to protect the integrity of UNO’s roster of men’s and women’s sports,” Herbster said.

Targeted operating budget reductions total $440,000, 6.47 percent of the total budget for UNO Athletics.

There are several reasons for the revenue shortfall, Herbster said. The costs associated with use of the Qwest Center Omaha as home ice for Maverick hockey are substantial. In addition, gate receipts are down, which can be attributed – in part – to increased competition for the entertainment dollar in the metropolitan area.

Herbster said athletics administration is in the process of developing a revenue enhancement plan to increase gate receipts, sponsorships and fund-raising efforts.

“The UNO administration remains fully committed to Maverick Athletics,” said UNO Chancellor Nancy Belck. “We value the role it plays in helping our student athletes develop into responsible citizens who make important contributions to their communities.”

Belck said the administration also recognizes the contributions of athletics in bringing regional, statewide and national attention to the UNO campus and what it can offer today’s college student. The Mavericks brought home a national soccer championship in 2005, a national wrestling championship in 2006 and 4 conference titles in 2005-06.

NightHawk78
06-22-2006, 07:13 PM
At least UNO still has enough money to keep its website up and running. Maybe the Mav twins will volunteer to help out in the Atheltic Dept. ;)

JBNJBQ
07-03-2006, 10:17 AM
NO NEED TO WORRY. UNO OFFICIALS ARE TAKING THEIR USUAL APPROPRIATE ACTION:

http://www.cs.bgu.ac.il/~kleini/salar%20-%20head%20stand.jpg

THERE IS A LOT OF SAND IN OMAHA

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

NightHawk78
07-03-2006, 12:08 PM
Actually, the UNO administrators are currently hiding in the Sand Hills (and burying their heads) so the angry athletic boosters and the Mav twins don't find them.......

thebluehatman
07-03-2006, 01:00 PM
Outta curiousity, I forgot who the Mavs big rival was. maybe it was us, cuz i mean look how jealous they are that the mid con is looking at including us in their conference, but i could be wrong.

Mavs_Rule
07-03-2006, 03:57 PM
key word is looking. You have been left standing at the alter before.

jackrabit1
07-03-2006, 04:05 PM
key word is looking. You have been left standing at the alter before.

You're right, we were stood up at the altar by the B.S. Conference... but I'm looking forward to our Jacks and the rest of the Great West beating the SNOT out of those pretentious pricks for years to come.

Besides, we have more conference affiliations with the MidCon than we would have with the B.S. (baseball, wrestling, etc.)

UNO's problems kind of remind me of the movie "PCU" in which the dean of the college guts the hockey team's dormitory in order to house the Lesbian Transgendered Asian Vegan Studies department! Where's Jeremy Piven when you need him?!?!

1bunnies
07-03-2006, 04:42 PM
I will be the first to admit that UNO has always had a strong wrestling program, but 4 conferences titles in the NCC that no longer includes UNC, NDSU, & SDSU. Big deal. Heck USD can finally win two-thirds of their football games against the likes of Upper Iowa.

RodentiaX1
07-03-2006, 05:09 PM
Someone had better take any sharp objects away from the Mavbots when SDSU gets the formal invite to the Mid-Con. That will take away it's only hope in life.

If you listened to the Mavbots (why one would do that, I don't know) you would think that SDSU has been wandering in the wilderness for ages upon ages without a conference. There's about a 99.9% chance of SDSU getting into the Mid-Con, campus visits are usually just a formality.

MAVPOWER
07-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Hey boys I want you to know that I predicted (courtesy Of bob danenhauer's knowlege) that you would make the mid continent conference at least a year ago. No surprise here. Remember I have seen many mid con games in the past decade and have no argument about you in the mid con. That is d1 in name only - have fun playing a hale gym in kc, ks. At least filbert and 89 can make it to some games. Your rural school doesn't fit their conf makeup but they tend to take anybody and you fit that bill. congrats.

jackrabit1
07-03-2006, 10:49 PM
Hey boys I want you to know that I predicted (courtesy Of bob danenhauer's knowlege) that you would make the mid continent conference at least a year ago. No surprise here. Remember I have seen many mid con games in the past decade and have no argument about you in the mid con. That is d1 in name only - have fun playing a hale gym in kc, ks. At least filbert and 89 can make it to some games. Your rural school doesn't fit their conf makeup but they tend to take anybody and you fit that bill. congrats.

Yep, keep telling yourself that when the NCC folds and you get to play quality programs like the University of Mary, Upper Iowa, and Truman State. Good luck making the playoffs playing them... just ask USD!

