I think the last week puts some things to rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the last week puts some things to rest

DIAA is not that much better than D2. The athletes aren't much better. The speed isn't much faster. Many of you claimed that D1AA was on such an upper echelon compared to D2. It's simply not true, at least not to the level that so many of you wanted to believe.

UND is a team that just won at one of your very best D1AA teams in Northern Iowa. Last season UND was lucky to even stay in the game at USD. Chadron friggin State just beat Montana St. Chadron fricken state, an RMAC school. If UND would have been home they would have likely beaten UNI by about 3 touchdowns. D2 is doing this in D1AA's own backyards.

I think alot of thinks have been settled with a huge exclamation point. This is becoming more than just a random upset here and there.

A significant number of SDSU fans lost respect for the level of football being played in the upper level of D2. As a Coyote fan it's likely that they will move up too but I will never lose respect for D2 football.
    How Bout Them Yotes

Re: I think the last week puts some things to rest

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan
    DIAA is not that much better than D2.  The athletes aren't much better.  The speed isn't much faster.  Many of you claimed that D1AA was on such an upper echelon compared to D2.  It's simply not true, at least not to the level that so many of you wanted to believe.  

UND is a team that just won at one of your very best D1AA teams in Northern Iowa.  Last season UND was lucky to even stay in the game at USD.  Chadron friggin State just beat Montana St.  Chadron fricken state, an RMAC school.  If UND would have been home they would have likely beaten UNI by about 3 touchdowns.  D2 is doing this in D1AA's own backyards.  

I think alot of thinks have been settled with a huge exclamation point.  This is becoming more than just a random upset here and there.  

A significant number of SDSU fans lost respect for the level of football being played in the upper level of D2.  As a Coyote fan it's likely that they will move up too but I will never lose respect for D2 football.  
    Really tough to post something like this after the fact. If there is no difference why make a change? A couple of examples does not reality make. This takes nothing away from Chadron St. or UND but sweeping generalizations are rarely approrpriate and certainly aren't appropriate here. I think even you understand that.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

You'll change your tune once USD makes up its ming to move to D-I. D-I is a higher level of competition than is D-I. That's not just settled with an "exclamation point", it's written in stone. This doesn't mean that there is an insurmountable gulf between the divisions or that lower-division teams can't defeat higher-division teams, but D-I is a higher level of competition.

D2 is doing this in D1AA's own backyards.

Not at all surprising, since higher-division teams don't play lower-division teams on the road.

Comment

So, Coyote Fan, I suppose you then believe that Chadron St. could go in to Colorado and beat the Buffs, too? If Colorado later beats the Huskers, would Chadron St and Montana St. also beat the Huskers? There are times when a team is not as motivated as they should be to play an opponent, and by the time the better team realizes it, the lower team has proven to itself that it can beat the higher team and play better than they actually could on a week by week basis. The mind is a powerful thing. Upsets happen. You cannot judge teams and divisions based on one week or just a few select games. In all games of I-AA vs. II this year what is the overall record?

Comment

Last year

UNI 49   Minnesota Duluth 14 - A playoff team lost to UNI by 35 points last year...

Can a D2 beat a D1-aa on a given day?  Yes, and this year it seems to be happening much more, but 1-aa also seems to be beating 1-A more often this year too - no numbers to back that up though.

Upsets happen, and not to take anything away from UND, but even they look at yesterday's win as an upset.  Look at what happen the year before though with a d2 playoff team - they got run out of the building.  That will happen much of the time, but this time UND took it at UNI and pulled it off.

I do agree that some of the posters here have lost respect for D2 football.  D2 is still very good towards the top - The top 10 could go play against a Top 10 in 1-AA and have a decent shot at winning every time, but most of the time, the 1-AA team will pull it off.

Is D2 better than D1-AA?  Absolutely not.  

Comment

If there is such little difference between I-AA and D-2 football, why hasn't USD scheduled a I-AA team instead of the cupcakes known as Qunicy and Crookston?

Comment

I believe USD was on the UNI Schedule(which UND eventually took the place of).

I'm not sure what happened to stop it from happening though.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo
                I believe USD was on the UNI Schedule(which UND eventually took the place of).

