Quiet desperation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiet desperation

It is truly amazing to me that SDSU is so in need of fb fans that they have to institute a fb ticket referral program for season ticket holders. I know there is apathy at our school but one would think that people who are transitioning to d1 would be excited about going to fb and bb games and wouldn't have to be incentivized like that to sell season tickets. We don't even do that at UNO. The grand prize is having dinner with that knucklehead fb coach of your? We have problems at UNO - no doubt about it. But I doubt our problems are as big as your problems despite having found a league.

Re: Quiet desperation

Remind me again, WHO is having the financial problems at their school?

You've put your foot in your mouth so many times, you have a case of Athlete's Tongue!
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Re: Quiet desperation

Originally posted by MAVPOWER
      It is truly amazing to me that SDSU is so in need of fb fans that they have to institute a fb ticket referral program for season ticket holders. I know there is apathy at our school but one would think that people who are transitioning to d1 would be excited about going to fb and bb games and wouldn't have to be incentivized like that to sell season tickets. We don't even do that at UNO. The grand prize is having dinner with that knucklehead fb coach of your? We have problems at UNO - no doubt about it. But I doubt our problems are as big as your problems despite having found a league.

I don't really get this one, Mavpower. Unless you're Iowa, Michigan, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Notre Dame or one of those other schools with a crazy fan base and fully sold out home schedules, you always want to sell more tickets. We want more ticket revenue and are marketing tickets in a wide variety of ways. I don't see how that's a negative or how it says anything about our program except that we want bigger crowds. Who doesn't? I'm sure UNO could use some more ticket revenue to help pay the bills just like anyone else. I hate to bring it up, but we're building something here and are growing our athletic budget each year, not cutting staff to make up a shortfall.

I think you should go back to the UWL threads here and smack us around. We deserve that.

Comment

Working...
      X