X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How About that Jacks Basketball Team

Kent State 105
    SDSU 50

I am sure USD would never be able to stay within 55 of that team. I mean if USD would just only lose by 40 than I guess that would be considered a success compared to the standard SDSU basketball is setting. Your youth is lost, Ours just beat a team that beat Penn State.

USD basketball > SDSU basketball

I suppose USD could never transition to D1 and have more success than the Jackrabbit basketball program has already had in D1. What a tough standard to live up to, NOT.
    How Bout Them Yotes

Re: How About that Jacks Basketball Team

Yawn. You can talk all you want aboout what USD would do if they were D-I. Well, you're not. When and if you do move up, then you may have something to talk about. You're sitting in the kiddie pool talking smack about what you would do if you had the guts to jump off the diving board.

Comment

Just for the record- the Shippensburg game with Penn St. was an EXHIBITION in which PSU was playing without 2 starters. Other than a 1-2 yr run, PSU has done absolutely nothing in the Big 10. The football smack talk is worthless, so now you move to b-ball. With all of USD's DI transfers they ought to beat a DII school.

Comment

Also just for the record, even though Penn State plays in the Big 10,  last year Penn State was 15-15 and didn't sniff the post season and Kent State was 25-9 and went to the Big Dance.  Poor Coyote, he just doesn't get it does he.  :-[

Go State!  

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue
          Just for the record- the Shippensburg game with Penn St. was an EXHIBITION in which PSU was playing without 2 starters.  Other than a 1-2 yr run, PSU has done absolutely nothing in the Big 10.  The football smack talk is worthless, so now you move to b-ball.  With all of USD's DI transfers they ought to beat a DII school.

Good point.

Also a good reason for usdII to stay dII.

usdII has been the beneficiary of a number of DI transfers that didn't want to sit out a year to transfer to another dI school. That's why usdII doesn't even bother to sign players early out of high school. They just wait for the leftovers and re-treads. It has worked pretty well for them up this point.

But, if they do go DI that pipeline will dry up. They will then have to compete for the DI players they get. Good luck to them with that!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan
            Kent State 105
            SDSU 50

I am sure USD would never be able to stay within 55 of that team. I mean if USD would just only lose by 40 than I guess that would be considered a success compared to the standard SDSU basketball is setting. Your youth is lost, Ours just beat a team that beat Penn State.

USD basketball > SDSU basketball

I suppose USD could never transition to D1 and have more success than the Jackrabbit basketball program has already had in D1. What a tough standard to live up to, NOT.

You might want to shut your mouth pretty quick here if USD is going D-I. So has Boots asked how many of your current players are going to be transferring out of USD during the transition? I can't imagine Steve Smith decided to leave Creighton to play an indy schedule with no chance of post season play. Come to think of it, I doubt most of your players are real keen on playing through the transition to D-I, not when there are plenty of other quality D-II's for them to transfer too. Its all funny right now for you, but remember, USD is likely going to experience this same transition, with players transferring out right away like we had happen. I would say its more likely to happen with a team full of transfers and freshman. Good luck recruiting D-I talent then!

Comment

Originally posted by Statebasketballfan
              You might want to shut your mouth pretty quick here if USD is going D-I.  So has Boots asked how many of your current players are going to be transferring out of USD during the transition?  I can't imagine Steve Smith decided to leave Creighton to play an indy schedule with no chance of post season play.  Come to think of it, I doubt most of your players are real keen on playing through the transition to D-I, not when there are plenty of other quality D-II's for them to transfer too.  Its all funny right now for you, but remember, USD is likely going to experience this same transition, with players transferring out right away like we had happen.  I would say its more likely to happen with a team full of transfers and freshman.  Good luck recruiting D-I talent then!
              Don't hold it against him, he's a coyote fan. Reality is irrelevant when you know you're that much better. Facts get lost in the bliss of success at the DII level. DII is USD, DI is the future of USD, maybe.

Like I've said time and time again, BS is BS, show it to me on the field/court. One common opponent on the FB field in a real game and we know the result.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Here we go again...We finally mellow the Mavbots down and along comes this silly puppy.

Once again doggy...when you decide to get off the porch you can smack all you want...until then you do not even have a squeaky toy chance of comparing the two schools.

