Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNO to auction off their copy of The Mona Lisa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNO to auction off their copy of The Mona Lisa?

In a bold attempt to raise money to save their schools struggling athletic programs, UNO officials have decided to auction off the schools copy of the famous painting "The MONA LISA."

The painting was donated to the school by the local part time artist "MAVPOWDER" who claims to be a direct  decendant of the model that posed for the original painting.  

Good luck with that!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Re: UNO to auction off their copy of The Mona Lisa

I am all for the this idea. We could then send the money up your way to help pay your president a more just wage in line with her peers. I would love to know how she feels about being the WORST paid landgrant pres in the USA. It is pretty normal to be a little PO'ed about not being paid what your peers are being paid. Pretty cheap - sdsu!

Comment

Mavpower says "There she is payed $211,000 for her.  Aint she a beauty?"

He goes on to say "you guys only spent $185,000 for yours, ha ha".

Originally posted by jacksfaninne
      [quote author=MAVPOWER link=1154062909/15#24 date=1154475104] at least we pay dr belck a decent wage.
      Isn't that like saying, "My car sucks, but at least I paid a lot for it."?

You mavs are so sharp![/quote]

Go State!  

Comment

Originally posted by MAVPOWER
        I am all for the this idea. We could then send the money up your way to help pay your president a more just wage in line with her peers. I would love to know how she feels about being the WORST paid landgrant pres in the USA. It is pretty normal to be a little PO'ed about not being paid what your peers are being paid. Pretty cheap - sdsu!
        Get over it already. I guess when you're in uno's situation, this is the best smack you've got.

Seems to me President Miller's willingness to bust her butt for SDSU and get paid less than what she could get somewhere else says quite a bit about what a great place SDSU is. I understand that uno has to pay more just to get someone, anyone, to take a look at running that dump, but that's your problem, not ours.
        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne
          [quote author=MAVPOWER link=1154691716/0#1 date=1154697888]I am all for the this idea. We could then send the money up your way to help pay your president a more just wage in line with her peers. I would love to know how she feels about being the WORST paid landgrant pres in the USA. It is pretty normal to be a little PO'ed about not being paid what your peers are being paid. Pretty cheap - sdsu!
          Get over it already. I guess when you're in uno's situation, this is the best smack you've got.

Seems to me President Miller's willingness to bust her butt for SDSU and get paid less than what she could get somewhere else says quite a bit about what a great place SDSU is. I understand that uno has to pay more just to get someone, anyone, to take a look at running that dump, but that's your problem, not ours.[/quote]

Yeah . . . a saying about stones and glass houses comes to mind . . .
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

89, Was the top picture the UNO athletic department parking lot?

Comment

Originally posted by JBNJBQ
              In a bold attempt to raise money to save their schools struggling athletic programs, UNO officials have decided to auction off the schools copy of the famous painting "The MONA LISA."

The painting was donated to the school by the local part time artist "MAVPOWDER" who claims to be a direct  decendant of the model that posed for the original painting.  

Good luck with that!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Where did you find the picture of Nancy Belke??

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                Mavpower says "There she is payed $211,000 for her.  Aint she a beauty?"

He goes on to say "you guys only spent $185,000 for yours, ha ha".

[quote author=jacksfaninne link=1154062909/15#25 date=1154477700][quote author=MAVPOWER link=1154062909/15#24 date=1154475104] at least we pay dr belck a decent wage.
                Isn't that like saying, "My car sucks, but at least I paid a lot for it."?

You mavs are so sharp![/quote]

Go State!  [/quote]

89rabbit, LOL!

I love your post! Your use of cars to illustrate the President's pay/performance differences was awesome! It blew holes in MAVpowder's position big time. You are right on the money! Poor old MAVpowder could not come up with an appropriate response to that. keep up the good work!

JBNJBQ

Comment

Cars are a little different from human beings. SDSU is making out great getting a good president so cheaply. But I doubt dr miller is happy knowing how appreciated she is by her employer.
                  Most reasonable people would not be happy being the lowest paid in their category. No matter how you spin this people feel wanted and appreciated by tangible things like pay. 50 out of 50 speaks for itself. Sure - you can pat dr miller on the back and say she is doing a great job, etc but you are not backing it up in the most meaningful way -pay in line with her peers.

Comment

We know you are frustrated that Steve makes more then you, but let’s face it he burns less fries.  You need to quite trying to project your feelings onto others.   ;D

I know this may be hard for you to understand but for most people pay is not the key driver in job satisfaction.  Carter McNamara, MBA, PhD wrote "Job satisfaction is in regard to one's feelings or state-of-mind regarding the nature of their work. Job satisfaction can be influenced by a variety of factors, eg, the quality of one's relationship with their supervisor, the quality of the physical environment in which they work, degree of fulfillment in their work, etc."  Money must be in the etc. part, huh?  :-?  

I don't really know Dr. Miller, although we have corresponded a time or two, so I don't pretend to know what is in her heart or presume to speak for her.  The same, I am sure it true for you.  There is nothing publicly that would indicate that Dr. Miller's job satisfaction is low.  On the contrary there are plenty of public accounts that indicate that she in fact loves her job and loves our great university.  

You have looked more then foolish on more then one occasion with your pursuit of this very weak line of smack.  My personal advice to you is quite will you are behind.  :

Go State!  

Comment

Looks like they re-worked their copy of Mona Lisa again...

IT APPEARS BELCK IS OUT....

Comment

Working...
                      X