89rabbit
07-03-2006, 10:52 PM
Having seen a game at Hale I was struck by just how much it reminded me of Sapp Fieldhouse. Of course it is much bigger and newer and nicer then Sapp.

http://gomavs.unomaha.edu/facilities/images/sapp.gif
Sapp Fieldhouse (Cap 3,500) - I like how the UNO athletic department took the picture when the Rabbits were in town so that the stands would be full. Too bad for UNO most of the people there are cheering for SDSU. Not much red in the picture. ;D

http://www.sportkc.org/images/ph_HaleArena.jpg
Hale Arena (Cap 5,000) - part time home for UMKC when Wal-Mart takes over Municipal Auditorium for their annual meetings. It is too bad that UMKC can't play all it's games at Municipal, but still better then that dump you guys call home.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/umkc/galleries/Municipal/muni4-lg.jpg
Municipal Auditorium (Cap 9,827) - UNO could only dream of having a place this nice to call home.

P.S. Hale Arena is in Kansas City, MO not KCK. I would have thought you would have known that being such an expert on KC and all. ::)

Mavs_Rule
07-03-2006, 11:05 PM

That #54 that used to play for you was the ugliest player to ever enter Sapp Fieldhouse. I understand now that he wears blue hats to the games. Sapp looks a lot nicer than the last time you were in it because we have added three national title banners since you were last there. :) :)

Mavs#1

MAVPOWER
07-03-2006, 11:43 PM
My mistake on that 89. Every time I go to the west bottoms down there I always think I am in KC, KS. They both have the same kind of urban gritty feel to it. Both very depressing places to be.
*** By the way it is great that Mav1 is back in the fold. I hadn't heard from you in such a long time I thought you were expelled form this site. Expelling you from this site would be equivalent to kicking ron artest our of the nba. You both may be controversial but you both can "bring it" every nite. You bring quality to the table just like Mr Artest.
** Mav - don't make fun of the Jack's lack of banners. They did win some national titles in the 50's in men's bb and we can never forget that NCC fb title in 1963. They're still buzzing about that one up there.
Mav - great avatar. Lots of beautiful women at UNO - below is a picture of the typical SDSU female student
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fs earch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dobese%2Bwoman%26fr%3DFP-tab-img-t-t400%26toggle%3D1%26cop%3D%26ei%3DUTF-8&w=343&h=394&imgurl=mywits.com%2Fimages%2Fuploads %2Fbigfatwoman.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.milita ry.com%2Fgroupee%2Fforums%2Fa%2Ftpc%2Ff%2F69719858 %2Fm%2F6070099610001%2Finc%2F-1&size=29.4kB&name=bigfatwoman.jpg&p=obese+woman&t ype=jpeg&no=19&tt=368&ei=UTF-8

89rabbit
07-03-2006, 11:56 PM

That #54 that used to play for you was the ugliest player to ever enter Sapp Fieldhouse. I understand now that he wears blue hats to the games. Sapp looks a lot nicer than the last time you were in it because we have added three national title banners since you were last there. :) :)

Mavs#1

Yea isn't it sad how watered down D-II has become. Now even UNO is winning National Championships. ;)

NCAA D-II National Championships by NCC teams (before all the good teams left)

NDSU = 17
SDSU = 8
UND = 4
Minn. St. = 3
UNO = 3
UNC = 2
USD = 2
Augie = 1
Morningside = 0
St. Cloud = 0

P.S. MAVPOWER her is our break down by decade of our National Championships:

1950's = 1
1960's = 1
1970's = 1
1980's = 3
1990's = 1
2000's = 1

D-II was lots of fun and as you can see we were very good at it, but it was time to move on to bigger challenges. Best of luck to the Mav twins, it is very strange to see a school doing so well in athletic competition and doing so poorly with its bottom line. :-? I remember when you guys openly wondered how we would ever afford our move to D-I when you should have been worrying about how your school was going to afford D-II. ;D

Mavs_Rule
07-04-2006, 02:43 AM

Mavs#1

P.S. MAVPOWER her is our break down by decade of our National Championships:

1950's = 1
1960's = 1
1970's = 1
1980's = 3
1990's = 1
2000's = 1

While you are at it can you break down your conference football championships by decades starting with 1960's.

Mavs#1

1bunnies
07-04-2006, 08:55 AM
Mavpower & Mavrules,

I'll do the Math for you. That's 27 National Championships for NDSU, SDSU, & UNC. That leaves 13 for the remainder of the teams from the old NCC. Those same teams that are going to choose between NAIA or a watered down NCC/NSIC merger. Good luck at the lower level. We will never know how you actually do, because we don't care.

MAVPOWER
07-04-2006, 07:33 PM
Mav, SDSU will probably get into the MID Cont. That conference has been around for about 25 years and I would wager that over that time they have had close to that many members. It is a starting point for schools and the league is constantly changing. I am sure und and usd will be looked at by that league, too as would UNO if we choose to go. Heck UNO makes tons more sense in that league than the dakota schools do but I hope we go to the miaa instead.
I know when sdsu gets invited it will be seen as a great victory but 90 percent of the people on this site were dissing the mid con when they thought the BS was going to be an option.

jacksfaninne
07-05-2006, 12:44 AM
but I hope we go to the miaa instead.