Can't wait to see all of the U's grand plans come to furition.  BY GOLLY...USD WILL BE THE KINGS OF THE WORLD!!!!  

ALL HAIL THE COYOTES....THE BEST ACADEMIC, ATHLETIC, RESEARCH, ENROLLED, ENDOWED, RESPECTED and ARROGANT SCHOOL IN THE UNIVERSE.

I BOW DOWN TO YOU FOR I AM NOTHING BUT A LOWLY JACKRABBIT FAN THAT CANNOT COMPETE WITH YOUR SUPERIOR SCHOOL IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM.

I SCREAM OUT TO ALL DIV.I SCHOOLS TO FOLLOW ME TO THIS PROMISE LAND OF REALIZATION THAT USD IS THE ONLY SCHOOL IN THE NATION THAT DESEREVES RESPECT FOR THEIR THOUGHT PROCESS, THEIR REVALATIONS AND THEIR LEADERSHIP.

ALL HAIL USD, ALL HAIL USD, ALL HAIL USD...!?!   What, its breakfast time, oh honey I just had this horrible dream....hold me I'm so scared. :'( :'( :'(

Comment

Hey I am not the one that put my school on an almighty pedestal. If you are going to talk smack about how SDSU is heads and shoulders above USD and at some kind of an superior level of athletics your basketball team is gonna have to do a heck of alot better than they have over the past 3 years before you can even begin to talk. Usually USD does go the high school route, but this year they have gone with transfers.
                  How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan
                    Hey I am not the one that put my school on an almighty pedestal. If you are going to talk smack about how SDSU is heads and shoulders above USD and at some kind of an superior level of athletics your basketball team is gonna have to do a heck of alot better than they have over the past 3 years before you can even begin to talk. Usually USD does go the high school route, but this year they have gone with transfers.
                    You're welcome to engage in your petty little schadenfreude here of course, but it appears to me that you've confused the sport of football with the sport of basketball. A few handy tips to tell the two apart:

Football has 11 participating players per team on the field at any one time, basketball has 5 players on the court per team.
                    Football has an oblong ball, the basketball is round.
                    Football has an "end zone" and "goal posts" while the basketball goal is a round metal circle suspended ten feet above the floor.
                    Football is played, for the most part, outdoors, while basketball is played, for the most part, indoors. This may be a source of the confusion you're having.

All sarcasm aside--my view is that SDSU fans have no particular need to compare Jackrabbit sports teams to those from USD. For the most part, posters on this board only make comparisons between SDSU and USD athletic teams when they are goaded into it by the likes of the first post of this thread. Normally, we're kept quite busy thank you very much comparing ourselves to NCAA Tournament entrants like Kent State, and fairly poor D-I programs like Alabama A&M. So far, we're not so good in men's basketball, so if that's what you were trying to say, you might have spared yourself the trouble of pointing it out to us--we kinda figured that out ourselves, thanks.

However, SDSU's men's basketball team is young, with a good coach, and will get better. You see, we get to compare our men's basketball team to VMI tomorrow. Our team may win, or they may not. On Monday, we get to compare our women's basketball team to Middle Tennessee State, and then this weekend we get to compare them to Southern Cal. We get to compare our football team to North Dakota State. Later this season, our women's basketball team will get to compare themselves on Fox Sports Net to the Minnesota Gophers.

You see, we get to see how our teams will stack up against those schools which are, in reality, SDSU's peers, like the Universities of Minnesota, Missouri, and Nebraska, all of them like SDSU State Land-Grants, all in Division I, of which we will be a full member and eligible for championships in two short years. We don't have to have discussion board fantasies about it, we don't need to think "what if we played Iowa State in football." We get to find out for real. Sometimes the results are good, sometimes they're not. That's athletics. That's life.

It's obvious that you're not satisfied with the level at which you're currently competing. I can see how not even having those opportunities could be disturbing to you. There's a solution to that, of course: move up to D-I yourselves. Then, maybe, you will begin to understand what SDSU fans have learned and continue to learn with every athletic event.

We are what we are. We are doing what we should be doing. We will have successes, and we will have failures. But we are South Dakota's Land-Grant University. We are SDSU.

Can you say something similar for the institution you support?

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                    X