X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headline News

A week in advance

Brookings SD - Saturday September 9th

On Saturday afternoon the Jackrabbit varsity football team played a regularly schedule game against the Sturgis Scoopers.  The game was set up mid week as a challenge made by Sturgis high school that breaking their 79 game losing streak was no fluke.  The SDSU administration agreed to this matchup as a regular season game for both teams.  The game was to count towards both teams regular season records.  It would count as a non conference game for both schools.  One towards high school and one towards a sanctioned D1AA game for SDSU.  Rumor has it this week that SDSU was seeking admission into the ESD football conference.  

The game started with SDSU fumbling the opening kickoff deep into their territory.  Sturgis was unable to take advantage as the Jacks defense held on 4th and 1 from the 13 yard line.  On SDSU's ensuing possession they were penalized 5 times for 70 yards.  4 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and one holding penaly.  The Jacks drive stalled and resulted in a missed 23 yard field goal that sailed wide left.  The Jacks had accumulated 135 yards rushing on the drive which included 32 plays.  One of the penalties was reportedly called on the Jacks sideline for blaming the officials for playing favorites to the Sturgis Scoopers during the game.  

On the ensuing drive for Sturgis They completed an 83 yard touchdown pass that was called back on a fantom holding call.  With the Scooper angered they turned to their freshman halfback who was known to have a severe case of autism.  On the ensuing play on 1st and 18 the Scooper freshman rumbled 92 yards for the first score of the game.  He reportedly broke 22 tackles on the carry which is know to set an NCAA and national high school football record for most tackles broken on one run.   The run reportedly involved the Scooper breaking a 4 seperate tackles attempted by the Jackrabbit strong safety.  The electrifying run sent the 4 Scooper fans on the visiting sidelines into a frenzy.  On the home side of the field the reported crowd of 28,540 started to riot.  There were several fans hit by flying beer bottles that were illegally smugled into the game by festive SDSU students.  There were several abrasions and deep lacerations from the flying glass but none of the injuries is believed to be serious.  

As the first half went on SDSU continued to build momentum and Sturgis was held in check for the majority of the half.  Sturgis had -14 yards in the first half to 478 for SDSU but Sturgis somehow was able to hold SDSU scoreless.  SDSU attempted 7 field goals that were all no good.  Stugis had 24 individual plays that went for losses but were credited with 19 first down of which 18 were from Jackrabbit penalties.  Penaltied for the first half were 37 for SDSU to 1 for Sturgis.  

After a 7-0 halftime lead for the Scoopers it was apparent that SDSU was not taking advantage of their opportunities and the Jackrabbit players began to turn on themselves.  Many altercations were reported from the Jackrabbit sideline.  Apparently 2 linebackers that didn't agree on a defensive play call got into fisticuffs on the bench resulting in a scurmish.  One of the Jackrabbit linebackers had to be rushed to the hospital after his teammate reportedly hit him over the head with a full gatorade jug.  The sound of the impact of the jug against the side of the head of the player could be heard all over campus.  

As the second half progressed Sturgis began to capatilize on SDSU's disorganization and started to convert first down after first down and took a 21-0 lead into the 4th quarter.  SDSU tried everything they could but just could not penetrate the Scooper defense.  Running play after running play ended up being stopped in it's tracks and the passing game was ineffective all day.  The SDSU quarterbacks combined to go 1-37 on passing attempts with 5 interceptions.  The Jacks rushed for 528 yards and passed for minus 38 yards for a total offense of 490 yards.  For the game Sturgis rushed for 274 yards and passed for 138 for a total offense of 412 yards.  The final score ended up being Sturgis 24, SDSU 0.  The SDSU players found solice in that fact that they outgained Sturgis in total yards which was pointed out as a positive for the Jacks.  The SDSU head coach did mention that they needed to cut down a bit on penalties but was impressed with the progress that they had made from the previous week.  According to the coaches comments the players will hold their heads high and hope for admission into the South Dakota High School Activities Association's Eastern South Dakota Conference.  In a poll done prior to the decision by the SDHSAA the Jackrabbits were picked 4th in the 8 team ESD behind Brandon Valley, Watertown and Yankton.  When Jackrabbit fans were polled they were excited for their trip to Ball Peay Austin State University of Technical Oregon College of miners and herders.  When asked about SDSU's chances against BPASUTOCMH the SDSU coach felt optimistic that his team would be able to stay within 35 points at the end of the first quarter.   More from the Jacks next week.   ;D    
    How Bout Them Yotes