Classic uno mentality ... why stop at the miaa? Maybe the RMAC will have you, or maybe you could really strive for something ... how about the GPAC? Just imagine the in-state rivalries. What a huge boost the travel savings alone would be for your athletic dept.

jackrabit1
07-05-2006, 11:22 AM
Mav, SDSU will probably get into the MID Cont. That conference has been around for about 25 years and I would wager that over that time they have had close to that many members. It is a starting point for schools and the league is constantly changing. I am sure und and usd will be looked at by that league, too as would UNO if we choose to go. Heck UNO makes tons more sense in that league than the dakota schools do but I hope we go to the miaa instead.
I know when sdsu gets invited it will be seen as a great victory but 90 percent of the people on this site were dissing the mid con when they thought the BS was going to be an option.

I don't think anyone WAS was dissing the mid-con, MAVPOWER. If it came to be that we had to choose between the Big Sky and Mid-Con, I'm sure most of us would have chosen the Big Sky for the simple fact that most of the schools there are land-grant institutions, like SDSU and NDSU. You can search the forum and I doubt you'll find many slams on the Mid-Con.

BUT, since the B.S. Conference dangled the carrot and yanked it away, we figure SCREW EM! If the Mid-Con wants us, hey, we'll go. Yet I find it interesting that you say your school would be a better fit for the Mid-Con, considering...

1) You're still a Division II school, and your administration is still in a "defacate or get off the pot" mode. And no conference would even consider a D-II school unless there was a solid committment to moving to D-I. Which is why UND wasn't considered this time around.

2) You have massive funding problems, resulting in cutting of positions. Funny, we're adding positions and sports. Fascinating, isn't it?

Mavs_Rule
07-05-2006, 11:40 AM

Funny, we're adding positions and sports. Fascinating, isn't it?

Just more sports and staff that will have to get used to getting your arse kicked and never winning anything.

SUPERBUNNY
07-05-2006, 11:47 AM

Funny, we're adding positions and sports. Fascinating, isn't it?

Just more sports and staff that will have to get used to getting your arse kicked and never winning anything.

You really need to get your head out of the fryer grease and breath in some frsh air because you have some real struggles with basic reasoning. May I suggest a trip down to the lovely Omaha Stockyards to get your nostrils cleaned out! Nice place down there!

MAVPOWER, you continue to amaze with your lack of BRAINPOWER!

SUPERBUNNY

RodentiaX1
07-05-2006, 12:13 PM
You really need to get your head out of the fryer grease and breath in some frsh air because you have some real struggles with basic reasoning. May I suggest a trip down to the lovely Omaha Stockyards to get your nostrils cleaned out! Nice place down there!

SUPERBUNNY

Now, now... let's not assume that MAVPOWERless is stupid. There are alternative explanations. For one, he could simply be a liar. That of course does not preclude stupidity, he could be a stupid liar. Or he could be ignorant.

So he could be:
a) stupid
b) a liar
c) ignorant
d) a stupid liar
e) stupid and ignorant
f) an ignorant liar
g) a stupid, ignorant liar.

By any honest standards, SDSU's move to D-I has been successful. He could be ignorant of the facts, unable to understand those facts of simply dishonest.

I suppose he does have some amusement value, like a drunken clown tap dancing for beer money. It's sad, of course, but you can't stop watching.

thebluehatman
07-05-2006, 02:09 PM

SUPERBUNNY

Now, now... let's not assume that MAVPOWERless is stupid. There are alternative explanations. For one, he could simply be a liar. That of course does not preclude stupidity, he could be a stupid liar. Or he could be ignorant.

So he could be:
a) stupid
b) a liar
c) ignorant
d) a stupid liar
e) stupid and ignorant
f) an ignorant liar
g) a stupid, ignorant liar.

By any honest standards, SDSU's move to D-I has been successful. He could be ignorant of the facts, unable to understand those facts of simply dishonest.

I suppose he does have some amusement value, like a drunken clown tap dancing for beer money. It's sad, of course, but you can't stop watching.
i will go with a,b,c,d,e,f, and g for my answers on that. sad that they ignore their problems in there AD office, maybe if they contributed more than a dollar a year to their athletic department they could afford to add a couple of positions or sports to their "growing" athletic department.

NightHawk78
07-05-2006, 02:49 PM
I think the Mav Twins are actually suffering from mental duress caused by the simultaneous collapse of the NCC and the UNO athletic department.

