What's your excuse??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your excuse??

For all our current financial problems we will still find ways to win and get ranked high. We might even win win a couple of national championships like we did last year. Your current financial situation is better than ours right now and you have been at this D1 thing for awhile. But yet I don't see where your athletic program is going to be better than last year. So what is going to be your excuse at the end of the year???? Maybe your football team can help you out, they have been making excuses for the past 42 years!!!

Mavs#1

UNO Ranked 1st in NSCAA National Poll
    After winning the program's first NCAA II national championship in 2005, the University of Nebraska at Omaha soccer team enters the 2006 season ranked 1st in the National Soccer Coaches Association of America/Adidas Division II Preseason Poll. The poll ranks the top 25 NCAA Division II teams in the nation.

Nebraska-Omaha, which finished the 2005 season with a 20-2 overall record, returns eight starters and 15 letterwinners from last season's squad, including third team All-American and NCC Most Valuable Player Beth McGill.

Besides McGill, the Mavericks who claimed their fifth NCC title in the last six years, also return NCC Freshman of the Year Amanda Iwansky, 2005 NCAA II Tournament Most Oustanding Offensive Player Brandie Beale, as well as first team all-NCC selection Amber Richardson.

The Mavericks open the 2006 season on Thursday, Aug. 24, when they host Minnesota-Crookston beginning at 5 p.m

NSCAA/Adidas Division II Preseason Poll

1. University of Nebraska-Omaha (20-2-0)
    2. Seattle Pacific University (19-1-4)
    3. Franklin Pierce College (19-2-2)
    4. Carson-Newman College (16-4-0)
    5. Metro State College (23-0-1)
    6. University of West Florida (20-2-2)
    7. Grand Valley State University (19-3-0)
    8. West Chester University (20-2-2)
    9. University of Tampa (19-2-2)
    10. University of California-San Diego (18-4-0)
    11. Northern Kentucky University (19-3-0)
    12. Regis University (17-6-1)
    13. Assumption College (15-4-4)
    14. Catawba College (16-4-1)
    15t. University of Central Oklahoma (16-3-2)
    15t. University of New Haven (17-4-1)
    17. Minnesota State University (11-9-1)
    18. Barry University (13-3-2)
    19t. Cal State Dominguez Hills (13-7-2)
    19t. Clayton State University (15-3-2)
    21. Merrimack College (14-6-1)
    22. C.W. Post/Long Island University (14-4-2)
    23. Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville (17-6-0)
    24. Tusculum College (12-6-2)
    25t. Bryant College (13-6-2)
    25t. Chico State University (14-5-3)

View all Soccer Headlines

Re: What's your excuse??

Anyone with a half a brain starting to feel like Mavs Drool is sounding like a broken record?
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Step up. Play somebody. Then come back and post your soccer smack. Until you do, you're just another floundering low-level school that thinks its somehow relevant.
      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Look at your D-II peer group little man, and then answer your own asinine question. :

Now here is your cookie, go out and play.

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne
          Step up. Play somebody. Then come back and post your soccer smack. Until you do, you're just another floundering low-level school that thinks its somehow relevant.

Our soccer team will take SDSU on anytime and anyplace. You have had enough problems with College of St. Mary's the last couple of years so you might want to start right there. Our Wrestlers our coming up to your first meet of the year and trust me when I say your grapplers want no part of the 3 time National Champions. Last year at your meet Les Sigman took home the Wrestler of the meet. Kinda of embarrasing when a D2 athlete takes that title in a D1's own backyard.

Comment

And at the end of the day UNO is still a D-II school that no one cares about.  How many cookies do you want?  It is time for you to go out and play, this is a big people's board (read the last line as . . . shouldn't you be posting on your Beef board?).

Group Pic of all the posters from the UNO Beef Board.*

Go State!  

*Note the UNO Beef Board does have 53 registered users, but in true Maverick fashion each person has multiple user names.   ;D

Comment

Doesn't school start pretty soon? You remind me of that jr. high kid who was always talking big about how his school could beat this school or that school any day in this or that. "We're so good, we could probably beat some high school teams."

Fact is, you're still jr. high. And you don't have clue about who uno's soccer team will or won't schedule, nor do you have a clue about what wrestlers want a piece of who. My guess is your wrestlers probably wouldn't mind slapping you around for being so obsessed with SDSU and babbling such foolishness.
              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Hey Mav what is your excuse?  You registered on the UNO Beef board in July of 2006 and as of right now have a total of 15 posts under the name Mavs1.  Since July 24, 2006 you have posted 25 times on our board.  You seem to care more about SDSU then you do your own school.  Who could blame you, after all we are D-I.  

Go State!  

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                  Hey Mav what is your excuse? You registered on the UNO Beef board in July of 2006 and as of right now have a total of 15 posts under the name Mavs1. Since July 24, 2006 you have posted 25 times on our board. You seem to care more about SDSU then you do your own school. Who could blame you, after all we are D-I.

Go State!
                  Some of the regulars here seem to have a soft spot for the Mavs. I suppose that those folks look at the Mavs kind of like they would a mangy, emaciated puppy or kitten, limping along in the gutter. Some folks can't help but to take the wretched beast in and give it a good bath and a good meal.