Re: Headline News

yote fans know what it feels like to lose to a lower divison team in sports. im sure they havent forgotten their mens basketball lose to Morningside last year.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit
      yote fans know what it feels like to lose to a lower divison team in sports.  im sure they havent forgotten their mens basketball lose to Morningside last year.  

What are you talking about? You lost to Morningside in basketball as well. Only difference is that you were a D1 school at the time, which makes it worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavs Rule
        [quote author=mitchellrabbit link=1157279775/0#1 date=1157281378]yote fans know what it feels like to lose to a lower divison team in sports. im sure they havent forgotten their mens basketball lose to Morningside last year.

What are you talking about? You lost to Morningside in basketball as well. Only difference is that you were a D1 school at the time, which makes it worse.[/quote]

Yeah, I don't think any of us are in a position to smack anybody regarding losses to lower division foes today. This is one that won't go away for a long, long time.

My only response is: Why take such obvious pleasure in our misery?

Comment

Why do they take pleasure. Because they are Morons. You don't even hear from them on good days. Like Thursday, when an invitation was accepted to join the Mid-Con, the Mav Morons were quiet. Heck, I thought they had actually died.

Comment

After last night, I think the only appropriate response to smack is:

Thank you Sir. May I have another?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic
              After last night, I think the only appropriate response to smack is:

Thank you Sir. May I have another?
              At least that paddling took place in a dark room among a secret society with just a handful of people watching.

Comment

And a major movie which, IMHO, is the greatest college movie ever. So I am going to solace in the fact that Kevin Bacon's spanking was seen by many more people.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan
                  A week in advance

As the second half progressed Sturgis began to capatilize on SDSU's disorganization and started to convert first down after first down and took a 21-0 lead into the 4th quarter. SDSU tried everything they could but just could not penetrate the Scooper defense. Running play after running play ended up being stopped in it's tracks and the passing game was ineffective all day. The SDSU quarterbacks combined to go 1-37 on passing attempts with 5 interceptions. The Jacks rushed for 528 yards and passed for minus 38 yards for a total offense of 490 yards. For the game Sturgis rushed for 274 yards and passed for 138 for a total offense of 412 yards. The final score ended up being Sturgis 24, SDSU 0. The SDSU players found solice in that fact that they outgained Sturgis in total yards which was pointed out as a positive for the Jacks. The SDSU head coach did mention that they needed to cut down a bit on penalties but was impressed with the progress that they had made from the previous week. According to the coaches comments the players will hold their heads high and hope for admission into the South Dakota High School Activities Association's Eastern South Dakota Conference. In a poll done prior to the decision by the SDHSAA the Jackrabbits were picked 4th in the 8 team ESD behind Brandon Valley, Watertown and Yankton. When Jackrabbit fans were polled they were excited for their trip to Ball Peay Austin State University of Technical Oregon College of miners and herders. When asked about SDSU's chances against BPASUTOCMH the SDSU coach felt optimistic that his team would be able to stay within 35 points at the end of the first quarter. More from the Jacks next week. ;D

I'm just curious.... what was your record last year, 10-1? 9-2? And how did you do in the playoffs?

Oh, that's right, you didn't make it in! Even with all those groovy wins!

The DakotaDome is the biggest "Glass House" in South Dakota. Careful where you toss those boulders!