A look back at recent events that have hurt UNO:

2001- Morningside leaves the NCC, eliminating a cheap away game and reducing the number of guaranteed victories for the Mavs.
2003- Northern Colorado leaves the NCC, causing misguided joy by Mav fans who didn't like to drive all the way to Greely for a game.
2004- SDSU and NDSU leave the NCC for D-1, eliminating the opportunity for Mav fans to experience the joy of "monumental" upsets over the mighty land-grants.
'03-May '06- UNO constantly reaffirms its commitment to D-2 and the NCC, despite the ongoing erosion of the NCC and continued watering-down of D-2. Monetary and leadership support for the athletic dept. from admin plumments.
June '06- UND walks away from the NCC and UNO announces the gutting of its athletic department, resulting in their boosters to stop financial support until the mess is cleared up.
Current- USD and Augie both looking at D-1. Mav fans hoping for a MIAA slot when the NCC collapses. Belck claims to look at D-1, but no one is buying it.........

Wouldn't you be pretty miserable if all this happened to you?

Hence, the answer is c) ignorant.

Mavs_Rule
07-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Back off Mavpower. I know that dude and he is neither stupid or a liar. He is a lot more entertaining that any rabbit posters. He has also contributed a lot more to this board than you have rodent (35 weak posts). Quit trying to analyze UNO's situation and try and figure out how your going to win the conference championship in football for the first time in 40 years.

Mavs#1

89rabbit
07-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Back off Mavpower. I know that dude and he is neither stupid or a liar. He is a lot more entertaining that any rabbit posters. He has also contributed a lot more to this board than you have rodent (35 weak posts). Quit trying to analyze UNO's situation and try and figure out how your going to win the conference championship in football for the first time in 40 years.

Mavs#1

Mavs,

RodentiaX1 is a Bison so your football slam doesn't really apply. With that said, I will give you the same advice, rather then analyze SDSU's situation maybe you should try and figure out how you are going to fund your D-II existence.

jackrabit1
07-05-2006, 03:22 PM

Mavs#1

Then tell him to do better research! You're dealing with people that are

1) Jackrabbit Fanatics and

2) Fanatic about their homework

He wants to talk smack, he best back it up! And the court case is cheap and non-effective for a slam, either!

filbert
07-05-2006, 03:57 PM
It may be about time for everyone to back off on the personal slams and insults, just generally.

1stRowFANatic
07-05-2006, 04:08 PM
(post deleted)

I mean it. -- filbert

filbert
07-05-2006, 04:43 PM
Further explanation of my current attack of grumpy moderator-hood:

A couple of days ago I deleted a thread whose topic was in whole an attempt at a humorous attack by one board member on another.

1) it was a personal attack (which is prohibited by the board's user agreement, although it's relaxed quite a bit on the smack section), and
2) it wasn't particularly original, clever or funny.

So I just decided it was time to tighten things up a bit regarding personal attacks. Run smack at Omaha or South Dakota or UMKC or Minnesota or SDSU for that matter, but let's try to steer away from attacking posters directly, OK?

1stRowFANatic
07-05-2006, 05:00 PM
no problem

NightHawk78
07-05-2006, 06:08 PM
I'm also assuming that the ban on personal attacks extends to any legal and personal issues of any athlete or university personnel, correct?

filbert
07-05-2006, 06:30 PM
I'm also assuming that the ban on personal attacks extends to any legal and personal issues of any athlete or university personnel, correct?

Discussion (within the bounds of good taste) of issues in the news is acceptable. Use of such issues (at SDSU or elsewhere) as rhetorical clubs with which to bash others over the head is discouraged (and says more about the poster than it does about the situation being referenced).

Posters are responsible for their own posts, and need to be mindful of that fact.

This is first and foremost a forum for SDSU Jackrabbits fans. Fans of other schools/teams are welcome but should exercise the same discretion that they would if they were discussing issues face-to-face at the corner sports bar.

The purpose of my recent moderation attempts is to remind everyone that there are actual real live people at the other end of that keyboard you're typing on.

As I've said before: Keep it civil.

jackrabit1
07-05-2006, 11:39 PM

Discussion (within the bounds of good taste) of issues in the news is acceptable. Use of such issues (at SDSU or elsewhere) as rhetorical clubs with which to bash others over the head is discouraged (and says more about the poster than it does about the situation being referenced).

Posters are responsible for their own posts, and need to be mindful of that fact.

This is first and foremost a forum for SDSU Jackrabbits fans. Fans of other schools/teams are welcome but should exercise the same discretion that they would if they were discussing issues face-to-face at the corner sports bar.

The purpose of my recent moderation attempts is to remind everyone that there are actual real live people at the other end of that keyboard you're typing on.

As I've said before: Keep it civil.

**properly chastised** :-[ Sorry, Amigo! I tend to get a little hot-headed in here and let my reasoning take a back seat.

filbert
07-06-2006, 12:26 AM
As I'm sure your elders told y'all when y'all were young'uns, it's all in good fun until someone gets their eye poked out.

;) ;) ;)