• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNO confused?

CONFerence problems?

Uno admin spending makes alumns feel
    USED

From beginning to end they are just CONFUSED.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Re: UNO confused?

Nice work, JBNJBQ! That must be the artwork outside the UNO administration building, I'm sure Belck gets confused by it several times per day....... ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by RodentiaX1

Now, now... let's not assume that some UNO fans are stupid.  There are alternative explanations. For one, they could simply be a liar. That of course does not preclude stupidity, they could be a stupid liar. Or they could be ignorant.

So they could be:
      a) stupid
      b) a liar
      c) ignorant
      d) a stupid liar
      e) stupid and ignorant
      f) an ignorant liar
      g) a stupid, ignorant liar.

By any honest standards, SDSU's move to D-I has been successful. They could be ignorant of the facts, unable to understand those facts of simply dishonest.

I suppose they does have some amusement value, like a drunken clown tap dancing for beer money. It's sad, of course, but you can't stop watching.
      I believe this applies to this subject with a few modifications. I thank RodentiaX1 for this excellent work.

Comment

top UNO boosters see things differently

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        BY MICHAEL KELLY

WORLD-HERALD COLUMNIST

In the controversy surrounding Chancellor Nancy Belck, two of the top UNO boosters see things differently.

Stephen Wild, chairman of Quantum Alliance, said it's good that questions are being asked, but people shouldn't lose sight of Belck's overall impact.

"She has been spectacular," he said. "She's a real dynamo and a great asset to the university."

David Sokol, chairman and CEO of MidAmerican Energy Holdings Co., said issues of honesty, transparency and integrity reach to the chancellor's office.

Belck, who has led the University of Nebraska at Omaha for nine years, told a faculty meeting last week that the past few weeks had been the toughest of her career.

After the athletic department laid off five employees because of financial problems, it was disclosed that in recent years she had used $2 million in university funds to balance the department's budget.

And then it was learned that a vice chancellor had received expensive perks through the athletic department even as budget deficits mounted.

The vice chancellor, Jim Buck, resigned. Belck said he may have used poor judgment in some of his expenses.

Steve Wild served as a two-time student body president at UNO. Dave Sokol played football. Both achieved success in business.

Though they agree on some things, their differing opinions on the chancellor illustrate how the controversy has created turmoil beyond the Maverick athletic program.

It's ironic that the cause of the financial problems stems from what had been the school's athletic pride and joy - NCAA Division I hockey.

Wild says UNO was hurt by the resignation two years ago of Athletic Director Bob Danenhauer, who said he needed to downsize his life. He became coordinator of athletics with the Omaha Public Schools.

Chancellor Belck praised Danenhauer at the time, saying that "he leaves the program strong, vital and well-prepared for future success."

That didn't happen, but Wild and Sokol don't blame Danenhauer.

The World-Herald disclosed Sunday that UNO shifted budgets to pay for Vice Chancellor Buck's perks, which Sokol calls "budgetary shenanigans."

Sokol said he met with Belck for two hours Friday and told her, "You need to come clean now with what happened and stop trying to cover it up. If you have a plan and a budget, we'll all be there to help you."

Wild says UNO's growth under Belck and her predecessor, Del Weber, has been great. Residence halls were built, and the Peter Kiewit Institute opened. Facilities and academic programs have improved.

It is no wonder that the mavs(dII) spend all their time on our board! Things are a little confusing over on the uno (dII) board!,,,,,,,,,,,,hahahahahaha

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Working...
        X