Tis better to be a Jackrabbit on a losing team than to ever be a stuck-up Coyote on a "winning" D-II team!
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan
                    A week in advance

On Saturday afternoon the Jackrabbit varsity football team played a regularly schedule game against the Sturgis Scoopers.  The game was set up mid week as a challenge made by Sturgis high school that breaking their 79 game losing streak was no fluke.  The SDSU administration agreed to this matchup as a regular season game for both teams.  The game was to count towards both teams regular season records.  It would count as a non conference game for both schools.  One towards high school and one towards a sanctioned D1AA game for SDSU.  Rumor has it this week that SDSU was seeking admission into the ESD football conference.  

The game started with SDSU fumbling the opening kickoff deep into their territory.  Sturgis was unable to take advantage as the Jacks defense held on 4th and 1 from the 13 yard line.  On SDSU's ensuing possession they were penalized 5 times for 70 yards.  4 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and one holding penaly.  The Jacks drive stalled and resulted in a missed 23 yard field goal that sailed wide left.  The Jacks had accumulated 135 yards rushing on the drive which included 32 plays.  One of the penalties was reportedly called on the Jacks sideline for blaming the officials for playing favorites to the Sturgis Scoopers during the game.  

On the ensuing drive for Sturgis They completed an 83 yard touchdown pass that was called back on a fantom holding call.  With the Scooper angered they turned to their freshman halfback who was known to have a severe case of autism.  On the ensuing play on 1st and 18 the Scooper freshman rumbled 92 yards for the first score of the game.  He reportedly broke 22 tackles on the carry which is know to set an NCAA and national high school football record for most tackles broken on one run.   The run reportedly involved the Scooper breaking a 4 seperate tackles attempted by the Jackrabbit strong safety.  The electrifying run sent the 4 Scooper fans on the visiting sidelines into a frenzy.  On the home side of the field the reported crowd of 28,540 started to riot.  There were several fans hit by flying beer bottles that were illegally smugled into the game by festive SDSU students.  There were several abrasions and deep lacerations from the flying glass but none of the injuries is believed to be serious.  

As the first half went on SDSU continued to build momentum and Sturgis was held in check for the majority of the half.  Sturgis had -14 yards in the first half to 478 for SDSU but Sturgis somehow was able to hold SDSU scoreless.  SDSU attempted 7 field goals that were all no good.  Stugis had 24 individual plays that went for losses but were credited with 19 first down of which 18 were from Jackrabbit penalties.  Penaltied for the first half were 37 for SDSU to 1 for Sturgis.  

After a 7-0 halftime lead for the Scoopers it was apparent that SDSU was not taking advantage of their opportunities and the Jackrabbit players began to turn on themselves.  Many altercations were reported from the Jackrabbit sideline.  Apparently 2 linebackers that didn't agree on a defensive play call got into fisticuffs on the bench resulting in a scurmish.  One of the Jackrabbit linebackers had to be rushed to the hospital after his teammate reportedly hit him over the head with a full gatorade jug.  The sound of the impact of the jug against the side of the head of the player could be heard all over campus.  

As the second half progressed Sturgis began to capatilize on SDSU's disorganization and started to convert first down after first down and took a 21-0 lead into the 4th quarter.  SDSU tried everything they could but just could not penetrate the Scooper defense.  Running play after running play ended up being stopped in it's tracks and the passing game was ineffective all day.  The SDSU quarterbacks combined to go 1-37 on passing attempts with 5 interceptions.  The Jacks rushed for 528 yards and passed for minus 38 yards for a total offense of 490 yards.  For the game Sturgis rushed for 274 yards and passed for 138 for a total offense of 412 yards.  The final score ended up being Sturgis 24, SDSU 0.  The SDSU players found solice in that fact that they outgained Sturgis in total yards which was pointed out as a positive for the Jacks.  The SDSU head coach did mention that they needed to cut down a bit on penalties but was impressed with the progress that they had made from the previous week.  According to the coaches comments the players will hold their heads high and hope for admission into the South Dakota High School Activities Association's Eastern South Dakota Conference.  In a poll done prior to the decision by the SDHSAA the Jackrabbits were picked 4th in the 8 team ESD behind Brandon Valley, Watertown and Yankton.  When Jackrabbit fans were polled they were excited for their trip to Ball Peay Austin State University of Technical Oregon College of miners and herders.  When asked about SDSU's chances against BPASUTOCMH the SDSU coach felt optimistic that his team would be able to stay within 35 points at the end of the first quarter.   More from the Jacks next week.   ;D    
                    While we are deserving of smack for this loss, this has to be the one the dumbest attempts I've ever seen. How much time did you waste writing this? I have a feeling you spent WAAAY to much....

