Where's the Tradition in Mavdom???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the Tradition in Mavdom???

I was checking on the SDSU athletic website and I noticed that our women's basketball program has had 20 consecutive winning seasons. I then decided to see how much tradition and excellence the Mavbots could claim fame to in the top sports, especially since they constantly harp whenever SDSU struggles. Here are the results:

Football:
    UNO: 10 (1996-present)...the watered-down NCC must help
    SDSU: 9 (1913-1922, no games in 1918) Nevetheless, SDSU still has over .020 advantage in the total winning percentage......

Men's Basketball:
    UNO: 5 (1972-77) OUCH!!!
    SDSU: 14 (1990-2004)

Women's Basketball:
    UNO: 7 (1975-82)
    SDSU: 20 (1986-present)

My friends, the figures do not lie. SDSU has more prestige and tradition. UNO may have some wrestling traditions, but that NAIA stint in the '60s and '70s must be taken into account.

Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Re: Where's the Tradition in Mavdom???

we've had the occasional success story in wrestling, as well. Ryan Resel comes to mind.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
      we've had the occasional success story in wrestling, as well. Ryan Resel comes to mind.
      I know SDSU has had some pretty good wrestlers over the years; I just wanted to beat the Mavbots to the punch by acknowledging that their wrestling program has done pretty well over the years.......

Comment

I know. I was just giving a "shout out", as they say, to an old friend. Resel and I are from the same home town and were good friends in high school. He was about as good of a wrestler as SDSU's ever had. He transferred from originally being a Husker.
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Paul Konechne was a pretty solid wrestler also.

Comment

Working...
          X