I'm not sure what happened to stop it from happening though.  
                USD couldn't, or didn't want to, get out of the Minn.-Crookston game. I would imagine the didn't want to b/c they could have bought out the Crookston game and made plenty from the UNI guarantee to off-set that cost. I suppose they also wanted a home game and a for sure Win to help there playoff chances.

Comment

A win against Crookston shouldn't help any team's playoff chances. The mere act of a good team like USD scheduling a Crookston instead of a quality game should be be viewed as a negative when playoff teams are selected.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

DIAA is not that much better than D2.  The athletes aren't much better.  The speed isn't much faster.  Many of you claimed that D1AA was on such an upper echelon compared to D2.  It's simply not true, at least not to the level that so many of you wanted to believe.  

UND is a team that just won at one of your very best D1AA teams in Northern Iowa.  Last season UND was lucky to even stay in the game at USD.  Chadron friggin State just beat Montana St.  Chadron fricken state, an RMAC school.  If UND would have been home they would have likely beaten UNI by about 3 touchdowns.  D2 is doing this in D1AA's own backyards.  

I think alot of thinks have been settled with a huge exclamation point.  This is becoming more than just a random upset here and there.  

A significant number of SDSU fans lost respect for the level of football being played in the upper level of D2.  As a Coyote fan it's likely that they will move up too but I will never lose respect for D2 football.  
                    I think one thing has been settled and that is your an idiot who can't type or spell. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up
                      A win against Crookston shouldn't help any team's playoff chances. The mere act of a good team like USD scheduling a Crookston instead of a quality game should be be viewed as a negative when playoff teams are selected.

Isn't that the same problem they faced with last years schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by bisonbacker
                        [quote author=Coyote_Fan link=1157860219/0#0 date=1157860219]DIAA is not that much better than D2.  The athletes aren't much better.  The speed isn't much faster.  Many of you claimed that D1AA was on such an upper echelon compared to D2.  It's simply not true, at least not to the level that so many of you wanted to believe.  

I think one thing has been settled and that is your an idiot who can't type or spell. ;D[/quote]

I though personal attacks weren't tolerated in this forum.
                        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

[quote author=bisonbacker link=1157860219/0#9 date=1157923598][quote author=Coyote_Fan link=1157860219/0#0 date=1157860219]DIAA is not that much better than D2. The athletes aren't much better. The speed isn't much faster. Many of you claimed that D1AA was on such an upper echelon compared to D2. It's simply not true, at least not to the level that so many of you wanted to believe.

UND is a team that just won at one of your very best D1AA teams in Northern Iowa. Last season UND was lucky to even stay in the game at USD. Chadron friggin State just beat Montana St. Chadron fricken state, an RMAC school. If UND would have been home they would have likely beaten UNI by about 3 touchdowns. D2 is doing this in D1AA's own backyards.

I think alot of thinks have been settled with a huge exclamation point. This is becoming more than just a random upset here and there.

A significant number of SDSU fans lost respect for the level of football being played in the upper level of D2. As a Coyote fan it's likely that they will move up too but I will never lose respect for D2 football.
                          I think one thing has been settled and that is your an idiot who can't type or spell. ;D[/quote]

I though personal attacks weren't tolerated in this forum.
                          [/quote]

From the Admin:

I concur, the personal attack was beyond the pale. For now, Bisonbacker is informally admonished. Please don't make it a habit.

I will leave the thread unedited as an example of how NOT to smack.

Humor and wit, people, humor and wit.

"If you're post is just an attack, it ain't smack."
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                            From the Admin:

"If you're post is just an attack, it ain't smack."
                            From the Johhny Cochrane school of Moderation, right, Filbert? LOL
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

You got to admit this is a very crazy season so far. Montana State upsets Colorado and then goes home to a loss to Chadron State. UND beats UNI.

Delta State nips Stephen A Austin. New Hampshire takes care of B10 Northwestern. There are others too. So draw your own conclusions.

BTW I am enjoying the USD Coyote board. Some coyote guy says the USD staff came to Brookings to get ideas from our games, and that is where they picked up tailgating. Also he claims all the SDSU fans are now coming to the Dakota Dome for games as SDSU is too awful to watch. Granted the first games have not been fun, but I dont I will ever point my car south to go to Vermillion.

Comment

Working...
                              X