No announcement yet.

Many are called and many are chosen!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many are called and many are chosen!!!

Now that sdsu is about to get picked for the mid continent I just wanted to name the long list of mostly very undistinguished schools that have graced the halls of the mid cont conference. If I miss a few schools my apologies to those fine institutions of athletic excellence

cleveland state -
    e ill
    ill-chi
    no iowa
    sw mo
    valpo
    w ill
    wis gb
    wright st
    buffalo st
    cent ct state
    chi state
    my beloved roos
    ne ill
    troy st
    oru
    so utah
    youngstown
    oakland
    iupui
    centenary

They change schools around there like most of us change socks. Your fans are already looking to the big sky and you are not even in the mid cont conference yet.
    One suggestion - bring the conf officials to brookings at night. That way maybe they will think that you aren't so rural for their mainly urban conference.
    Also, maybe you can pretend that the hour drive after they get off the plane is because of traffic congestion and not bc you are 59 miles away from the nearest airport. Good luck boys.

Re: Many are called and many are chosen!!!

We love you too, MAVPOWER. Kiss, kiss.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

MAVPOWER, I appreciate you taking a few minutes away from the fryer between the morning hash brown rush and the noon french fry crowd to do some research for us up here! What would we ever do without you (a nice thought ain't it).

There is no doubt that there has been transition in this conference. Many teams have gone onto bigger and better conference (a plus in my book). What you fail to see is that by adding a couple of land grant institutions such as SDSU and NDSU it can do nothing but bring some stability to the conference. That is one of the major goals that the Mid-Con has for itself. If this ends up being a stepping stone for SDSU, that's fine as well!

THIS JUST IN, WE HAVEN'T BEEN INVITED YET! Probably a formality but it hasn't happened yet.

As for the Big Sky, they have our info and it wouldn't suprise me if they make a pitch at the last minute, but I'm not holding my breath!

Just give me a home where the Buffalo roam!

NOW BACK TO THE FRYER BECAUSE I WILL HAVE FRIES WITH THAT!!!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY
        MAVPOWER, I appreciate you taking a few minutes away from the fryer between the morning hash brown rush and the noon french fry crowd to do some research for us up here!  What would we ever do without you (a nice thought ain't it).

There is no doubt that there has been transition in this conference.  Many teams have gone onto bigger and better conference (a plus in my book).  What you fail to see is that by adding a couple of land grant institutions such as SDSU and NDSU it can do nothing but bring some stability to the conference.  That is one of the major goals that the Mid-Con has for itself.  If this ends up being a stepping stone for SDSU, that's fine as well!

THIS JUST IN, WE HAVEN'T BEEN INVITED YET!  Probably a formality but it hasn't happened yet.

As for the Big Sky, they have our info and it wouldn't suprise me if they make a pitch at the last minute, but I'm not holding my breath!

SUPERBUNNY
        Just a little heads up for you SUPERBUNNY:

Don't try to talk to mavpower when he's working, he gets confused easily and could hurt himself.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by MAVPOWER
          They change schools around there like most of us change socks. Your fans are already looking to the big sky and you are not even in the mid cont conference yet.
          One suggestion - bring the conf officials to brookings at night. That way maybe they will think that you aren't so rural for their mainly urban conference.
          Also, maybe you can pretend that the hour drive after they get off the plane is because of traffic congestion and not bc you are 59 miles away from the nearest airport. Good luck boys.
          Oh, my, Mavpower. Have you taken any polls of SDSU fans that are clamoring for the BS Conference??? Other than Montana and Mt. State, I don't think any of those conference members are that appealing, especially Sac and Portland States. SDSU fans would prefer that most of their games were played in the same time zone, definitely NOT the Pacific time zone as we would get ZERO coverage from the Argus for those basketball games.

The Mid-Con. people know that Brookings is rural; that information would be in the profile we sent them earlier this year. As for the airport distance, the drive is about 45 minutes, faster than it would take to get from O'Hare to downtown Chicago after you get through the airport and catch a taxi or the "L." Chartering a flight to Brookings could also be a future option (depending on the direction the city takes with the airport).

Comment

when did brookings go from 48 miles from sioux falls to 59 miles to sioux falls. did the world grow 11 miles over night? silly mav go back to geography classes.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
              when did brookings go from 48 miles from sioux falls to 59 miles to sioux falls. did the world grow 11 miles over night? silly mav go back to geography classes.
              We had that lovely discussion in another thread.

http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb...num=1152157802

I think it's actually about 53 or 54 miles from Frost Arena to the Sioux Falls airport.

Comment

yah i know about the past discussion i took part in that, but the earth must have grown since then

Comment

Ol' Mavpower is just sticking to his BB guns and using the 59-mile mark that he got from Mapquest that measured the distance between the downtowns. I tried to get the actual distance from Frost Arena to the airport, but Mapquest's system is too primative to figure it out. ;D ;D ;D

The Earth isn't growing, my blue-hatted friend, just the jealousy from the Mav twins over the successful D-1 transition by SDSU. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Comment

Originally posted by JBNJBQ
                    [quote author=SUPERBUNNY link=1152713427/0#2 date=1152715294]MAVPOWER, I appreciate you taking a few minutes away from the fryer between the morning hash brown rush and the noon french fry crowd to do some research for us up here!  What would we ever do without you (a nice thought ain't it).

There is no doubt that there has been transition in this conference.  Many teams have gone onto bigger and better conference (a plus in my book).  What you fail to see is that by adding a couple of land grant institutions such as SDSU and NDSU it can do nothing but bring some stability to the conference.  That is one of the major goals that the Mid-Con has for itself.  If this ends up being a stepping stone for SDSU, that's fine as well!

THIS JUST IN, WE HAVEN'T BEEN INVITED YET!  Probably a formality but it hasn't happened yet.

SUPERBUNNY
                    Just a little heads up for you SUPERBUNNY:

Don't try to talk to mavpower when he's working, he gets confused easily and could hurt himself.

JBNJBQ

[/quote]

ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS

Once again, you're the master JBNJBQ!!!!

MAVPOWER needs to make that his avatar!  89Rabbit, can you make it happen?????

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I think it's actually about 53 or 54 miles from Frost Arena to the Sioux Falls airport.
                      If we are going to be picky about the distance I'll throw my .02 in.  

I believe the airport exit (60th St N) is exit 83.  The second Brookings Exit is 133 so lets just say an even 50 miles and call it good.  

By the way,  
                      It is a 3 hour drive from Vegas to Cedar City, UT
                      It is a 50 mile drive from Sactown to Davis
                      It is a minimum 30 miles from the Airport (one similar in size to Brookville) To SLO or if you come in from LA its 3 hours
                      It is at least 50 miles from San Antonio or Austin to Texas State
                      It is at least 40 miles from Savannah to Georgia Southern
                      It is at least 50 miles from Denver to Greeley

I think that bigger city schools are not going to blink on a 50 minute drive from the airport to the hotel.  

Comment

Google has it at 55.8 miles.

Wellness Center to Joe Foss Field
                        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll

Thanks for the info.

JackTwice, thanks for giving our friend in Omaha some more perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll

What's the distance between MAVPOWER'S ears?

Comment

Working...
                            X