Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNO is irrelevant

Interesting.......

I paid a visit to the uno (dII) board to see if any SDSU people have been over there taking shots at their faithful these past weeks when their program was coming apart from the top down.

Not one person has bothered.

Conclusion.....

uno (dII) and their fans are irrelevant.

SDSU, on the other hand, win or lose, is the measuring stick other area teams use to determine whether they should feel good about their program, or not. That's the way it is in DI. All the lesser divisions prepare for months just to give themselves a chance to knock you off (those that are brave enough to try).

Those that are afraid to try appear in swarms when one of their own does well. They see an opening to chatter their little man talk. It is just that talk. Few of them have the nerve to actually step onto the playing field with us, because they know what happened Saturday just doesn't happen very often at CAS.

So chatter on little men, we have Big D-I fish in our pond to worry about in the weeks to come.

uno (dII) and their fans, on the other hand remain "irrelevant".  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Re: UNO is irrelevant

I've been saying this for months!

The more we respond to the Mav Triplets the more they hang around!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

There are only two (Mavs Rule and MAVPOWER) fans of the University of No Opportunity on this board if memory serves me correctly. MAVPOWER has used several different names over the course of time....

Comment

Looks like you don't always get what you pay for.......

Published Tuesday
        September 12, 2006

UNO Chancellor Nancy Belck resigns

BY HENRY J. CORDES AND MATTHEW HANSEN

WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITERS

RELATED STORIES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

»
        Former UNO aide had charged for wife's trips to Alaska, Hawaii

»
        NU chief says UNO lacked 'good judgment' on spending

»
        Regents criticize 'loose' UNO spending oversight

»
        Expense record altered by Belck

»
        Expense alteration spurs talk of whether Belck should resign

Nancy Belck - the chancellor who saw UNO through a decade of unprecedented transformation and growth - resigned her post today in the face of controversy over her alteration of an expense record.

Nancy Belck

Her resignation followed a cascading series of events that began with the June layoffs of five employees from the university's athletic department.

It was soon revealed by UNO officials that the deficits in athletics had been going on for five years, prompting Belck to divert $2 million in university funds to athletics to keep the department afloat.

Then came revelations that her top aide, Vice Chancellor Jim Buck, had been receiving perks funded out of the athletic budget, including a Cadillac and country club membership, even as the department was seriously in debt.

After prevailing in a public records dispute, The World-Herald last week published the full extent of Buck's spending of university funds. He spent thousands of dollars on trips to the NCAA Final Four, travel by his wife, expensive dinners and golf outings, even billing athletics for his own charitable donations to the department.

The records also included an expensive dinner Belck, Buck and their spouses hosted at the 2004 NCAA convention at one of Nashville's finest restaurants. The tab was $1,263 for eight people.

It was that record that Belck altered to suggest there were also "select NCAA Division II staff'' present at the dinner. When asked about the discrepancy, she said she made the change for accuracy, reflecting her assertion there were others at the dinner that inflated the tab.

However, four athletics officials present at the dinner said the original Buck record reflecting eight diners was correct.

Belck submitted her resignation to NU President James B. Milliken, effective immediately.

The chancellor, who came to the University of Nebraska at Omaha in 1997, said recent news reports about her travel expenditures and those of former top aide Buck had diminished her ability to lead the campus.

"As a metropolitan university, UNO must continue to move forward," Belck said.

"Unfortunately, because of the environment created by events of the past several weeks, I can no longer provide effective leadership. In the best interest of UNO, I believe removing myself from this controversy is the most appropriate course of action," she said.

Milliken named John Christensen, UNO vice chancellor of academic and student affairs, as interim chancellor.

"The immediate task at hand is to recapture UNO's momentum and turn our attention to important priorities and opportunities for the campus," the NU president said.

"John Christensen is a seasoned administrator and a man of great integrity, and I am confident that he will provide the leadership needed now to move UNO forward," Milliken said.

Milliken said Belck had "provided thoughtful and energetic leadership for the University of Nebraska at Omaha for the past nine years.

"She has guided the campus during a period of significant growth and accomplishment, mobilizing university and community leaders in a common effort to develop and implement a strategic vision for UNO," he said.

The NU president cited several examples, including the Peter Kiewit Institute's growing reputation as an innovative and competitive programs in the nation in information science and technology, as well as UNO's new role in central Omaha revitalization.

Jim McClurg, chairman of the NU Board of Regents, said, Belck's decision to step down "demonstrates that her concern for the community, the state and the university supersedes her own interests. Her accomplishments as chancellor will have a lasting impact on the campus and have greatly benefited the faculty and students of UNO."