Comment

Probably a bit upset for having to wear a dress for Rush Week!

Remember... at USD if you're not a Greek, you're a non-person!

I'm glad I went to State... at least there you don't have to PAY to have friends!
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Well, I've emerged from my Smack Lab and have bad news... there is no witty comeback that counters the "You lost to DIII team, nyah, nyah!" deal. All you can do is tip your hat to UWL.

The good news is that your next game is only a couple days away.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavs Rule
                          [quote author=mitchellrabbit link=1157279775/0#1 date=1157281378]yote fans know what it feels like to lose to a lower divison team in sports.  im sure they havent forgotten their mens basketball lose to Morningside last year.  

What are you talking about? You lost to Morningside in basketball as well. Only difference is that you were a D1 school at the time, which makes it worse.[/quote]

I usually don't address idiots directly on the smack board, but I will make an exception this one time because I believe there has been a breakthrough of sorts in the shallow mind of Mavs Mule as exhibited by his writings above.

He finally recognizes that DI is a higher class of team with higher expectations than a lowly dII team. My man I believe there is hope for you yet! Now repeat after me. Go big go blue go Jacks. Go big go blue go Jacks. Go big go blue go Jacks! There I think you got it!

Ding fries are done, you had better get back to work!
                          ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

actually my friend we beat Morningside last year.

Morningside (Iowa) vs South Dakota State
                            10/31/05 8 p.m. at Brookings, S.D. (Frost Arena)
                            At Brookings, S.D. (Frost Arena)
                            SOUTH DAKOTA STATE 80, MORNINGSIDE (IOWA) 67
                            MORNINGSIDE (IOWA) (0-1 Exhib.)
                            McGill, Paul 5-9 4-4 17; Larsen, Paul 2-6 2-2 8; Johnson, Tim 4-8 0-1 8;
                            Regan, Tom 3-10 1-2 7; Rother, Jack 1-6 4-4 6; Schmit, Brad 1-12 4-6 6;
                            Lally, Trevor 1-3 2-2 4; Pargett, Thomas 2-5 0-0 4; Johnson, Matt 1-1 1-2 3;
                            Michael, Shane 1-3 0-0 2; Helmink, Brady 0-1 0-0 0; Atkins, Seth 0-1 0-0 0.
                            Totals 21-65 20-27 67.
                            SOUTH DAKOTA STATE (1-0 Exhib.)
                            Steve Holdren 5-11 3-5 15; Matt Cadwell 3-7 6-9 13; Mohamed Berte 5-7 2-2
                            12; Jose Frias 5-6 2-6 12; Ben Beran 3-10 0-1 7; Andre Gilbert 2-6 2-4 6;
                            Andy Kleinjan 2-4 0-0 5; Mackenzie Casey 2-2 0-0 5; Michael Loney 2-2 0-2 4;
                            Cam Hornby 0-1 1-2 1. Totals 29-56 16-31 80.
                            Morningside (Iowa)............ 26 41 - 67
                            South Dakota State............ 35 45 - 80

Comment

USD may have lost to Morningside but that broke an 80 or 90 game home winning streak against non conference opponents, so eventually the string was going to come to an end. Sure there were a few cupcakes in there but also some tough games as well. I think that streak went all the way back to 1991 or something like that. Not bad.
                              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Working...
                              X