How awesome would this be!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How awesome would this be!!!

Excerpt from article in World Hearld. Come on Tom..do it!!

• The rumor mill is buzzing, according to my UNO booster friends. They say there's a movement among some Maverick types to make Tom Osborne the new chancellor.

I would be very surprised by that. One, why would Osborne want to do that? Second, why would J.B. Milliken want it?

Re: How awesome would this be!!!

Mavs Rule, I don't see that happening. If Osborne were to have a public service role after he leaves Congress, it would likely be at UNL.

However, Milliken could decide to place Osborne in a significant role at UNO (maybe the new AD?) if he felt that was the best way of regaining the public trust in UNO and ensuring the future direction of the UNO athletic program. The last thing Milliken probably wants is to hire a new chancellor and AD who "suddenly" decide that UNO should go D-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavs Rule

• The rumor mill is buzzing, according to my UNO booster friends. They say there's a movement among some Maverick types to make Tom Osborne the new chancellor.

I would be very surprised by that. One, why would Osborne want to do that? Second, why would J.B. Milliken want it?
      Why not Bill Clinton?

He's looking for work.

He'll get to the bottom of the mess down there.

He can give uno(dII) some national exposure after they go NAIA next year. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Maybe he'd hire Jerry Glanville as the head coach. NSU nearly made that mistake.

Not saying Osborne would be a mistake, just saying its a rumor and nothing more. Of course, so was the Glanville thing.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Mavs Rule, I don't know if you're on something or onto something, but I want whatever you put in your Wheaties this morning!

Osborne the AD at UNO, that is the funniest thing I've read yet. I would think we have a better chance hiring him as our next coach (not that we're looking for one).

Mavs Rule, please send me a care package to PO BOX 555 in Brookings!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

chancellor not A.D.

Comment

Tough luck uno(dII)! I heard Warren Buffet wanted the job, but the Huskers got to him first.....

Warren Buffet
              Freshman
              PUNTER

...... at age 77 Buffet is the oldest player to ever suit up at  the U of Nebraska. Asked if he would get much playing time, the University's A.D. is quoted as saying, "time is money, and time will tell."

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Jesse Jackson has reportedly thrown his hat into the ring in his bid to become the new unodII chancellor.....

JACKSON commented, "When I saw the caliber of candidates that seemd to be lining up for the position I felt obligated to be there to represent my constituency." When asked how many sports would be left after the smoke clears this year he just smiled and flashed the victory sign .....or is that a peace sign ........or is that his answer?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Working...
                X