Comment

Congratulations to the Mav twins and the rest of the UNO fan base! There is yet hope in Omaha. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Comment

Wonder if there's gonna be criminal charges?
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Good bye Hilary Belck!!!! Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out. I respect Osama Bin Laden more than I do you. At least you could have kissed us before you screwed us. Now you can take your Cadilac driving, country club membering boyfriend (slave) with you. Thanks for running our athletic program into the ground you female dog (can't use the word I want). Great day for UNO athletics!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mavs Rule
                Good bye Hilary Belck!!!!............... I respect Osama Bin Laden more than I do you..................

That statement brings confirmation to what many of us have believed for some time.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

So now with Dr Miller's retirement there will be 2 college president openings - one in SD and one in beautiful Omaha, Ne. You can either choose to live in a thriving metropolitan area and get paid a just wage (Belck was making 217k) or else you can live rurally with limited cultural opportunities, nasty winters, and be the lowest paid land grand pres in this great country of ours. No. 50 out of 50!! I know what most people would choose.
                  ;D

Comment

No facts no sense. Another Mav winner.

It has been said our new president will be paid near 300k. If you compare the cost of living in your thriving metropolis compared to our sleepy community that number becomes significantly larger.

Comment

Originally posted by MAVPOWER
                      So now with Dr Miller's retirement there will be 2 college president openings - one in SD and one in beautiful Omaha, Ne. You can either choose to live in a thriving metropolitan area and get paid a just wage (Belck was making 217k) or else you can live rurally with limited cultural opportunities, nasty winters, and be the lowest paid land grand pres in this great country of ours. No. 50 out of 50!! I know what most people would choose.
                      ;D
                      For the only difference that matters, please see the subject line of this thread.
                      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

;D

Actually it should read like this....

You can choose to live in Brookings, South Dakota, where there is a fantastic quality of life, outstanding education, low crime rate, low taxes, a dynamic buisness culture with such known businesses as 3M, Daktronics, and Larson Manufacturing. Plus you'll work at a progressive, dynamic university with an outstanding reputation for research, alumni support, as well as a strong academic focus.

Or you can live in Omaha... take in the wonderful, heady aroma of the stockyards, wear fashionable bulletproof vests to and from work, and work with remnants of a corrupt and criminal administration that used the athletic department budget as its own personal piggy bank.

And remeber, the only good thing to come out of Omaha is I-80! I-29 doesn't even want to associate itself with Omaha!
                        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

So now with Dr Miller's retirement there will be 2 college president openings - one in SD and one in beautiful Omaha, Ne.  You can either choose to live in a thriving metropolitan area and get paid a just wage (Belck was making 217k) or else you can live rurally with limited cultural opportunities, nasty winters,  and be the lowest paid land grand pres in this great country of ours.  No. 50 out of 50!!  I know what most people would choose.
                          ;D
                          The job in Omaha is a good opportunity for someone to come in here and turns things around. All you have to do, is look better than Belck(which a monkey could do) and you come out smelling like a rose. If you come in and make great things happen.. you are a hero. SDSU's new president has a tougher job of keeping up the good job that Miller did and they also have to watch a lot of sporting events where the Rabbits get their arse kicked. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavs Rule
                            The job in Omaha is a good opportunity for someone to come in here and turns things around. All you have to do, is look better than Belck(which a monkey could do) and you come out smelling like a rose. If you come in and make great things happen.. you are a hero. SDSU's new president has a tougher job of keeping up the good job that Miller did and they also have to watch a lot of sporting events where the Rabbits get their arse kicked. Seems like a no brainer to me.
                            I believe that looks like a compliment of sorts for an SDSU person. I think someone is getting a little soft spot for SDSU, just a little one.
                            I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

When someone sees a written confirmation that your president will be paid 300k please post it. I am highly skeptical. I am originally from Missouri - "Show Me" the evidence.
                              SDSU has outstanding alumni support? Can't they then pony up some money to get some new fb stands and can't they get more than a lousy 6k for a d1aa fb team? High quality of life in Brookings? - I guess if you love fast food, bad winters, 6 dollar an hour jobs, a d1 team that can't beat non scholarship schools then it is a truly great place to live. I mean Brookings is an alright place - but I don't think many reasonable people would consider it high quality living. It is OK living.

***** Remember the 2nd richest man in the WORLD chooses to live in Omaha - not Brookings, SD.

Comment

Working...
                              X