Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You finally listened to me!!

I am glad that I am making a difference on this board.  A few months ago
    I gently pointed out that you don't pay your univ. pres. a just wage.  I suspect some of the sd big shot regents read my very insightful post and finally decided to do something about it.  It is about time!!  Now the next thing I would tell you cheapskates is to raise her pay retroactive to a couple of years ago.  Give her a couple extra hundred grand as a golden parachute into retirement for all the good work she did for your university.  Reward her for her good work - don't just reward her successor.
    Again, thank you to the good people of SD who listened to my critique and did something about it!!!  You could and should do more!!!

Re: You finally listened to me!!

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...WS01/609250336

.  .  .  .  The regents this morning will announce a replacement for retiring SDSU President Peggy Miller. She and heads of the other public universities have been getting outside money to supplement state dollars for their pay for several years.

Miller's salary, for example, includes $180,127 in state money, says Tad Perry, executive director of the state Board of Regents. It also includes a deferred compensation package paid for by the SDSU Foundation, the fundraiser affiliated with the school.

Perry said the total compensation for Miller is about $273,000
    - similar to the salaries being paid University of South Dakota President Jim Abbott and School of Mines and Technology President Charles Ruch. In those two cases, public money paid $180,127 of the salary; private foundation money accounted for the rest. .  .  .  

Go State!  

Comment

Re: You finally listened to me!!

President Miller will leave with a clear record. No questions need to be asked about her expense reports. Little different than what you have at UNO.

Why is it our Pres gets less and your needs to pad their expense account. Omaha must be a very expensive place to live or is it about trying to get all you can from the cookie jar.

Comment

Working...
      X