I'm getting a bit teary-eyed. *Sniff, sniff*. Poor little puppy.

Doggie want a big bar of dark chocolate? Good puppy. (heh heh heh)
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                    Some of the regulars here seem to have a soft spot for the Mavs.  
                    Whereas some of us think someone played bongo drums on the Mav Twins' soft spots when they were kiddies!!!
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I have a hard time imagining that the Mavbots actually really care about UNO women's soccer, and instead are only interested in a desperately pathetic attempt to use this as smack. Someone has to be #1 in D-II women's soccer, saying to a D-I team "Someone is #1 in D-II women's soccer, and it's not you! Take that SDSU!" isn't smack. D-I teams are not enviouos of D-II teams. It doesn't matter if that D-II team is UNO.

To say that SDSU's financial situation is better than UNO's is a gross understatement. That's like saying that a ship at sea is more seaworthy than is the Titanic is currently.

Comment

Originally posted by RodentiaX1
                        I have a hard time imagining that the Mavbots actually really care about UNO women's soccer, and instead are only interested in a desperately pathetic attempt to use this as smack. Someone has to be #1 in D-II women's soccer, saying to a D-I team "Someone is #1 in D-II women's soccer, and it's not you! Take that SDSU!" isn't smack. D-I teams are not enviouos of D-II teams. It doesn't matter if that D-II team is UNO.

To say that SDSU's financial situation is better than UNO's is a gross understatement. That's like saying that a ship at sea is more seaworthy than is the Titanic is currently.

What I am want someone to answer is why your football team has hovered around a little better than a  .500 mark in football for the last 42 years without a championship? This doesn't bother you? Don't you think that one year you would have rose above the ashes and won a championship? When do you get tired of 6-5 and 7-4 or even 5-6 records? With your schedule this year do you think that is going to change? We are bringing back one of our championship teams from the 90's for one of our games this year to recognize them. While you celebrate the Beef Bowl? ? ?  Most of your 1963 team probably has Alzheimer's and can't even remember that glorious year before most of you were born. For the love of God, please explain to me how the flagship university of the state remains medicore in the most important sport for a little less than half a century ! !  ! !  ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Your beloved mens basketball team has actually gone backwards since going to D1. Your team has had off the court issues and Coach Nagy has gotten gray hair. I thought you were supposed to get better when you went D1. All these great athletes were supposed to be flocking in to play a better brand of ball. Not happening! ! ! !

Sure your girls basketball team has some nice wins and the volleyball team has done OK but the rest of your athletic program is no better than when you were in D2. Is your womens soccer team getting any better?  Ah...No!  Is your Wrestling team way ahead of where they used to be. Ah.. No!

Again my question remains... If your athletic program is in such great standing why aren't you winning more ? ? ?  ?  Save the B.S. about what a great experience your athletes are getting. You play sports to win games and more importantly win championships. If you weren't interested in winning why put up that fancy scoreboard? ? The excuse about taking time to get to a D1 level is getting weaker every year you are in D1. Please don't use that one either. There are D1 mens basketball programs that have turned around 5-20 seasons and made that NCAA tournament the next year. It can be done.

What I find most amusing is that your state's flagship university can't even hold a candle to Nebraska and Creighton.  What you are most comparable to is a University that has many problems currently, but whose athletic teams could play down to the wire with and in some case's beat you state's flagship university's best teams. Good night now!!

Mavs#1

Comment

Little Man,

You have been playing with Coyote fans again haven't you.  If you want to hold your win total at D-II up against our wins totals in D-I and proclaim that your program is superior, then I have to assume that you have no understanding of College athletics.

Since you brought up Women's Soccer let's look at a sample of each school's schedule.

Oct. 6th Texas Tech at SDSU - - Augustana at UNO
                          Oct. 15th Minnesota at SDSU - - Minnesota State-Mankato at UNO

Augie and MSU-M are fine schools, but come on they are not Big 10 or Big XII schools now are they?

I read yesterday that the University of Sioux Falls Football team is ranked #3 in the NAIA National polls.  Does that mean that they are better then UNO's team because they are ranked higher in their poll? Are the Cougars better then the Cornhuskers because they are ranked higher in their poll?  Is any of this sinking in for you?

You sure are a hungry little guy .  .  . here is a whole plate of cookies now run along.

Seriously, best of luck to you and your Mavricks down in D-II, you should really consider sticking to the Beef Board because with each post you look more and more ridiculous, and kind of pathetic.  I am still wondering why you post more on our board then you do on your school's message board.  Can you help me out with that one?

Go State!  

Comment

Alright Mav boy, I will give you the admission that you are looking for: I don't like the fact that we haven't won a football championship for a VERY long time. However, I don't think you will find any Jacks fan on this board that hasn't already said that.

By the way, way are your recieivers?

I'll give you the same question that I gave CoyoteFan. If UNO goes to D-1 will they change anything in regards to who and how they recruit? If you believe your D-2 programs would compete successfully at the D-1 levels, they don't need to change a thing, they can keep the same number of scholarships, go after the same athletes, etc. and still win championships. If you would have to change, then there is a difference between the divisions. So which is it?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Logic doesn't work when discussing things with morons.  UNO athletics on the field are not relevant to SDSU in any way shape or form.  The Mav boys are the best kind of funny, stupid funny.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X