Get ready for a losing record!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get ready for a losing record!!

Your football team has a brutal schedule that will leave you without a title for another year. Hey, but at least you have a cool scoreboard to keep track of how bad you are getting your arse beat. : : :

Re: Get ready for a losing record!!

*Yawn* Next.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

The sad thing, is that this is the best you can do.

You're slipping man... now you're just throwing stuff on the wall and looking to see what sticks. At least be a little creative... or don't they teach that at UNO?

Sad.
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Please come up with some better smack, Jays Rule. You could at least give us a prediction for the season, based on solid thought and reasoning. At least thousands of SDSU football fans will have a beautiful fall and some quality tailgating to look forward to while the UNO football backers meet in a telephone booth and wonder IF 2006 will be the swan song for Mav football.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavs Rule
          Your football team has a brutal schedule that will leave you without a title for another year. Hey, but at least you have a cool scoreboard to keep track of how bad you are getting your arse beat. : : :
          It's a tough schedule, yes. I think all but one (the unbelievably lame SUU) of our 1AA opponents is in the top-25 of one schedule or another. And as for getting our "arse beat" except for one game last year (Texas State) we didn't get our "arse beat" by top 1AA teams. Montana? 7-0. Cal-Poly? 24-16. Georgia Southern? 55-42. Those are three elite, 63-scholarship, 1AA programs, and we hung with them with 42 scholarships. We have 50 scholarships this year and will be fully funded in a couple of years. Nobody ever said this would be easy. Nothing worthwhile is.

So I expect some close games and a touchdown here or there could make or break the season (please, please start Berry at QB so we're not so one-dimensional...) With some big plays here or there could potentially go 7-4 but more likely is another 6-5 or 5-6. That's not great, but we're building something here, not just sliding along (as we have during long stretches in the past.)

Plus... they're fun to watch. Stig gets 100 percent effort from those guys. There are some exciting playmakers. We'll have good crowds (and an enormous crowd for UC-Davis on Hobo Day, I predict). I don't care whether you're at UNO or SDSU or Crookston or Panhandle State or Iowa. Football Saturdays are just plain fun. What's wrong with that?

Comment

Well said jackphd..........

Go Jacks !!!!!!!!
            http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Originally posted by jackphd

It's a tough schedule, yes. I think all but one (the unbelievably lame SUU) of our 1AA opponents is in the top-25 of one schedule or another. And as for getting our "arse beat" except for one game last year (Texas State) we didn't get our "arse beat" by top 1AA teams. Montana? 7-0. Cal-Poly? 24-16. Georgia Southern? 55-42. Those are three elite, 63-scholarship, 1AA programs, and we hung with them with 42 scholarships. We have 50 scholarships this year and will be fully funded in a couple of years. Nobody ever said this would be easy. Nothing worthwhile is.

So I expect some close games and a touchdown here or there could make or break the season (please, please start Berry at QB so we're not so one-dimensional...) With some big plays here or there could potentially go 7-4 but more likely is another 6-5 or 5-6. That's not great, but we're building something here, not just sliding along (as we have during long stretches in the past.)

Plus... they're fun to watch. Stig gets 100 percent effort from those guys. There are some exciting playmakers. We'll have good crowds (and an enormous crowd for UC-Davis on Hobo Day, I predict). I don't care whether you're at UNO or SDSU or Crookston or Panhandle State or Iowa. Football Saturdays are just plain fun. What's wrong with that?
              Why are you even arguing this to Mavs Drool and MavPower-less? Making a point to these two yahoos is like trying to dig through a mountain with a pair of chopsticks!
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Lame... Secretly that sounds going off in the corner are the MAVbots taking shotguns to their heads because they can't find any good news to "smack" us about.

Comment

or it might have been Maurice Clarett too. not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1
                    [quote author=jackphd link=1155182939/0#4 date=1155212527]

Why are you even arguing this to Mavs Drool and MavPower-less? Making a point to these two yahoos is like trying to dig through a mountain with a pair of chopsticks!
                    [/quote]

As a professor, it's hard for me to give up on even the most incorrigible students.

Comment

Mav - the true test of a good post is how many responses one gets. Compare your numbers with that jack be nimble guy and there is no contest.

Comment

No. The true test of a post is the words that it contain. The Mavbots posts fail this test.

Comment

Geez, MAVPOWER!

There really isn't anything to do in Omaha, is there???

Take a break from the fryer and read a book on your break instead of hacking into the bosses computer. You could lose your promotion if you got caught.

SUPERBUNNY
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Mav, You are up to 11 posts (not counting mine). Good job - you are to this site what Tim Duncan is to the Spurs - The Man!!

Comment

Originally posted by MAVPOWER
                              Mav, You are up to 11 posts (not counting mine). Good job - you are to this site what Tim Duncan is to the Spurs - The Man!!
                              12. Gee, this is really fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X