Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treat your president better!!

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...73251579463315

Boys,  you ought to  be proud to know you have the lowest paid land grant college pres. in the entire country.  That takes effort to be right at the bottom.  I will bet Dr Miller feels really appreciated being the worst paid land grant college pres in the country.
    Well, the good news though is that there is no place to go but up.

Re: Treat your president better!!

How much are they paying your Chancellor?  She is doing a bang up job.  What is the latest, paying club dues and car leases with athletics money while running a million dollar deficit?   :-?

President Miller has done an outstanding job here at SDSU, and it sounds like the state of South Dakota got a bargin to boot.  It makes me respect her all the more.

Go State!  

Comment

The Board of Regents is VERY aware of the situation regarding presidential pay and the members are very willing to establish a proper compensation level to ensure that SDSU's next president will be a top-callibar person. As for Pres. Miller, I can assure you that she 1) loves SDSU very much and 2) doesn't have to worry about eating ramen noodles for supper anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by MAVPOWER
        http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060718/NEWS/607180334&SearchID=73251579463315

Boys,  you ought to  be proud to know you have the lowest paid land grant college pres. in the entire country.  That takes effort to be right at the bottom.  I will bet Dr Miller feels really appreciated being the worst paid land grant college pres in the country.
        Translated it says and I quote: "My Name is MavPower and I am an ignorant UNO fan who does not recognize that the chancellor of my "beloved" Mavs is screwing the athletic department out of money. She is also screwing me out of a chance to smack Division one teams by watering down the teams we play yearly. I wish we had better leadership like Regent Hasselbeck suggests. I might have to cheer for Creighton if the athletic department deficits continue and we have to abandon an athletic program."

Comment

The press releases I have read seem to indicate that the BOR is stepping up to the plate on this particular problem and will offer the new candidate more salary. I think sometimes in SD with its scheme of authority, once the BOR does somethine for one of the six state assisted schools, it seems to do it for all of them. Whether Abbott of USD gets a raise out of this matter or not remains to be seen. SD has a salary problem going back for decades. So this could be a good thing for the other five schools as well. I dont think the other five presidents are making big bucks either and it cant hurt SDSU if they get a raise. I think we have a tight fisted legislature when it comes to higher education and thats really the problem and has been for a long time. What is hopful is that the more younger legislators are very interested in economic development. Something that can not be accompolished without higher education system.

Comment

Welcome to last week MAVPOWER. Maybe if you search hard enough you can find some smack from when Jim Thorson was head basketball coach, or when Stan Marshall was AD.

The more you try the dumber you look. Keep it up. Says so much for the supporters of UNO.
            I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by MAVPOWER
              Boys, you ought to be proud to know you have the lowest paid land grant college pres. in the entire country. That takes effort to be right at the bottom. I will bet Dr Miller feels really appreciated being the worst paid land grant college pres in the country.
              THIS is the best smack you can come up with.

Pitiful.
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I just hope when the officials of the mid continent greyhound bus it into brookings that pres miller is in a good mood while showing them around the cow pastures up there.  Somehow I doubt the mid cont will be too impressed when she starts complaining about her measley salary she gets up there.  She is probably thinking that she has done so much for the univ and to be treated as the worst paid college landgrant univ pres in the nation is a real "kick in the teeth".
                Worse paid in America!!!!!

Comment

You rabbitts are a bunch of Cheap Arsses. Open up the pocketbook a little would you!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mavs Rule
                    You rabbitts are a bunch of Cheap Arsses. Open up the pocketbook a little would you!!
                    There's something to be said about fiscal responsibility. UNO wouldn't know much about that now would they?

Comment

Originally posted by Haldersham
                      The press releases I have read seem to indicate that the BOR is stepping up to the plate on this particular problem and will offer the new candidate more salary. I think sometimes in SD with its scheme of authority,  once the BOR does somethine for one of the six state assisted schools, it seems to do it for all of them.
                      We had a six hour meeting in Sioux Falls about Presidential salaries last winter. It included the governor and legislators including the two appropriations chairs. This is a South Dakota issue so smack talking SDSU specifically is pretty lame. Although, we are taking steps to make our state better. Unlike UNO, we don't spend money we don't have.

Comment

Hey, don't get down on UNO for spending money it doesn't have, their fans think they follow a real university. But just like the boss, they are keeping the real info to themselves: THE MAV TWINS LOVE SDSU!!!!

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Let's see if I have this straight, mav geniuses, SDSU underpays someone who is doing a great job, uno overpays a lot of people who are running the dump into the ground, and you run smack at us. I guess it is possible for you two to get dumber.
                          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Dr Miller is below these schools in salary

St Cloud 215k
                            UM-Duluth 205
                            UM-Mankato 205k
                            KU - 307k - That one was for 89Rabbit

I am sure Dr Miller does a fine job but she needs to learn how to negotiate a better compensation package. Just in principle alone you would think she wouldn't want to be the lowest land grant president in terms of pay in the entire country.
                            If salary is any indication how Dr Miller conducts negotiations you might want to think about having Fred O. do your conference bidding instead of Dr Miller.

Comment

Since you are doing all this research, I will ask again .  .  .  .

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                              How much are they paying your Chancellor?  She is doing a bang up job.  What is the latest, paying club dues and car leases with athletics money while running a million dollar deficit?   :-?

President Miller has done an outstanding job here at SDSU, and it sounds like the state of South Dakota got a bargin to boot.  It makes me respect her all the more.

Go State!  

Comment

Working...
                              X